Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

think my system, if you want to call it that is prolly close to 180 degrees from yours.... eye start w/the intangibles/ethereal sense eye get from players, i.e my sense for their mindset, how grounded they are as individuals, and what their "vibe" might be.... the empiricals/measurables are more my second line of research and mostly serve to knock someone off my board if you or some other draftniks tend to be wholly against them for some tangible reason/instance, which is usually what I refer to as "mixed reviews," if there are others who are high on/good with the said player.

so nothing in particular on your guys, save for Mayfield who looks like he could be a headcase of sorts, and not who I'm looking for as a Charger.... sorta reminds me of that DT we were looking at that eye think got drafted by Jax ?? good player perhaps, but not willing to take a chance on his mindset/intangibles when there are other guys that seem rock solid to me on that note, i.e. Trey Smith.

you also consider a hellah lot more players than eye ever do, as my take is that there are usually 'bout 400 players or so worthy of consideration, and my sense is that only about 40 of 'em are usually worthy of serious NFL consideration, and that outta those usually end up w/about half that many on my board, as the other half there are usually guys likely to carve out a career in the NFL, but personally just not feelin' 'em or don't see them as a Charger.

ps. "Intuition is more direct than reason and far more accurate."
    Tell me what you’ve found about J. Mayfield that shows he is a headcase.
    Im always looking for more information on prospects especially in regards to mentality, work ethic, etc.

Peyton Hendershot (TE) IU is someone I took off my board because of a domestic violence charge. This type of info is a disqualification/making them a UDFA unless it has been settled or they took responsibility for the act and is in their past & not in their likely future to reoccur.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

When i think of Hendershot i think of the hit Micah Parsons made on him to save a TD. Just the way he took a little angle to create the force to stop his momentum. Thats some elite LB stuff.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Tell me what you’ve found about J. Mayfield that shows he is a headcase.
        Im always looking for more information on prospects especially in regards to mentality, work ethic, etc.

Peyton Hendershot (TE) IU is someone I took off my board because of a domestic violence charge. This type of info is a disqualification/making them a UDFA unless it has been settled or they took responsibility for the act and is in their past & not in their likely future to reoccur.
        have found nothing about Mayfield, so false flag atm.... something about him makes me hesitant to spend millions on him.

the guy in Jax I was referring to is Taven Bryan.

'nother guy that had me hesitating last year was Jedrick Willis, who apparently is doing well in Cleveland.

and ditto for Becton, albeit for diff reasons.... personally am not much if any better than the GMs, albeit's fun to get in the mix and match chops.

was also sold on Andrew Thomas who apparently is off to a rough/soft start, altho my first choice Tristan Wirfs, seems to be doing alright, and looks like we'll get a peek at him tomorrow.
        RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• alex8080
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

you have to love jordan davis from Georgia. big time nt at 65 330 playing offensive line on goal line rushes and crushing defenders. watch the goal line clips vs auburn

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Wirfs @left and/or RT (?) for the Bucs.... considering most thought he was a guard, and @best a RT... doing pretty well for himself,
            RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Does covid end this season early? 1-7 would be a pretty good record for going into the draft.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                Does covid end this season early? 1-7 would be a pretty good record for going into the draft.
                Penei Sewell draft extravaganza.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

goin' over my notes from last season....

LT
                  Andrew Thomas * pressures 11/314 as soph, quiet, soft spoken, introverted, great anchor in pass pro, gets push in run game, good range/eats up grass on kick step, lunges @second level/misses blocks in space, sometimes oversteps to outside, leaving inside (cross) vulnerable, better pass blocker than run, hips a bit stiff @times, stout anchor, D’Brickashaw Ferguson mention/compare,

LT Mekhi Becton * road grader, above avg starter, round two,
                  RT Tristan Wirfs * run blocker, meanasty, good get off, feet without the quickness, trouble w/outside speed, upside w/skill set to become solid in pass pro, physical/strong, hoss/mauler, doesn’t lose outside edge often, gets help from TE @times, athletic freak, wrestler, explosive, engulfs defenders, bulldozer, has some Cody Ford to his game, top ten talent, stout, Tyron Smith mention/compare,
                  RT Prince Tega Wanagho * lacks foot speed in pass pro, raw w/technique, has tools/potential, inconsistent, upside, natural pass protector, basketball background, lacks anchor/push in run game, NFL starter, has necessary sand in the pants to hold up against bull rush, doesn’t have foot quickness enough for speed rush, choppy footwork,
                  RT Jedrick Willis * run blocker, Dane Brugler high on,

and guys who returned to school and will be on board for 2021....

OT Trey Smith * blood clots in lungs, top five talent will be ok (Marcus McNeill 2.0), lacks balance, struggles to adjust, sixth rounder/day three, All Pro talent/potential, athlete w/good footwork,

OT Landon Young * injured for all of ‘018, 6/7 rounder,
                  LT * Walker Little * questions ‘bout consistency, and outing vs. Notre Dame, gets tossed on inside moves/rag dolled, lunges in pass pro & run blocking, gets whiffy w/it, opens shoulders/fails to square up, technique is bit of a train wreck, game needs major overhaul/glaring holes, dislocated knee,
                  LT Alaric Jackson * pass pro, athletic, can handle power/twitch, needs work w/footwork and processing, feet are a dumpster fire/like Dorothy’s ruby slippers in Wizard of Oz, clicking & crossing, technique lacking/glaring holes, more pass pro than run blocker,
                  OT Liam Eichenberg * run blocker, good depth on kick step, defends outside shoulder, vulnerable to inside cross
                  RT Alex Leatherwood * quick feet, plug ‘n play LT in NFL, needs to sharpen technique,
                  OT Samuel Cosmi *
                  RT Abraham Lucas * day three,

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

if I'm going by straight measurables/tangibles, and guessing as to where we'll likely be slotted.... this guy makes alotta sense,

OC Creed Humphrey * plug ‘n play, finishes his blocks, powerful hands, stout in pass pro, country strong, unmoveable, day one, top 15/20, former wrestler, informs knack for leverage advantage,

and the guy I like for day three/UDFA....

OC Ryan McCollum * good bend, can pull and get outside,

and for those wondering who we coulda got in the later rounds.... coupla guys eye liked some and that the Pack picked up,

OG Jon Runyan * mauling run blocker, without length/range to play tackle, vulnerable to outside speed,
                    OC Jake Hanson * held own against Derrick Brown,

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

and an example of a guy that love his intangibles, and.... all the tangible/empirical stuff says stay (well) clear,

ILB Dylan Moses * late first round, disciplined, good play recognition/tackler, speed/range, big hitter, more a run play guy, needs work in pass coverage/rush, gets picked on in the air, QB rating of almost 100, injured/ACL tear, tackles in space, prototypical ILB, explosive, sideline 2 sideline playmaker, can sift thru trash/knife thru traffic, better than Mack Wilson (round five after first round hype), concerns in man coverage,

the guy we took,

WIL Kenneth Murray * rangy, run defender, adequate/modest skills in coverage, versatile, overly patient by some takes, top 75/day two,

a guy worth keepin' an eye on for this go 'round....

ILB Paddy Fisher * productive, third rounder, NFL starter, sneaky good pick, day 2/early day 3, first round talent, intimidating,

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

here are the notes on Joshua Kelly....

RB Joshua Kelly * three down back, Chris Ivory compare, gets better as game goes on/gets along, workhorse, bruiser, dishes it out, secondary wants nothing to do w/his physicality, ‘specially later in the game, fifth round,

and for Herbert and Burrow,

QB Justin Herbert * inconsistent/off and on, less than 60 percent completion rate, durability concerns, Alex Smith/Ryan Tannehill compare, did/does he have the talent to throw to, losing accuracy/composure under pressure, is he too tall, can disappear during big games, the next great one, huge arm, amazing character, can he deliver in clutch/carry his team, Blaine Gabbert compare/mention, fades against top tier talent, running QBs get injured, second year in a row now, can be bit robotic when forced off script, comes up small in big games, plays safe with football, mixed reviews, hard to stop when hot, processing speed needs to take step forward, issues with pressure/downfield accuracy, without an area of major concern re: his accuracy, not an RPO QB,
                        QB Joe Burrow * got some Troy Aikman to his intangibles, second rounder, calm, cool and collected, good accuracy/timing, day two/rounds 2-4, developmental prospect, strong feel for reading coverage, efficient/accurate, will beat you before and after the snap, accuracy/touch, arm strength to push ball downfield, makes smart decisions, big game Burrow, crazy good accuracy, near fearless throwing under pressure, elite pre/post snap, handles pressure, mid/late day three grade, not sold on as franchise QB, backup/bridge QB, Joe Brady of Saints/Brees pedigree schemed things for Jeaux, Jared Goff mention, gets sacked due to pocket awareness/internal clock,

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

and along w/Trey Smith.... the guy eye want early is....

SS Hamsah Nasirildeen * hard hitting, coverage skills, FFs, can handle deep zone/middle of the field, top 50,

if he somehow becomes a Charger, figure we can move Derwin to a position I'll call WILLIS, the hybrid WIL/SS position that alotta peoples refer to, i.e, Isaiah Simmons.

Nasirildeen can cover deep and come up and lay the wood.... he forces fumbles and gives us a hedge against Derwin's injury bug, and Nasir's learning curve.

Comment

Working...
                          X