• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

interesting that most of our current bad OL are better run blockers than pass pro...... If Lynn is still here, I can see us dratting run blockers over pass pro...... like we have been the past few years

Hoping Lynn is gone, and we hire an aggressive HC who has a new attitude of outscoring teams rather than being obsessed with keeping games close......and wants an aggressive blitzing defense that QB's won't know who is coming.....
    Well these run blockers aren't that good as the team can't run the damn ball

But yes, Lynn plays these games close to the vest to keep them close. He would rather "not lose" than "win". When is the last time he did a fake punt? Went for two on a touchdown with the first score of the game?

The Chargers will have to be VERY good in close games to succeed. Very narrow margins.

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

But yes, Lynn plays these games close to the vest to keep them close. He would rather "not lose" than "win". When is the last time he did a fake punt? Went for two on a touchdown with the first score of the game?

The Chargers will have to be VERY good in close games to succeed. Very narrow margins.
      all true..... Lynn does not realize that close games keep the enemy close too and it also means that any single play or blunder will cost you the game.... you have to be a great team with greaqt coaching to consistently win close games.....

If instead you blow out teams, you can afford to make a mistake or 2..... and still, easily win.....

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

It's not what we think they are worth...it's what teams are willing to pay. Remember what the Bears gave to get Trubisky...then you got Burrows, Herbert, and Tua coming out and looking good, making these teams think they can accomplish the same thing...pick up a QB that can immediately perform in the NFL...not to mention with the cap being a mess the next couple of years, it's a good time to have a rookie QB salary on the books...

I wouldn't blink anytime in the first 6 or 7 picks...I look for big time trade action...if we don't get Sewell, I hope we get a piece of it.
        Lone, speaking of the Bears, looks like they're done with Trubinsky. They're picking #14 overall, and need a QB badly, so they might be a trading partner. But they'll probably need to move up to nab the QB or two they have targeted. Suppose the Bolts finish at around #6 overall. That pick is worth 1600 points on the chart. The Bears' #14 is worth 1100, for a 500-point differential. Chicago gives us their 2nd rounder, #46 overall, which is worth 440 points. Since they don't have a 4th rounder, they also throw in their 3rd rounder for next year, discounted from the original 200 points to half the value next year at 100 points. We throw in one of our 6th rounders to nearly make up the difference, and we have a deal...

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Pats trade up for a QB. Send us a 2022 pick as well. 2nd or 3rd. Of course we are missing the comp 3rd in this draft. Insert Chubba Hubbard there.

Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 3.05.41 PM.png

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
            Pats trade up for a QB. Send us a 2022 pick as well. 2nd or 3rd. Of course we are missing the comp 3rd in this draft. Insert Chubba Hubbard there.

I think you are missing the Chargers own 4th round pick - should be in the 105-110 range or the Chargers 3rd round comp pick

Not that I am enamored with WR in the 1st round because its not as much of a need as other positions - I do like how you have OT and OC in Round 2. Thats solid.

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Just what we need another receiver? Why not a premium cornerback at #16. Putting points on the board hasn't been the problem but preventing them has. Even with Derwin back we do need a shutdown corner.
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I sure like to see the Spanii upgrade their attitude to "not lose" from "meh."
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Lone, speaking of the Bears, looks like they're done with Trubinsky. They're picking #14 overall, and need a QB badly, so they might be a trading partner. But they'll probably need to move up to nab the QB or two they have targeted. Suppose the Bolts finish at around #6 overall. That pick is worth 1600 points on the chart. The Bears' #14 is worth 1100, for a 500-point differential. Chicago gives us their 2nd rounder, #46 overall, which is worth 440 points. Since they don't have a 4th rounder, they also throw in their 3rd rounder for next year, discounted from the original 200 points to half the value next year at 100 points. We throw in one of our 6th rounders to nearly make up the difference, and we have a deal...

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-V...equestTeam=chi
                  Bears have a history of trading up for that QB...and they need one bad...but are they snakebit after that controversial trade up for Trubisky? It was a universally panned move...still, I think they will be players in this years draft. They got a decent roster, especially on defense...and they have been needing a QB in the Windy city for, like, ever....but if I am moving back to 14, it's for nothing less than a second and third, or a second this year and second next, value chart be damned.
                  Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Send PM

Thats a toughy...Waddle would be a steal there because of injury...fractured ankle doesn't scare me like a knee injury would...but in a trade down scenario that puts us in the middle of the first, I would be looking hard at Wyatt Davis. No pick is 100 percent safe, but Davis would be close...RG problem solved for 10+ years. But have to admit, nabbing Waddle there, and getting some picks to boot, wouldn't upset me.

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Just what we need another receiver? Why not a premium cornerback at #16. Putting points on the board hasn't been the problem but preventing them has. Even with Derwin back we do need a shutdown corner.
                      Yea...but without the injury, Waddle could very well be a top 5 talent, which makes him a steal. I think we could afford to leave the skill positions alone, and I in fact favor that...but if a gem falls in your lap like Waddle...like I said above, it's a toughy. That kid is a freak.

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Yea...but without the injury, Waddle could very well be a top 5 talent, which makes him a steal. I think we could afford to leave the skill positions alone, and I in fact favor that...but if a gem falls in your lap like Waddle...like I said above, it's a toughy. That kid is a freak.
                        This is the guy that Mac Jones has been tearing it up with? I saw his position rank as #1 receiver....If we draft at #16 I don't think he's there as #1 receiver. Most likely we draft 10-12 because now that the pressure of winning or losing is gone we're gonna win meaningless games. So yeah, if he drops to #12 and we pick I'd draft him too! Better get on the phones to sign a premium CB.

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Bears have a history of trading up for that QB...and they need one bad...but are they snakebit after that controversial trade up for Trubisky? It was a universally panned move...still, I think they will be players in this years draft. They got a decent roster, especially on defense...and they have been needing a QB in the Windy city for, like, ever....but if I am moving back to 14, it's for nothing less than a second and third, or a second this year and second next, value chart be damned.
                          Yep...TT can always play hardball, and I hope he does...a 1st, 2nd and 3rd for the QB you want is a reasonable price to pay...even if we have to throw in one of those 6th rounders who probably wasn't gonna make the final 53 anyways...

Comment

Working...
                          X