• Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

I hear you.

I wasn't a Connor fan and it wasn't because of arm length.
    He lacked awareness.

I think it was a mistake for TT to say Lamp is a guard. I think should have put Lamp at tackle and see what happens. And think about this, he got hurt playing guard. Perhaps he avoids the injury if he was in his familiar position. I doubt Lamp was thinking I need to play guard in NFL, he held up great at LT vs Alabama defense which is part of why he was considered a top prospect. But seems like you right has to be at least 33 or they move you to guard.

None of Telesco o-line picks in all of his drafts have worked out for him long term. Not a single one. Will he whiff again?
    Feel like if he goes after Sewell-OT then hopefully he finally gets it right. But man, it's like if Telesco picks you then you won't be very good.

​​​​​
    Lynn thought he was a guard also. It’s all projections based on measurements. I believe Lamp’s comp under Zierlan prior to being drafted was Zach Martin. I also think it’s stretching it to say Lamp tore his ACL because he was playing RG. Things happen unfortunately.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I guess my point is that if I am trying to trade up, I am not interested in bidding war. Somebody else is welcome to overpay.
      Yep...we make our best offer without giving up the farm...and if another team throws 2-3 future first rounders away, so be it...

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

I hear you.

I wasn't a Connor fan and it wasn't because of arm length.
        He lacked awareness.

I think it was a mistake for TT to say Lamp is a guard. I think should have put Lamp at tackle and see what happens. And think about this, he got hurt playing guard. Perhaps he avoids the injury if he was in his familiar position. I doubt Lamp was thinking I need to play guard in NFL, he held up great at LT vs Alabama defense which is part of why he was considered a top prospect. But seems like you right has to be at least 33 or they move you to guard.

None of Telesco o-line picks in all of his drafts have worked out for him long term. Not a single one. Will he whiff again?
        Feel like if he goes after Sewell-OT then hopefully he finally gets it right. But man, it's like if Telesco picks you then you won't be very good.

​​​​​
        I also wanted to see how well Lamp did as a LT--his natural position...I guess we'll see what happens with the Bills...

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Lynn thought he was a guard also. It’s all projections based on measurements. I believe Lamp’s comp under Zierlan prior to being drafted was Zach Martin. I also think it’s stretching it to say Lamp tore his ACL because he was playing RG. Things happen unfortunately.
          Lamp didn't just change position, he changed to the opposite side of the Oline: from left tackle to right guard;
          that's quite a transition for a rookie from a division 2 school.
          Things do happen, but they happen more often if players are thrust into unfamiliar situations,
          and need to be force fed quickly because they are going to start.

Comment

• PORTERPARTY1
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2020
            • Send PM

Chargers draft number 13. on the board will be: 5 QB's. 3 WR, 2 CB's, TE. Edge and LB, , plus 3 OLT's. That's 16 starters. Chargers should move up 3 places or stay put and get a starter, probably OLT or cb. draft reverse in rd 2

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I can easily see Slater or Sewell being available
              as another CB takes their spot top 12
              Parsons has a chance too
              maybe a big surprise in Paye to Dallas
              and I have a feeling Bengals agrees with DJ and sees Slater as the better fit for them over Sewell

I agree with the few here saying Sewell at 13 has a chance

wts, I’d like to secure him sooner rather than later
              I’d add Jaelan Phillips, T. Moehring, JOH, Oweh and J. Davis all have shots at top 12 with elite athletic profiles, limited tape, and banking on upside. Happens all the time.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Penei Sewell. 33 1/4” arms. He a guard.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                  Fluent in Sarcasm
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Iowa
                  • Man of the People
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                  He’s still a growing boy.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Random thoughts catching up on the last 6 fast paced pages ...
                    • I think its taking too long for the draft to get here for some of you. Someone is going to start trading training complexes and camp chefs soon.
                    • I’m 100% completely indifferent about the potential fan base in Oregon as a reason to do anything
                    • Lamp at LT is laughable. He’s the complete bust. He sucked at RG, he sucked at LG, he would suck more visibly at LT
                    • 32.25 arms sound short. Really short. Don’t draft that guy!
                    • I think a LT might be there at 19 or 20. Key word is might. I would not bet on it. LT at 13 for me
                    • Little disappeared again. He was a flashing hot topic a couple weeks ago.
                    • Jenkins is the new Darrisaw, i guess?
                    • Slater fans believe, i can’t say they are wrong, maybe he is the exception to the rule
                    • i’m not a fan of multiple future high picks to move up. Especially if its just for Slater.
                    • Slater, Darrisaw, Jenkins - all 3 are monumental upgrades over what we’ve had the last few years.
                    • What we have today is zip, nada, bupkis. We have NO LT, the team will die if we don’t draft one at the top.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                      Random thoughts catching up on the last 6 fast paced pages ...
                      • I think its taking too long for the draft to get here for some of you. Someone is going to start trading training complexes and camp chefs soon.
                      • I’m 100% completely indifferent about the potential fan base in Oregon as a reason to do anything
                      • Lamp at LT is laughable. He’s the complete bust. He sucked at RG, he sucked at LG, he would suck more visibly at LT
                      • 32.25 arms sound short. Really short. Don’t draft that guy!
                      • I think a LT might be there at 19 or 20. Key word is might. I would not bet on it. LT at 13 for me
                      • Little disappeared again. He was a flashing hot topic a couple weeks ago.
                      • Jenkins is the new Darrisaw, i guess?
                      • Slater fans believe, i can’t say they are wrong, maybe he is the exception to the rule
                      • i’m not a fan of multiple future high picks to move up. Especially if its just for Slater.
                      • Slater, Darrisaw, Jenkins - all 3 are monumental upgrades over what we’ve had the last few years.
                      • What we have today is zip, nada, bupkis. We have NO LT, the team will die if we don’t draft one at the top.
                      I still have Little ranked pretty high on my personal board

but yes, LT is by far the highest priority and the bar is pretty low that anything should be an upgrade.

I am sure the Chargers will go LT in either R1 or R2 - its a bigger need than CB

I just pasted part of the Breer MMQB in the thread about Staley and his coaching, NFL Iq for team - but after reading that - I have zero doubt Staley has been telling Telesco what kinds of players he both likes and dislikes. He has everything else thought out - why not the draft.

Chargers just may have struck gold with this guy
                      Last edited by Bolt4Knob; 04-12-2021, 07:10 AM.

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                        Slater, Little and Jenkins also are in the 33 range and did not make it to the magic number 34. And AVT arms is even shorter than Christensen. So they all are guards too.

So that leaves only Darrisaw as the target for the trenchers at #13.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Slater, Little and Jenkins also are in the 33 range and did not make it to the magic number 34. And AVT arms is even shorter than Christensen. So they all are guards too.

So that leaves only Darrisaw as the target for the trenchers at #13.
                          Darrisaw or Horn are who I think the targets are at 13
                          If not, trade back

Comment

Working...
                          X