• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AKFlyFisher
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2020
    • Send PM

Not that it matters too much, but Herbert's wonderlic was a 39 and not a 25. The 25 was a wrongly reported result. Tuas score was a 19, with the original reported result being 13. Herbert"s 39 makes a lot of sense when you consider his strongest asset this year was his ability to process information quickly.

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by AKFlyFisher View Post
      Not that it matters too much, but Herbert's wonderlic was a 39 and not a 25. The 25 was a wrongly reported result. Tuas score was a 19, with the original reported result being 13. Herbert"s 39 makes a lot of sense when you consider his strongest asset this year was his ability to process information quickly.
      Meaningless to me, but I'll respond anyway. Herbert was an academic All-American, we knew he was at least book smart. The question was if he was making right decisions based on what he saw (or maybe taught). I think Marino had a bad wonderlic as well. They should just dump the test.

Comment

• AKFlyFisher
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Meaningless to me, but I'll respond anyway. Herbert was an academic All-American, we knew he was at least book smart. The question was if he was making right decisions based on what he saw (or maybe taught). I think Marino had a bad wonderlic as well. They should just dump the test.
        I see no reason to dump the test. From the time Landry started using it to present it has provided another factor to consider. The number of sub 15 score success stories is relatively low. Vince Young's 6 was likely instructive. On the other end,, Fitzpatricks 48 doesn't overcome his other deficiencies. Like any metric, it can't be viewed in a vacuum. I've never quite understood the animosity about the wonderlic, but then my career is based on the LSAT and Bar, so maybe I have a test-centric bias!

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

TT is on my shit list.
          TT or TTT?

TT = Tom Telesco
          TTT = Too Tall Tillery

Comment

• Randall Turner
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by AKFlyFisher View Post
            I read Tua retook the test. Same place I read Herbert’s 25 score tho.

No doubt in my mind a complete idiot can be an NFL star, and situational awareness is something else anyway. Still tickled Herby’s is high!

Comment

• JOJAX85
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2018
              • Irmo, SC
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Marino's success came from his quick release. From the time his brain decided to let it rip til the time it was ripping was incredible.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

I'm kind of liking edge rusher Miami Gregory Rousseau at No. 13. He opted out of playing in 2020. He's 6-7 and naturally 260 lbs. He needs to improve as a run-stopper, but paired with Bosa they might be the most destructive edge rushing duo in the league.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Irmo, SC
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                  I'm kind of liking edge rusher Miami Gregory Rousseau at No. 13. He opted out of playing in 2020. He's 6-7 and naturally 260 lbs. He needs to improve as a run-stopper, but paired with Bosa they might be the most destructive edge rushing duo in the league.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2...f-2020-season/
                  I like him, too, but I have my doubts that he's still there. My next favorite guy would be Surtain II, but I also think he will be gone. So with obviously Sewell being gone, that's the #1 OL, Edge & CB off the board. Not a year where there is an obvious pick after that. Just a wait & see & trust your scouts.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

We need new scouts lol

Comment

• AK47
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2019
                      • Send PM

I'd want to see his combine but yeah the kid has a high ceiling.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Windsor, U.K.
                        • Send PM

Agree on the athleticism, and him lining up next to Joey( ran A LOT of stunts at The U) but he gets ZERO pop on his initial contact.
                        The stunting and athleticism worked great at the collegiate level but I'm just not sure he's got the strength to get passed NFL O linemen on a consistent basis?

Comment

• JOJAX85
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Irmo, SC
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

Agree on the athleticism, and him lining up next to Joey( ran A LOT of stunts at The U) but he gets ZERO pop on his initial contact.
                          The stunting and athleticism worked great at the collegiate level but I'm just not sure he's got the strength to get passed NFL O linemen on a consistent basis?
                          Maybe that's what he's been working on since opting out.

Comment

Working...
                          X