• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Last draft cycle the Bolts were suppose to have the edge due to their scouting & coaching staff being in place for a while, too

Does anyone have an opinion on how they did?

Not so good so far after round 1: still too early.
    They need to be put under the gun.
    Thinking of Kelley in particular.
    This is someone I expected to rise...completely wrong.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

They need to be put under the gun.
      Thinking of Kelley in particular.
      This is someone I expected to rise...completely wrong.
      Tillery, Adderly, Pipkins, Kelley, Gilman (he needs to be a ST wizard next year) - who am I missng -
      time to bring it or be gone

Comment

• Boltgang74
        We Are The Storm!
        • Aug 2018
        • Send PM

Yeah TT needs to hit a home run this off season or take his shit n go home.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Tillery, Adderly, Pipkins, Kelley, Gilman (he needs to be a ST wizard next year) - who am I missng -
          time to bring it or be gone
          Yeah going back two years is more troubling.

Pipkins out.
          Tillery/Adderley now or never IMV.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Eurobolt
            *** Jim Harbaugh ***
            • Sep 2018
            • Send PM

I still believe that 1st round pick will be OL.

Edge rusher will come via free agency, one FA OL also has to be signed.

Then OL 1st round and probably need like CB rd 2.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

#13 - JAELEN PHILLIPS (EDGE) UMIA - RJR - 6’5” / 266# - Incredible athlete with burst, elite COD agility, converts S2P, great length, and high end motor/competitiveness. Impressive passrush arsenal (swim, long arm post, spin, inside dip/rip, speed two hand swipe), at ease in space, excellent stunt timing, strong and physical @POA in run game, uses length/strength/leverage to disengage. Former #1 overall recruit (2017), minor injury plagued first 2 seasons, transfer from UCLA to MIAMI. Flashed at UCLA but 2020 was a breakout year. Huge upside with his ELITE skillset and physical traits.

On anyone else’s radar?
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                French Speaking Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Québec city
                • Send PM

According to D. Jeremiah, 4 QBs will be picked in the top 10.
                The Chargers could have the 2nd or 3rd best OL of the draft.

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

DJs mock. Huskies guys getting a lot of play. 2 guys i keep routinely mocking later in most of these mock sims are in his first round. Id see if our 3rd could get us Sewel at 10 in this scenario. Thats a close enough range to try at least.

Pick 1Pick 2Pick 3Tua Tagovailoa. Chase is the best pass catcher in the draft.

Pick 4Pick 5Pick 6Pick 7Pick 8Pick 9Pick 10Pick 11Daniel Jones and now they need to give him some weapons on the outside.

Pick 12George Kittle, Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk to give Kyle Shanahan an embarrassment of riches.

Pick 13School: USC | Year: Junior (RS)

Vera-Tucker is one of the cleanest players in the draft. He's played at a high level at both guard and tackle. The Chargers must address the offensive line this offseason.

Pick 14School: Miami | Year: Sophomore (RS)

I'm a big fan of Rousseau and his potential at the next level. He has elite length and surprising pass rush polish despite his limited experience at the position. The Vikings' defense took a big step back last year due to an inability to pressure the quarterback.

Pick 15School: Penn State | Year: Junior

Parsons is an explosive, versatile playmaker, and the Patriots need to get faster on defense.

Pick 16School: Miami | Year: Junior (RS)

Phillips is the most gifted pass rusher in this year's draft. He has an excellent get-off, he can bend at the top of his rush and he is a finisher.

Pick 17School: Notre Dame | Year: Junior (RS)

Owusu-Koramoah is a dynamic athlete at the second level of the defense. He can cover in the slot if needed and he's an excellent blitzer. The Raiders need to address the pass rush, too, and that could be an option here with this pick.

Pick 18School: Virginia Tech | Year: Junior

The Dolphins need to devote this offseason to supporting their young QB. Darrisaw is a sound, dependable player and would step right into the starting lineup at right tackle.

Pick 19School: Florida | Year: Senior

Toney is electric with the ball in his hands, and the Washington Football Team needs more playmakers. I also wouldn't rule out a trade up for a quarterback if Washington fails to address the position in free agency.

Pick 20 School: Michigan | Year: Sophomore (RS)

The Bears could use Mayfield at tackle or slide him inside to guard. I love the way he finishes in the run game.

Pick 21School: Michigan | Year: Senior

The Colts need to address the quarterback spot after Philip Rivers' retirement. I could see them trading for Sam Darnold or Carson Wentz. I also wouldn’t rule out a trade-up scenario for one of the top four QBs in this draft class. If they stick and pick, I like Paye's upside as an edge rusher. He's raw, but the talent is there.

Pick 22School: South Carolina | Year: Junior

The Titans need better cover guys on the back end. Horn has the ability to play at a high level in press or off coverage.

Pick 23PICK ACQUIRED FROM THE SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

School: Clemson | Year: Senior

Don't get caught up in the "we can't take a running back in the first round" conversation. You need to have playmakers on offense to play winning football. Etienne would add an explosive element as both a runner and receiver.

Pick 24School: Oklahoma State | Year: Senior (RS)

The Steelers' inability to run the football last season was a major problem. They could take a runner here -- I love North Carolina's Javonte Williams and Alabama's Najee Harris -- but I think they will address the offensive line instead. Jenkins plays with an edge (see what he did against Texas) and would provide some youth/athleticism to Pittsburgh's aging group.

Pick 25PICK ACQUIRED FROM THE LOS ANGELES RAMS

School: TCU | Year: Junior
                  Moehrig is the best safety in the draft class and has the ability to play the deep middle or inside the box. He has a high ceiling and a high floor.

Pick 26School: Tulsa | Year: Junior (RS)

Collins is very similar to Leighton Vander Esch when he was coming out of Boise State. Collins has the same size, length and athleticism. Cleveland needs to upgrade at the linebacker position.

Pick 27School: Georgia | Year: Sophomore (RS)

Ojulari is a tough evaluation. He's a little undersized, but he plays with excellent leverage and strength. The Ravens will love his energy and passion.

Pick 28School: Missouri | Year: Junior

Bolton is a run-and-hit linebacker with outstanding range. The Saints are getting a little older at the second level of their defense and need to add some speed.

Pick 29School: Washington | Year: Junior (RS)

Tryon is very well regarded around the league. He has size, length and power. He would be a nice fallback option if the Bucs lose Shaq Barrett in free agency.

Pick 30School: UCF | Year: Senior (RS)

The Bills have built a very complete roster. They could easily trade out of the first round and collect some extra picks. Robinson is a tall, rangy cornerback prospect with the ability to play in the slot or outside.

Pick 31School: Louisville | Year: Junior

I know the Packers don't traditionally draft wide receivers in the first round, but I love this potential fit. They don't have anyone with Atwell's skill set on their offense. He is a blur who can be utilized on jet sweeps and to stretch the field. He would be the perfect complement to Davante Adams and Allen Lazard.

Pick 32 School: Washington | Year: Senior (RS)

The Chiefs have the luxury of simply taking the best available player on their board. I believe Onwuzurike is the best interior defensive lineman in this draft class.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Irmo, SC
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
                    #13 - JAELEN PHILLIPS (EDGE) UMIA - RJR - 6’5” / 266# - Incredible athlete with burst, elite COD agility, converts S2P, great length, and high end motor/competitiveness. Impressive passrush arsenal (swim, long arm post, spin, inside dip/rip, speed two hand swipe), at ease in space, excellent stunt timing, strong and physical @POA in run game, uses length/strength/leverage to disengage. Former #1 overall recruit (2017), minor injury plagued first 2 seasons, transfer from UCLA to MIAMI. Flashed at UCLA but 2020 was a breakout year. Huge upside with his ELITE skillset and physical traits.

On anyone else’s radar?
                    I think he's one of these guys that you have to find out how much he really loves football? Clowney for example. Ultimate athlete, #1 recruit, but plays when he wants to. We need to nail this draft so if there's a doubt, move on.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

I think he's one of these guys that you have to find out how much he really loves football? Clowney for example. Ultimate athlete, #1 recruit, but plays when he wants to. We need to nail this draft so if there's a doubt, move on.
                      It would help my armchair GMing to interview the prospects.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                        Yeah TT needs to hit a home run this off season or take his shit n go home.
                        He really needs a very good solid draft class and free agency. He needs the guys to play. Maybe better coaching. Maybe better scouting on his part. I personally do not think he deserved another year but since he has one, have to hope he can
                        1) upgrade the OL
                        2) fix ST

everything else after that is working with Staley to find the right players for the team - though I think Edge and CB are the next biggest prirorities - but if he at least attempts to fix the above (and we will know how he feels about SpecialTeams during free agency not the draft - he needs veteran players, not expensive but solid players) - than he can take a Waddle or Pitts or his Notre Dame player as I will give him some leeway.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

On anyone else’s radar?
                          Did he declare? He isnt on some draft sites, like CBS.

Comment

Working...
                          X