Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Absoluely love AVT...#3 oline on my board, and absolutely worth # 13....after Sewell and Slater. I take him before any LT...there isnt a single position on our oline that is satisfactory...you add the highest quality player you can get there, IMO....regardless if its tackle or guard...the only tough choice would be if Chase or one of the blue chip CBs fall there.
    Regarding the bold - that's a sad truth. We know they aren't apt to find 5 new starters though and that's a good reason to get one at #13 - Sewell, Slater, or AVT would be great. I REALLY like Sewell and I'd be ecstatic if we had him surprisingly fall to us. You just never know, we sure didn't figure to get James, but we did!
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• WindsorUK
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Windsor, U.K.
      • Send PM

Sewell seems to be the only Tackle most draft experts are predicting will STAY at Tackle as a professional.
      Guys like Slater, Vera Tucker, Mayfield, Carman, Leatherwood, etc. are being pushed inside before they even get to their first OTL's.
      I'd happily take 3 Tackles in the first 3 rounds and let them battle for Herbert's backside protection duty. The runners up can move inside.
      We grab 3 OL in the top 100 picks, gotta be a good one amongst them, right? Hopefully 2......

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
        Sewell seems to be the only Tackle most draft experts are predicting will STAY at Tackle as a professional.
        Guys like Slater, Vera Tucker, Mayfield, Carman, Leatherwood, etc. are being pushed inside before they even get to their first OTL's.
        I'd happily take 3 Tackles in the first 3 rounds and let them battle for Herbert's backside protection duty. The runners up can move inside.
        We grab 3 OL in the top 100 picks, gotta be a good one amongst them, right? Hopefully 2......
        I will be happy with 2 in those top 100 picks and another say in the 5th or the early 6th round - so three total. Just not one in the 5th, one in the 6th and one in the 7th
        It has to be a priority. Telesco has to see it - I mean the media sees it, the fans see it, everybody sees it.

I can make the case on defense that with James back, maybe a guy to replace Ingram (maybe Markus Golden for cheap since Floyd or Reddick might have a bigger market) - the defense can improve even if the corners are Davis, Harris, Hayward and you bring back Jenkins (though I want John Johnson III at Safety and a new CB for Hayward) - but fine

Special Teams for sure needs tweaking
        bring back MW and HH on offense

But the damn OL - Telesco needs to upgrade in both Free Agency and the draft - no question about it.

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Far too many QB needy teams for only 2 QBs to go before #13. 3 minimum, 4 likely, and will depend on how teams view Mac Jones for the 5th.
          ETN is the only top 20 RB and we better not take him.

I do agree that we stick to our board, trade up, and select the Samoan Superman. The #1 prospect on our/my board.
          You are probably correct that minimum 3QBs are gone in top 12.

Jax. Lawrence-QB
          Jets. Maybe QB. But also think their GM may just pick Sewell because he has pick #23 and can move back up for a QB.
          Mia. No.
          Alt. Maybe, but I say no.
          Cin. No
          Phi. No.
          Det. Maybe, but I say no.
          Car. Maybe. Are they sold on Teddy. Probably not. He has a big cap hit in 2021 but after that they can cut him.
          Den. They do need to upgrade. Good chance they take one.
          Dal. No.
          Nyg. No.
          SF. Maybe. But they are paying so much over next two year with cap hits if they cut Jimmy G. I say no.

So a team or two trading into top 12 can grab them.

2 is the minimum that would go. But I agree it's more likely a 3rd is gone before #13

Either way stay true to your board Telesco.

I would like to know what that Telesco board looks like.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Jax. Lawrence-QB
            Jets. Maybe QB. But also think their GM may just pick Sewell because he has pick #23 and can move back up for a QB.
            Mia. No.
            Cin. No
            Phi. No.
            Car. Maybe. Are they sold on Teddy. Probably not. He has a big cap hit in 2021 but after that they can cut him.
            Dal. No.
            Nyg. No.
            SF. Maybe. But they are paying so much over next two year with cap hits if they cut Jimmy G. I say no.

2 is the minimum that would go. But I agree it's more likely a 3rd is gone before #13

OL, OL, Edge, CB, IDL, OL and maybe K or P

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Jax. Lawrence-QB
              Mia. No.
              Cin. No
              Phi. No.
              Dal. No.
              Nyg. No.

Disagree on Dallas not taking a QB... after contract disputes with their QB and injury concerns there is a 50/50 chance a QB they like is taken. If only 2 QB's are off the board then there is going to be a hot demand for our 13th pick so I would say trade down and pick up a second round pick.

:2cents:
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Jax. Lawrence-QB
                Mia. No.
                Cin. No
                Phi. No.
                Dal. No.
                Nyg. No.

Likewise

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

OL, OL, Edge, CB, IDL, OL and maybe K or P
                  That is not a board.
                  Simply your bias at PON not a representation of the talent available when our picks come up.
                  Drafting solely for need gets you players that fail/bust by being over drafted.
                  Stick to our board and select talent in each round. Now if talent and PON matchup then fantastic.

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

That is not a board.
                    Simply your bias at PON not a representation of the talent available when our picks come up.
                    Drafting solely for need gets you players that fail/bust by being over drafted.
                    Stick to our board and select talent in each round. Now if talent and PON matchup then fantastic.
                    Yes and No. Since that is a fairly large group of areas to pick from we might get a #2 rank at a given position of need. I can't see any #1 rankings left at pick #13 unless we get stupid lucky!

:smoking:

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Yes and No. Since that is a fairly large group of areas to pick from we might get a #2 rank at a given position of need. I can't see any #1 rankings left at pick #13 unless we get stupid lucky!

:smoking:
                      Every team’s board is different. Our CB1 could easily be CB5 on other team’s boards.

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Every team’s board is different. Our CB1 could easily be CB5 on other team’s boards.
                        That's a stretch...might have believed CB3 but a difference of rank of 5th would squarely place them in the back half of round 2.

Comment

• Panamamike
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                          The only current offensive lineman Kansas City have drafted ahead of round five have been left tackles in college. Of course they've not all stayed left tackles.in the pros. And their line is not booming with first round draft picks.

Comment

Working...
                          X