• Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Ha ha ha.

I appreciate that you are a straight shooting flamethrower in posting style, dmac.

I am an idiot with a keyboard too.

Was just giving Critty some well deserved grief.

The small school stuff is surely valid.

Do it seldom and get it right.

These mascots tho.

My fav is Coryell's old haunt...Whittier College...home of the Fighting Poets.
    And remember, Whittier College is also the alma mater of Richard Nixon...

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Got to figure Gus had a hand in defensive guys as well. However, Telesco did say it was Lynn who wanted Murray.
      Wow...add that to the list of Lynn boo-boos...Murray better show something next season or we add him to the Lame Lynn List...

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Wow...add that to the list of Lynn boo-boos...Murray better show something next season or we add him to the Lame Lynn List...
        Murray was pretty good his last 4-5 games. Now he has to learn a new defense but I'm sure, Staley will have him going in the right drection and he should be much better next session.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Murray was pretty good his last 4-5 games. Now he has to learn a new defense but I'm sure, Staley will have him going in the right drection and he should be much better next session.
          Agree, Murray and Tranq form the core of a good young (cheap) LB group going forward.

I am in the camp that Gus’s defense didn’t do many players a lot of favors due it is over-simplicity and ease for smart OCs to scheme against, His success in SEA relied on pro bowl caliber talent all over the field to appear effective, but he hasn’t been a genius since he left there. Reminded me of Noirv’s genius offense which is fabulous if you have a great OL, HOF QB and a large handful of all pro skill players for weapons.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Yes, lets hope that Staley and this staff can get more not only out of Murray but Tillery, Adderley, even Kyzir White and Justin Jones. I just am not sure that Telesco has picked the best players and I am not sure they have been "coached up" as much as they need.

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Slowly reading through this thread so I’m sure it’s already mentioned. But if a top corner falls to 13th, that’s probably who we will draft instead of TE/WR or even OL. Given Staley’s emphasis on the back seven versus the front, and no viable corners available in FA, I can see this happening. If a corner doesn’t drop, I can see OL being the pick. Though after Sewell gets picked, I would rather us trade down first. Maybe if one of the QBs fall like Trey Lance and someone below us wants him?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                Slowly reading through this thread so I’m sure it’s already mentioned. But if a top corner falls to 13th, that’s probably who we will draft instead of TE/WR or even OL. Given Staley’s emphasis on the back seven versus the front, and no viable corners available in FA, I can see this happening. If a corner doesn’t drop, I can see OL being the pick. Though after Sewell gets picked, I would rather us trade down first. Maybe if one of the QBs fall like Trey Lance and someone below us wants him?
                There is no doubt a CB in this draft is a position of need so if Surtain or Fairley are there at 13 and they check out with a Staley defense - the pick makes sense to me. Micah Parsons makes sense to me. OT makes sense to me - or even OG. WR or TE do not make sense to me

I think the Chargers have options in free agency for FS and CB though - right now -I think they have basically $15m of cap dollars (Casey is on the books for $10 and Rayshawn probably will be worth at least $5) in one CB and S. So for me, if John Johnson gets Hayward money and they find a CB for Jenkins money - its a wash to me.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Irmo, SC
                  • Send PM

Agreed. He had over 100 tackles as a rookie in a scheme that I don't think took advantage of his strengths. I expect Staley to move him around & let him blitz & freelance more this year.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

Agreed. He had over 100 tackles as a rookie in a scheme that I don't think took advantage of his strengths. I expect Staley to move him around & let him blitz & freelance more this year.
                    Hopefully he can strike fear to the opposing qb under Staley’s scheme. He definitely looks the part.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

There is no doubt a CB in this draft is a position of need so if Surtain or Fairley are there at 13 and they check out with a Staley defense - the pick makes sense to me. Micah Parsons makes sense to me. OT makes sense to me - or even OG. WR or TE do not make sense to me

I think the Chargers have options in free agency for FS and CB though - right now -I think they have basically $15m of cap dollars (Casey is on the books for $10 and Rayshawn probably will be worth at least $5) in one CB and S. So for me, if John Johnson gets Hayward money and they find a CB for Jenkins money - its a wash to me.
                      They need to resign Michael Davis as well.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Oh for sure - Hunter and Davis to me are key players to bring back.

Comment

Working...
                          X