• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Because we have exactly zero quality offensive linemen.
    It really is a priority. Telesco has to hammer it home

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Telesco is batting 0 for forever in drafting offensive linemen. The same batting average as me. .000
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Telesco is batting 0 for forever in drafting offensive linemen. The same batting average as me. .000
        Yep...it makes me think TT either failed to listen to some of his coaches or scouts...failed to correctly analyze the analytics...failed to properly analyze how well these guys would transition to the pros...or all of the above...

Comment

• AK47
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...it makes me think TT either failed to listen to some of his coaches or scouts...failed to correctly analyze the analytics...failed to properly analyze how well these guys would transition to the pros...or all of the above...
          Interesting to know what our big board looked like in January prior to taking Fluker.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2020
            • Send PM

The more I research the higher Christian Darrisaw is rising on my list. One of the things that turned me off from him is concern about him not always playing hard, but the more I analyze him, the more I see how he put in the work over his career to consistently improve over time.

Darrisaw fits the ideal LT role very well.. listed is from Pro Football Network.

Under-recruited out of high school, Virginia Tech offensive tackle Christian Darrisaw is one of the hottest 2021 NFL Draft prospects. In a talented offensive line class, how does he compare to the top offensive tackles? Can he follow former Virginia Tech tackle Duane Brown as a first-round selection?

Christian Darrisaw NFL Draft Profile
            • Position: Offensive tackle
            • School: Virginia Tech
            • Current Year: Junior
            • Height: 6’5″
            • Weight: 314 pounds
            The current NFL Draft adoration that Virginia Tech offensive tackle Christian Darrisaw is receiving is a far cry from his humble beginnings in the sport. Despite representing Team Baltimore in the 2016 Maryland Crab Bowl All-Star game, the Riverdale Baptist product received little national attention.

A low three-star recruit that was ranked as the 171st offensive tackle prospect in the nation, Darrisaw was only rated as the 30th overall prospect in the state of Maryland. Despite reported interest from some bigger programs, his only confirmed offers were from Morgan State, North Carolina Central, and Central Connecticut. Concerns over his academics ensured that bigger programs never progressed their interest into firm offers.

Except for Virginia Tech. The Hokies were Darrisaw’s only Division I offer. He committed in November 2016. Before he would get to represent Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, however, Darrisaw would spend time at Fork Union Military Academy.

Christian Darrisaw’s college football career at Virginia Tech
            No one could have foreseen the immediate impact that Christian Darrisaw would make at Virginia Tech. The freshman would start at left tackle in Week 1 against Florida State. Although an injury saw him miss a game, Darrisaw started every game during the rest of his first college football season. He excelled too.

Darrisaw earned midseason Freshman All-American honors. He also secured a place on the 247 Sports All-American Freshman Team.

It was just the start for Darrisaw. As a junior, he was voted to the Athlon Sports All-ACC Second Team after starting 13 games at left tackle. Behind his leadership, the Virginia Tech rushing offense improved. Although they were small improvements, Darrisaw’s development benefited the entire offensive line.

Christian Darrisaw’s NFL Draft stock soared during his junior season. As Virginia Tech emerged as one of the most potent rushing offenses in the nation, attention turned to his influence. His strength and mobility combined to provide an effective roadblock for Khalil Herbert and dual-threat quarterback Hendon Hooker.

As a result, Darrisaw earned First Team All-ACC and All-American Second Team honors. Although he excelled as a run blocker, Darrisaw also showed excellent pass protection ability. The Virginia Tech left tackle allowed just six QB hurries and no sacks during his senior season.

Following a successful season, Christian Darrisaw declared for the 2021 NFL Draft on December 18th.

Analyzing Christian Darrisaw’s NFL Draft Profile
            What does Virginia Tech offensive tackle Christian Darrisaw bring to the NFL Draft table?

Let’s start with his size and length. At 6’5″ and 314 pounds, he already has the build of an NFL offensive lineman. Since arriving at Virginia Tech, he has gained around 15-20 pounds. Thankfully, this gain has been without any clear drop off in his athletic traits. In addition to being physically imposing, Darrisaw also appears to have great reach. He puts this to good use at the line of scrimmage.

His ability shows by way of lateral movement. It is also clear that he can get out to the next level when run blocking. There are multiple examples on tape of Darrisaw taking care of his man at the LOS. Then, he advances downfield to help extend the run play. It is one of the reasons that Virginia Tech has been so good at running the football in 2020.

Darrisaw shows good play strength from both his lower body but also in his hands. This helps him to anchor down in pass protection. It’s another factor in his ability to be a people mover in the ground game. Size, mobility, and strength combine to make Christian Darrisaw a desirable NFL Draft prospect.

What are some concerns over Darrisaw?
            Like all NFL Draft prospects, there are some concerns over Virginia Tech offensive tackle Christian Darrisaw. One key area where he could improve his game is with his footwork. He needs to make he keeps using his feet throughout his pass protection rep.

This is one of the reasons that Darrisaw is much better in the run game than he is at pass protection. Another centers around his hand usage. He sometimes relies too much on power and not enough on correct placement.

His awareness is another area where he can improve. The best offensive linemen go looking for work. However, there are times on tape where Darrisaw is content to allow the play to pass him by once he’s completed his original assignment. Furthermore, there are examples of him focusing inside when pressure is coming from the edge.

However, these issues are easily refined. Darrisaw has shown that he is easily coached up throughout his Virginia Tech career.

What are Christian Darrisaw’s best fits in the 2021 NFL Draft?
            Given his ability in run blocking, a team with a run-heavy focus would benefit from selecting Darrisaw in the 2021 NFL Draft. I like the fit with the Los Angeles Chargers, Indianapolis Colts, and the Pittsburgh Steelers. All three teams will have tackle needs in the upcoming offseason.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post
              The more I research the higher Christian Darrisaw is rising on my list. One of the things that turned me off from him is concern about him not always playing hard, but the more I analyze him, the more I see how he put in the work over his career to consistently improve over time.

Darrisaw fits the ideal LT role very well.. listed is from Pro Football Network.

Under-recruited out of high school, Virginia Tech offensive tackle Christian Darrisaw is one of the hottest 2021 NFL Draft prospects. In a talented offensive line class, how does he compare to the top offensive tackles? Can he follow former Virginia Tech tackle Duane Brown as a first-round selection?

Christian Darrisaw NFL Draft Profile
              • Position: Offensive tackle
              • School: Virginia Tech
              • Current Year: Junior
              • Height: 6’5″
              • Weight: 314 pounds
              The current NFL Draft adoration that Virginia Tech offensive tackle Christian Darrisaw is receiving is a far cry from his humble beginnings in the sport. Despite representing Team Baltimore in the 2016 Maryland Crab Bowl All-Star game, the Riverdale Baptist product received little national attention.

A low three-star recruit that was ranked as the 171st offensive tackle prospect in the nation, Darrisaw was only rated as the 30th overall prospect in the state of Maryland. Despite reported interest from some bigger programs, his only confirmed offers were from Morgan State, North Carolina Central, and Central Connecticut. Concerns over his academics ensured that bigger programs never progressed their interest into firm offers.

Except for Virginia Tech. The Hokies were Darrisaw’s only Division I offer. He committed in November 2016. Before he would get to represent Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, however, Darrisaw would spend time at Fork Union Military Academy.

Christian Darrisaw’s college football career at Virginia Tech
              No one could have foreseen the immediate impact that Christian Darrisaw would make at Virginia Tech. The freshman would start at left tackle in Week 1 against Florida State. Although an injury saw him miss a game, Darrisaw started every game during the rest of his first college football season. He excelled too.

Darrisaw earned midseason Freshman All-American honors. He also secured a place on the 247 Sports All-American Freshman Team.

It was just the start for Darrisaw. As a junior, he was voted to the Athlon Sports All-ACC Second Team after starting 13 games at left tackle. Behind his leadership, the Virginia Tech rushing offense improved. Although they were small improvements, Darrisaw’s development benefited the entire offensive line.

Christian Darrisaw’s NFL Draft stock soared during his junior season. As Virginia Tech emerged as one of the most potent rushing offenses in the nation, attention turned to his influence. His strength and mobility combined to provide an effective roadblock for Khalil Herbert and dual-threat quarterback Hendon Hooker.

As a result, Darrisaw earned First Team All-ACC and All-American Second Team honors. Although he excelled as a run blocker, Darrisaw also showed excellent pass protection ability. The Virginia Tech left tackle allowed just six QB hurries and no sacks during his senior season.

Following a successful season, Christian Darrisaw declared for the 2021 NFL Draft on December 18th.

Analyzing Christian Darrisaw’s NFL Draft Profile
              What does Virginia Tech offensive tackle Christian Darrisaw bring to the NFL Draft table?

Let’s start with his size and length. At 6’5″ and 314 pounds, he already has the build of an NFL offensive lineman. Since arriving at Virginia Tech, he has gained around 15-20 pounds. Thankfully, this gain has been without any clear drop off in his athletic traits. In addition to being physically imposing, Darrisaw also appears to have great reach. He puts this to good use at the line of scrimmage.

His ability shows by way of lateral movement. It is also clear that he can get out to the next level when run blocking. There are multiple examples on tape of Darrisaw taking care of his man at the LOS. Then, he advances downfield to help extend the run play. It is one of the reasons that Virginia Tech has been so good at running the football in 2020.

Darrisaw shows good play strength from both his lower body but also in his hands. This helps him to anchor down in pass protection. It’s another factor in his ability to be a people mover in the ground game. Size, mobility, and strength combine to make Christian Darrisaw a desirable NFL Draft prospect.

What are some concerns over Darrisaw?
              Like all NFL Draft prospects, there are some concerns over Virginia Tech offensive tackle Christian Darrisaw. One key area where he could improve his game is with his footwork. He needs to make he keeps using his feet throughout his pass protection rep.

This is one of the reasons that Darrisaw is much better in the run game than he is at pass protection. Another centers around his hand usage. He sometimes relies too much on power and not enough on correct placement.

His awareness is another area where he can improve. The best offensive linemen go looking for work. However, there are times on tape where Darrisaw is content to allow the play to pass him by once he’s completed his original assignment. Furthermore, there are examples of him focusing inside when pressure is coming from the edge.

However, these issues are easily refined. Darrisaw has shown that he is easily coached up throughout his Virginia Tech career.

What are Christian Darrisaw’s best fits in the 2021 NFL Draft?
              Given his ability in run blocking, a team with a run-heavy focus would benefit from selecting Darrisaw in the 2021 NFL Draft. I like the fit with the Los Angeles Chargers, Indianapolis Colts, and the Pittsburgh Steelers. All three teams will have tackle needs in the upcoming offseason.
              Welcome aboard the Darrisaw train.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2020
                • Send PM

Welcome aboard the Darrisaw train.
                Oh yeah, I am on that Darrisaw train now! I saw somewhere of his comp being Russell Okung, which I would take with no problem at all.

Comment

• AK47
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2019
                  • Send PM

6-2 207# running a 4.35? Why didn't anyone tell me he was that fast? Tops on my list @#13.

"The first thing you notice about the Virginia Tech cornerback on tape is his size. Standing 6-foot-2 and 207 pounds, Farley has the type of body that can fit into any scheme in the NFL. That combination of size and length plays on the outside in the league.

The second thing you notice about Farley is that he can straight-up scoot. There wasn’t a wide receiver who got a step on Farley downfield last season that the cornerback didn’t makeup in a blink of an eye. That’s not because he was facing slow college receivers, either. Farley is a two-time honoree on Bruce Feldman’s annual freaks list, has blazed a 40 as fast as 4.35 and was reportedly clocked at over 24 miles per hour on GPS trackers during the Notre Dame game last season."

https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-virginia-tech-cb-caleb-farley-opts-out-of-the-2020-college-football-season

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2020
                    • Send PM

The Chargers need to sell out this off-season for offensive linemen regardless if the Chargers draft some... and perhaps acquire a solid and experienced young CB in free agency, perhaps sign Michael Davis if Staley believes he will be a good fit.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

6-2 207# running a 4.35? Why didn't anyone tell me he was that fast? Tops on my list @#13.

"The first thing you notice about the Virginia Tech cornerback on tape is his size. Standing 6-foot-2 and 207 pounds, Farley has the type of body that can fit into any scheme in the NFL. That combination of size and length plays on the outside in the league.

The second thing you notice about Farley is that he can straight-up scoot. There wasn’t a wide receiver who got a step on Farley downfield last season that the cornerback didn’t makeup in a blink of an eye. That’s not because he was facing slow college receivers, either. Farley is a two-time honoree on Bruce Feldman’s annual freaks list, has blazed a 40 as fast as 4.35 and was reportedly clocked at over 24 miles per hour on GPS trackers during the Notre Dame game last season."

https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-virginia-tech-cb-caleb-farley-opts-out-of-the-2020-college-football-season
                      I have doubts that Farley will be available at 13. He is an A+ athlete with A+ size that has enough on tape for GMs as well. There are no negatives I have seen on him to pull him down in my opinion.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post
                        The Chargers need to sell out this off-season for offensive linemen regardless if the Chargers draft some... and perhaps acquire a solid and experienced young CB in free agency, perhaps sign Michael Davis if Staley believes he will be a good fit.
                        I think they can get CB in R2 or R3. But yes, they really need a couple OL, and especially OT in R1 or R2. Don't wait too long.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Interesting to know what our big board looked like in January prior to taking Fluker.
                          There were three highly-rated OT's picked ahead of us...TT needed an OT bad, and panicked, reaching for Fluke...lesson for all of us not to reach...however, I think there will be some nice OT choices at #13 this time around...

Comment

Working...
                          X