• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Parcells
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I just do not see Pitts being there at 13. I still think he is a top 10 pick. Maybe Atlanta flips with Carolina (odd in the same division but you never know) and Atlanta gets him at 8

As for OT or CB - agree - take the highest ranked player. I like Horn but am open to Surtain. Farley's back injury could be something to stay clear of.

A month to go..
    I’m hearing that five QBs and four pass catchers (Chase, Waddle, Smith, and Pitts) may all go top 10. If that happens, at worst we’ll get a shot at one of the top two LTs (Sewell and Slater) or top two CBs (Surtain or Horn). If we land one of those four (or Pitts) at 13, I’ll be ecstatic.

Comment

• eaterfan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

McShay (I know) has Sewell falling all the way to us at 13 and Creed Humphrey at 47. I would be very happy if those were picks 1 and 2. A lot of the top corners were off the board by pick 47 in this scenario, but here are some players I'd consider in round 2 who were available in this draft.

Sam Cosmi (two tackles in the first two rounds, especially when we have Bulaga, might seem like overkill, but Bulaga isn't getting any younger and this would give us the option of moving on from him this coming off season and having a cheap RT option. We're going to have to address RT in the draft or next offseason and OT is always weak in FA. I'd rather spend this pick and get a guy as talented as Cosmi than having to spend a top 2 round pick on a RT next draft when we might spend a higher pick and get someone less talented.

Jayson Oweh (upgrading the pass rush will be a need and he's a really good athlete)

Tyson Campbell (A real athlete at a position of desperate need)

Walker Little (See Sam Cosmi)

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post
        https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2021/i...seven-qbs-land

McShay (I know) has Sewell falling all the way to us at 13 and Creed Humphrey at 47. I would be very happy if those were picks 1 and 2. A lot of the top corners were off the board by pick 47 in this scenario, but here are some players I'd consider in round 2 who were available in this draft.

Sam Cosmi (two tackles in the first two rounds, especially when we have Bulaga, might seem like overkill, but Bulaga isn't getting any younger and this would give us the option of moving on from him this coming off season and having a cheap RT option. We're going to have to address RT in the draft or next offseason and OT is always weak in FA. I'd rather spend this pick and get a guy as talented as Cosmi than having to spend a top 2 round pick on a RT next draft when we might spend a higher pick and get someone less talented.

Jayson Oweh (upgrading the pass rush will be a need and he's a really good athlete)

Tyson Campbell (A real athlete at a position of desperate need)

Walker Little (See Sam Cosmi)
        I am just not sure McShay has this one right. And since I don't have Insider I just read it but if I recall correctly, - it starts with Denver - they have a lot of money in the DB. Granted, Fuller is a one year deal but seems like Edge with the age of Miller or QB make more sense than CB

The Chargers getting Sewell at 13 seems a stretch though if they got Creed and Sewell would be awesome.

I think the Chargers in a real world will be picking Surtain or Horn and not Sewell. And yes, I think the need for RT - especially with Pipkins would be more than Creed at IOL but if Creed is the best player - take him.

Comment

• eaterfan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I am just not sure McShay has this one right. And since I don't have Insider I just read it but if I recall correctly, - it starts with Denver - they have a lot of money in the DB. Granted, Fuller is a one year deal but seems like Edge with the age of Miller or QB make more sense than CB

The Chargers getting Sewell at 13 seems a stretch though if they got Creed and Sewell would be awesome.

I think the Chargers in a real world will be picking Surtain or Horn and not Sewell. And yes, I think the need for RT - especially with Pipkins would be more than Creed at IOL but if Creed is the best player - take him.
          I think ESPN has some of the worst draft coverage. I agree he does not have it right. As someone who reads a lot of mock drafts - I mean A LOT - this might be only the second one I've seen with Sewell falling to 13 (although it's been only a week since the Dolphin's moves). It's extremely unlikely this happens. I do think there's a 50% chance Slater falls to 13, though and that's good for us, too.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Creed Humphrey is left handed.

Herb likes backwards spiral shotgun snaps
            about as much as
            he likes mutton on the bbq.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Darrisaw reminds me of the guy TT picked at 13.
              Actually, Fluker was picked @#11 in 2013...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

I think ESPN has some of the worst draft coverage. I agree he does not have it right. As someone who reads a lot of mock drafts - I mean A LOT - this might be only the second one I've seen with Sewell falling to 13 (although it's been only a week since the Dolphin's moves). It's extremely unlikely this happens. I do think there's a 50% chance Slater falls to 13, though and that's good for us, too.
                I turned on Get Up with Greeny - which by the way - I have never seen him talk about anything but football. Well maybe Tiger Woods car crash, But the other day it was "players on the hot seat" - its March - talk about March Madness or Baseball. Today it was reacting to a Mock Draft and the Bengals passing on Penei Sewell for Chase (I think)- Its a friggin mock draft and they are treating it like its reality. So because McShay has the Bengals passing on OT they talked like it was reality. I stopped after two minutes. - this is stupid.

There is a reason I have stopped watching a lot of ESPN non live sports programming - its just a bunch of nonsense and people on this forum know a helluva lot more about football than those ackjasses.

I think the Chargers will be picking one of Surtain, Slater or Horn. Farleys back issue is dropping him in my mock draft

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                  Creed Humphrey is left handed.

Herb likes backwards spiral shotgun snaps
                  about as much as
                  he likes mutton on the bbq.
                  I also wondered if Humphrey's left-handedness would be a liability for a right-handed QB...then, there's his past injury issues...

Comment

• eaterfan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I also wondered if Humphrey's left-handedness would be a liability for a right-handed QB...then, there's his past injury issues...
                    They have his playing as a guard. I think the Bolts keep Lindsley at C for the next 2-3 seasons at least.

Comment

• Panamamike
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

They have his playing as a guard. I think the Bolts keep Lindsley at C for the next 2-3 seasons at least.
                      I think there are better stronger guard prospects. If we go online in the first we need to go edge or corner in the second.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2021
                        • Send PM

I’m hoping Chargers, with hiring Staley and his defensive system, he can coach up roster as is and tweak where it is weakest, secondary, pass rush and run stop with multi-faceted, smart, under valued talent so they can focus on a plug and play LT. Any good GM/ War Room has parameters and contingency plans to move down in this case targets should be Sewell/Slater.

I wouldn’t be opposed to using some draft capital to move up for either one of those two tackles. If not, and there is real return value to trade down, we can still target LT late teens who could start day one, Teven Jenkins. Pro Day today, hope his arm length is at least 33” because that seems to be all important to success for a LT (here’s to checking boxes) seriously, that would hurt his media stock value, but wouldn’t damper my opinion he could be the 3rd best tackle in this draft.

Fix OL, so close now, finish it. Grab your corners/pass rushers later.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

I think there are better stronger guard prospects. If we go online in the first we need to go edge or corner in the second.
                          I agree - - and if the board doesn't fall in - than don't over pick but its LT and CB in R1 and R2

Comment

Working...
                          X