• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Aw, come on, Wood! Yer keepin' us all in suspense here!

OUT WITH IT!
    Slater/Newsome

Comment

• Parcells
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

He drafted a great defense, which has slowly eroded ever since, and signed Peyton. He lived over a decade off two good drafts. Jmo
      Yeah, winning a Super Bowl tends to buy you a long leash. We keep GMs around for a decade without them ever making a Super Bowl.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

A must draft pick! Figure out how to make it happen TT/Bolt brain trust! He is worth the expenditure of the require draft/player capital.
        Remember this kid can’t even legally drink/consume cannabis until about week 5 of the 2021 NFL regular season.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

Yeah, winning a Super Bowl tends to buy you a long leash. We keep GMs around for a decade without them ever making a Super Bowl.
          I guess if your mark is to measure against the Chargers SB record, than no GM anywhere will ever get fired.

My backseat view of Bucktooth’s record as GM is he started with solid savvy personnel moves in both drafts and FA signs. He won the SB with Peyton and if he retired in that moment he’d be remembered as a great GM. But he didn’t ... and then something in him snapped ... just like late term Lord of No Rings ... and he’s been complete shit ever since. He turned a SB winner into a perennial last place team and thats in a division with both LVR and LAC - last place is no easy fete.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
            In case anyone wants Thorn’s IOL ranking:
            Reading more from Steeler fans about Feiler, and we definitely need to pick up a guard at some point for RG, and maybe another one to replace Feiler at LG the following year since he’s better at RT.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2021
              • Send PM

Don’t see Spencer Brown on his top 10 list, maybe he will be there pick #47?

Comment

• Parcells
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I guess if your mark is to measure against the Chargers SB record, than no GM anywhere will ever get fired.

My backseat view of Bucktooth’s record as GM is he started with solid savvy personnel moves in both drafts and FA signs. He won the SB with Peyton and if he retired in that moment he’d be remembered as a great GM. But he didn’t ... and then something in him snapped ... just like late term Lord of No Rings ... and he’s been complete shit ever since. He turned a SB winner into a perennial last place team and thats in a division with both LVR and LAC - last place is no easy fete.
                No question he did a poor job in the second half of the decade. But the fact is he took over a team that hadn’t been playing well and they pretty quickly ascended into a juggernaut that won a bunch of AFC West titles, made two Super Bowls, and won one. The first four years of his reign as GM is better than any stretch the Chargers have ever had. And that statement would hold true even if they’d lost Super Bowl 50. Look, I don’t love the guy (I grew up rooting against him as a Chargers fan), and the second half of his tenure wasn’t so great. But those first four years were an incredible run. Combined record of 50-14 in the regular season.

Comment

• Parcells
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

*** Starting at 41:00, Justin Herbert fanboy Seth Galina offers great insight about defensive trends in the NFL.

What kinds of defenders should/will the Chargers be looking for in this draft ?

Highly recommended 45 minute listen.
                  Great listen. I’ve had a few reactions to this:
                  1. I definitely expect we’ll grab some defensive backs in the later rounds. I know, a bold statement. But they talk about how coaches like Staley are able to take smart players will lesser physical skills and use them, particularly at safety.
                  2. Jaycee Horn or Caleb Farley would be incredible to have. They have incredible physical tools and could fill that Jalen Ramsey role. I think Farley is going to slide. I’d love to see us trade back and grab him or even trade back into round 1 and grab him if he slides far enough.
                  3. How good is Michael Davis and what can/will Staley do with him?

Comment

• WindsorUK
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Windsor, U.K.
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

Has TT even won a division yet? I'd be content with that...for now.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

I think Horseface is still frustrated he never really drafted or acquired Potatohead's successor...look at the pitiful parade of Donk QB's since Peyton left:

Osweiler
                      Siemien
                      Lynch
                      Keenum
                      Flacco
                      Lock

No wonder Horseface is chompin' at the bit...

Comment

• Parcells
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
                        A must draft pick! Figure out how to make it happen TT/Bolt brain trust! He is worth the expenditure of the require draft/player capital.
                        Remember this kid can’t even legally drink/consume cannabis until about week 5 of the 2021 NFL regular season.

In that second video, Sewell looks good, but his QB looks terrible. Who is that guy? I’m guessing he has no shot at even getting drafted.

In all seriousness, I was very opposed to drafting Herbert. This footage shows me I wasn’t crazy. I can’t believe this is the same guy who was taking snaps behind our shit line last year and lighting up the league.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

Has TT even won a division yet? I'd be content with that...for now.
                          Tied for one but got the wild card because of SOS? Not sure which as we split our series w/ KC.

Comment

Working...
                          X