• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

It's a meme...you still believe in meme's, Jimmy ?

Meanwhile, Jay Morrison, Bengals writer for The Athletic, says Zac Taylor told him Jonah Williams is the OLT and Riley Reiff is the ORT. If the Bengals draft Sewell, they will play him at OG. imp:

Joe Burrow has sent his instructions to Mike Brown.
    Bengals just need to draft OG and a OC, sign another OG and they are alot better. Hec they could maybe get Humphrey early second, maybe even Dickerson and then Wyatt Davis, Adams, Green, Meinerz, Brown, Trey Smith..... one of those guys for OG.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
      Draftnik
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

a vet OLT will trickle down surely via cuts, as well as late healing UFAs.
      Foolproof! We should totally go into the draft under that assumption! We’ll just keep drafting projects and scraping the bottom of the dung heap! What could go wrong?
      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Foolproof! We should totally go into the draft under that assumption! We’ll just keep drafting projects and scraping the bottom of the dung heap! What could go wrong?
        I see a good chance for impact defender or RB at #13.

We will not necessarily draft OLT there.

C'mon now, take my post in its totality.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

Did you know that among the top-300 eligible players in this draft there are more edge prospects from the ACC than the SEC, BIG12, PAC12, and BIG10...combined?

Go ahead boys, count em. Prove me wrong.

Now, if only there was a battle-tested, tried and TRUE LEFT TACKLE prospect from that conference. Someone who didn’t give up a single sack or QB hit in 2020...I know, I know, keep dreaming, right?

This ideal prospect would have 34.5” arms...Maybe +/-320 lbs, about 6’5ish. I’d prefer someone with a lot of game tape to evaluate—3 whole seasons will do. I want to see evidence of this player shutting down power rushers like Boogie Basham and speed rushers like Quincy Roche.

This player would not have an extensive injury history and fits perfectly within zone blocking schemes. Also he needs to be a dominant run blocker and have legit anchor, too. Someone who's humble yet ascending. Someone who’s shown progress and growth in each season while dominating the ACC.

Anyone know a guy like that???

Asking for a friend.
          Tell your friend he is in luck....Christian Darrisaw out of Virginia Tech...can be had in the late first/early second, and he is welcome to him...provided your "friend" isn't a Charger fan.:whistlin:

Basham and Roche are mid round prospects who had 9.5 sacks total between them last year...Roche only had one good year in the AAC, not ACC, with Temple. Basham, as a power rusher, plays to Darrisaw's strength, which is his anchor.

An offense that runs a lot, and has a quick passing attack, isn't going to give defenses opportunities for QB hits and pressures and sacks...especially when the QB is quick to leave the pocket and use his legs....but Darrisaw gets beat plenty. Decent prospect, but no Blue Chipper.

Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Bengals just need to draft OG and a OC, sign another OG and they are alot better. Hec they could maybe get Humphrey early second, maybe even Dickerson and then Wyatt Davis, Adams, Green, Meinerz, Brown, Trey Smith..... one of those guys for OG.
            These youths just don't understand how bad Billy Price and Michael Jordan are.

Hell, Billy Price was one of my personal fails..I wanted "power in the pivot."

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

In the first three rounds.

Here's our working model.
              Washington is plenty strong at OL.
              All they need is a DECENT OLT.
              I have been telling you all along. We can wait until @#77 or @#97.
              If prudent.
              Staley is comprehensive.
              He wants value across the board.
              And rightfully so.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                Draftnik
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

I’m with ya, except I think we should just ignore the left tackle position completely. Don’t even line a guy up there. It’s out of the box thinking. Screw modern football, I’m talking hyperfuturistic. Where’s my fucking hover board?
                Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Regarding the hole at OLT,
                  this is what Staley might just be saying.

First, he talks about 2022 and beyond. Then he talks about length at OT.

I believe the plan is to keep our eyes open in the draft, for value and players who fit our scheme. That might be early or it might be late.
                  ​​​​
                  We may draft another project to compete with Pipkins/Norton ("length") and see where they are in late summer. With all the OTs to be soon drafted, a vet OLT will trickle down surely via cuts, as well as late healing UFAs.
                  True...but I still think we need to draft LT, preferably @#13...if we sign a vet FA, preferably on the cheap just for insurance/backup purposes...

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Mixon doesn't want to run vs eight in the box.

Chase demands double coverage.

Then there's Tyler Boyd and Tee Higgins.

BTW I am going by reports from Bengals writers, not instapundits.
                    Boyd and Higgins combined for 146/1,747/10 in 2020.
                    Chase is not the only LSU WR that ran 4.38 at his pro day.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

I’m with ya, except I think we should just ignore the left tackle position completely. Don’t even line a guy up there. It’s out of the box thinking. Screw modern football, I’m talking hyperfuturistic. Where’s my fucking hover board?
                      :help:

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Boyd and Higgins combined for 146/1,747/10 in 2020.
                        Chase is not the only LSU WR that ran 4.38 at his pro day.
                        Scouts compare Chase to Julio Jones.

I see a generational talent.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Tell your friend he is in luck....Christian Darrisaw out of Virginia Tech...can be had in the late first/early second, and he is welcome to him...provided your "friend" isn't a Charger fan.:whistlin:

Basham and Roche are mid round prospects who had 9.5 sacks total between them last year...Roche only had one good year in the AAC, not ACC, with Temple. Basham, as a power rusher, plays to Darrisaw's strength, which is his anchor.

An offense that runs a lot, and has a quick passing attack, isn't going to give defenses opportunities for QB hits and pressures and sacks...especially when the QB is quick to leave the pocket and use his legs....but Darrisaw gets beat plenty. Decent prospect, but no Blue Chipper.
                          I don’t think Darrisaw can be had in either the late first or any of the second. I was turned off at first with all the lazy talk due to my own lazy ignorance. then I watched some 2020 tape. he’s a natural true LT and he will get even better. I see the cost to jump up for Sewell as way too costly, when CD will do just fine.

I won’t be disappointed if they take Slater, but I think he has a lower ceiling at LT. CD has a permanent chip on his shoulder as under-recruited under appreciated nationally. Even now his critics have louder microphones and I guarantee he hears them. i don’t expect lack of work will be his legacy. But who knows eh? His agent just has to keep reminding him that putting in the work will pay more than $100M in his second contract.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X