• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I thought the powder blue colors before was fine. Maybe I was the only one?
    Second...but not sure what your talking about lol. I just like Powder Blue.

EDIT..now i do, didnt even notice lol.

Comment

• Parcells
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Per the podcast,
      there are several opinions that run opposed
      to what TPB posters and pundits
      have in mind re the draft.

CB
      Position of need, both early and late.
      Off line of scrimmage corners, with inside and outside flexibility is the fit.
      The popular, highly talented press corners at the top of this draft need not apply.
      The Chargers really wanted Kyle Fuller, an excellent off LOS CB, released by the Bears as a cap casualty.
      He chose Fangio and DEN.
      Early targets should be Greg Newsome II, Asante Samuel Jr, and Aaron Robinson.
      Later, the names Rachad Wildgoose, Camryn Bynum and Thomas Graham Jr will possibly come up.
      I listened and saw that there is value to be found in corners that other won’t find as valuable. That said, having a super athletic guy who is awesome at press coverage can still be used as a tool in the defense. If he’s smart enough, you can turn him into a weapon a la Jalen Ramsey.

I still hope we get someone like Slater at 13, but if Staley sees a great use for one of the elite CBs in his defense, I won’t be disappointed if we end up with Surtain or Horn.

Comment

• BoltingUP
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2021
        • Send PM

Knowing the history of the Draft, I think Sewell, Slater, Horn and Surtain will be gone by our pick. That means you will have waddle or smith available at WR. In this likely scenario, do you take Darrisaw at OT, a WR or do you give up picks knowing we need a lot of players to try and move up to get one of the 4 players listed before they are gone?

Comment

• Parcells
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltingUP View Post
          Knowing the history of the Draft, I think Sewell, Slater, Horn and Surtain will be gone by our pick. That means you will have waddle or smith available at WR. In this likely scenario, do you take Darrisaw at OT, a WR or do you give up picks knowing we need a lot of players to try and move up to get one of the 4 players listed before they are gone?
          In that scenario, I would hope that there was good return to trade back a few slots and still land Darrisaw or AVT. But TT never trades back.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Per the podcast,

CB
            The popular, highly talented press corners at the top of this draft need not apply.
            The Chargers really wanted Kyle Fuller, an excellent off LOS CB, released by the Bears as a cap casualty.
            He chose Fangio and DEN.
            Later, the names Rachad Wildgoose, Camryn Bynum and Thomas Graham Jr will possibly come up.

S
            We want our safeties to be similar, with blurring of the titles of FS and SS.
            DB Coach Ainsley likes Nasir a lot, having coached him at the Senior Bowl.
            There is great explosion and multirole capabilities.
            A third safety should selected in this draft.
            The comp for Hybrid Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah is Derwin, btw.
            Early prospect LAC interest would include Trevon Moehrig, Jamar Johnson, and Jevon Holland.
            A mid to late is Damar Hamlin.
            Conduct distribution of coverages and also fill inside gaps in run defense.
            The Rams drafted Jordan Fuller of Ohio State in round 6 last year.
            He replaces John Johnson III in a vital role.
            Processing, agility, integrity while tackling, albeit at slow speed,
            were comments included by Zierlein in his predraft report.
            We need instincts more than uber athleticism here.

LB, DL
            We are in better shape than it seems.
            Of course, JJones and Tillery must develop.
            On thge other hand, only one pass rusher is used in early downs.
            Early down pressure comes from extra DBs in coverage,
            And QBs holding on to the football longer.
            (85% league leading NICKEL from '20 Rams.)
            The big concern is getting some depth behind Bosa.
            Here's a rough list for mid/late rounds.
            Daelin Hayes. Rashad Weaver. Chauncey Golston. Jonathon Cooper. Elerson Smith.

Offensive line and defensive backfield are early priorities.
            Depth there and elsewhere plus skill guy(s) later.

JMO, based off Mays/Galina's opinions.

Sorry Tol this was not "Cliff's.".
            Solid.
            Holland looks like an ideal fit. Love everything about him and I’m pretty sure he’ll be there at 47.
            Lonebolt said a while ago, do NOT be surprised to see JOK at 13
            could be considered the perfect fit for Staley’s 2 high defense, assuming JOK can play deep S, he sure as hell looks like a Derwin James close to the LOS.
            and obviously the Notre Dame connection means Telesco thinks JOK is a a fellow saint who happens to play football.
            also beware of the “Kenny Murray” trade up for JOK if he gets into the playoff teams range.
            Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

I listened and saw that there is value to be found in corners that other won’t find as valuable. That said, having a super athletic guy who is awesome at press coverage can still be used as a tool in the defense. If he’s smart enough, you can turn him into a weapon a la Jalen Ramsey.

I still hope we get someone like Slater at 13, but if Staley sees a great use for one of the elite CBs in his defense, I won’t be disappointed if we end up with Surtain or Horn.
              No argument, good cover CBs are so hard to find that you draft em anywhere and it helps makes your defensive scheme more flexible
              Only thing want to add is that if you look at how BS used Ramsey, it’s a lot of roles James has already proven to execute really well, if anything, I would say BS had James in mind while coaching Ramsey.
              wouldn't be surprised if James was BS’s main attraction here and not necessarily Herbert.
              Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Per the podcast,

CB
                He chose Fangio and DEN.

S
                Early prospect LAC interest would include Trevon Moehrig, Jamar Johnson, and Jevon Holland.

LB, DL

I like Newsome Wood but he is a China doll so he is off my list. Missed games every college season. We don't need that.

I like all those safeties but I'll add Nasirildeen. He can play and I just doubt highly safety will be a first round pick so since i also think Moerhig is a reach at #13, we must address LT.

So in that group you posted, after Moerhig, I like Jamar Johnson....and I'd have Nasirildeen in there as well then we have two guys named Nas lol.

I also would love to have Joe Tryon.
                Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-04-2021, 03:17 PM.

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Lol. Blue is my favorite color so I’m bias. My second favorite is yellow. Hence why I became a Bolt fan at 9 lol.
                  This blue looks better. The other was to ice colored.

Comment

• Parcells
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

No argument, good cover CBs are so hard to find that you draft em anywhere and it helps makes your defensive scheme more flexible
                    Only thing want to add is that if you look at how BS used Ramsey, it’s a lot of roles James has already proven to execute really well, if anything, I would say BS had James in mind while coaching Ramsey.
                    wouldn't be surprised if James was BS’s main attraction here and not necessarily Herbert.
                    I love DJ. But Herbie one year into a rookie contract is the most appealing aspect of this job.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                      Pretty much retired......
                      • Sep 2018
                      • JoJa
                      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I like Newsome Wood but he is a China doll so he is off my list. Missed games every college season. We don't need that.

I like all those safeties but I'll add Nasirildeen. He can play and I just doubt highly safety will be a first round pick so since i also think Moerhig is a reach at #13, we must address LT.

So in that group you posted, after Moerhig, I like Jamar Johnson....and I'd have Nasirildeen in there as well then we have two guys named Nas lol.

I also would love to have Joe Tryon.
                      Where do you see us taking Tryon? 47 or???

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Per the podcast,

CB
                        He chose Fangio and DEN.

S

LB, DL

Fabulous job, Wood-man!
                        Thanks for the podcast... very informative. Several mentions of players that are on my radar.
                        Nice to know that Adderly is a fit... some real nice safety players in mid/late rounds.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

Where do you see us taking Tryon? 47 or???
                          I have him ranked #40 and was waiting to see his proday. He had a solid Proday. Before that I was thinking #77 and maybe I had him a little high but now since to me he didn't do anything to lower his draft stock I'm thinking #47 if he is there. But that's me. Telesco and Staley may differ either way. They may also have a CB in mind.

Im just saying I'd love to have him. If it works out great, if not I'm sure we will still get a good player.

Comment

Working...
                          X