• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

In a way it’s supposed to be vague. Don’t expect to tag a traditional label on Staley’s D (ie. 4-3, 3-4, 4-6 etc.).

It’s all about shifting and disguising and flex positions.

Think of it this way.
    vague=ambiguous=hidden=disguised=deceptive =opponent’s QB panicking= turnovers=winning
    I think its all a smoke screen from Staley to shift and disguise his true draft intentions.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

That is impeccable math, and you are correct. DB5 seems to be becoming the new base.

Episode 1 Applause GIF by Friends
      I believe Bearded is
      MFIC himself.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Parcells
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

The more I think about it, if Slater doesn't make it to 13, I think a trade back makes sense. Depending how far back we go, we'd likely pick up some nice pieces. I'd love to see us walk away with Caleb Farley and one of the serviceable LTs. Imagine if we could use whatever we got in a trade back to then package with 47 to go get Jenkins/Darrisaw/Little/AVT plus Farley and then still have both our 3rd rounders.

The problem is, TT doesn't trade back, so I wonder if anybody even bothers to call to ask about a trade up.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Plug and play safe picks. Love these guys.

Slater - LT
          Sewell - LT
          Surtain - CB
          Horn - CB
          Paye - E
          Owusu-Koramoah - Ultra Utility

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
            Plug and play safe picks. Love these guys.

Slater - LT
            Sewell - LT
            Surtain - CB
            Horn - CB
            Paye - E
            Owusu-Koramoah - Ultra Utility
            Nice clusta, there, Fleet...imagine Paye and Bosa as our bookend EDGES...if we could do that and still trade back into round 1 for someone like Little or even Cosmi, I'd be happy...Horn would work also...guessing Staley will give CB a hard look @#13...

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2021
              • Send PM

Slater is what the new wave of left tackles should look like in the future with QB’s becoming more athletic playmakers. Instead of the 6-7 340lb monsters on an island (OBJ) they need to be as athletic as possible for their size, which is why I’m so high on Cosmi as a trade down option. Don’t need Herbert extending plays exposed in the open, his protection has to be more mobile and fluid.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
                Slater is what the new wave of left tackles should look like in the future with QB’s becoming more athletic playmakers. Instead of the 6-7 340lb monsters on an island (OBJ) they need to be as athletic as possible for their size, which is why I’m so high on Cosmi as a trade down option. Don’t need Herbert extending plays exposed in the open, his protection has to be more mobile and fluid.
                Thank you for that bit of insight.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

I agree but I would like more length with that athleticism, if not arm length, give me more height or overall wingspan. I think Cosmi has that over Slater and think he'll end up a better LT if Slayer stays there.
                  to your point though, I will add this
                  When plays inevitably break down, mobility at OT helps to make those second effort passrush moves and can lead to huge rushing lanes for Herbert.
                  Specifically for a big, long, mobile guy like Herbert, imagine having another mobile, athletic LT like Cosmi lead blocking for Herbert on a busted play
                  the defender better guess correctly because if not, it's like trying to tackle a power forward running away from you.
                  G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

So, footwork is important for an OT in the modern football age...which is why I'm still scratching my head over why the Bolts never let Lamp play LT, his natural position in college...and had the best footwork of any of our O-linemen last year...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

BAL does not fit your model at all.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2021
                        • Send PM

Just to follow up on idea marrying the QB to the LT (football purposes only) QB position has evolved into athletic distributors and every box Herbert checks. Height/weight, core strength, velocity, accuracy, ability to read and make progressions, toughness, leadership, footwork and foot speed. To take advantage of his tools, it will be even more important to stay ahead of defensive coordinator schemes with quick, coordinated blocking and blitz pick-up as now they have enough tape on Herbert. This newly created OL is just missing that blind side top athletic tackle, who can contain and separate various levels, increasing moving pocket area helping to keep Herbert clean as possible to extend play. One thing Herbert is way ahead of Trevor Lawerence is throwing people open, or anticipating windows.

Telesco has his work cut out for him. Would like to get both a top CB and LT. If he could find a trading partner who badly wants pick #13 and this is key, not too far away from 13 Chargers can still draft their LT (Cosmi) gain extra 3rd (gives Bolts 3) then trade back up late first with 2nd and that 3rd for a really top end corner Staley wants like Northwestern CB, Greg Newsome 6-0 192. Does everything well just a notch below the big three corners, Surtain, Horn and Farley. Kinda of the same thing as tackle class, drafting Cosmi (better fit) but lower graded than the big three LT’s, Sewell, Slater and Darrisaw. Really like this option. Address both of the big needs with immediate starters who are only going to develop into better football players, especially in this system.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Penei Sewell/Tristen Wirfs ?

There is no model, other than you gotta be good.

I am no draft Cosmi early fan,
                          as he duplicates Norton & Pipkins.

Instead go for one of the myriad OTs later. Value.

Comment

Working...
                          X