• Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Disagree.

There is no way Mills is a better option at QB for Pittsburgh than Rudolph. Mills.... That guy is like a 4th round talent. Way over hypes. It's not like ripped up the Oac 12 in his 11 measley starts.

Rudolph in his lone start last season looked much better than he did the season prior. Mills,... I'm kind of in disbelief in the high interest he is getting from pundits.
    First, I'm talking Bears. Second, I'll have whatever opinion I want on the guy....he has all the tools and his football IQ is great...his performance in college was hampered by injuries. He is the classic sleeper pick/gem. You don't like the guy, but I do.
    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Send PM

Lemme get this straight...

5 QBs + Sewell, Surtain, Parsons, Chase, Pitts, Slater, Horn, Moerig...that's 13 folks....we can have one of those Blue Chip non QBs....never mind other prospects like JOK, Waddle, Jaelan Phillips...

And people on here still think we should take a second tier tackle prospect, who took no official measurements but weight at his pro day, and has no athletic test numbers...TT is gonna spend our #13 on that question mark of a prospect?

Yea....:idby:

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

First, I'm talking Bears. Second, I'll have whatever opinion I want on the guy....he has all the tools and his football IQ is great...his performance in college was hampered by injuries. He is the classic sleeper pick/gem. You don't like the guy, but I do.
        I know you said the Bears, sorry, I was reacting there to the talk that Pittsburgh may be interested early.

​​​​​​I just think he is over hyped by pundits, didn't say I disliked him, I like him lower lol..... but,.... I wouldn't mind Denver taking an interest in round 2 as Elway gives his alumni interest to his new GM :shrug:
        Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-09-2021, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
          I know you said the Bears, sorry, I was reacting there to the talk that Pittsburgh may be interested early.

​​​​​​I just think he is over hyped by pundits, didn't say I disliked him, I like him lower lol..... but,.... I wouldn't mind Denver taking an interest in round 2 as Elway gives his alumni interest to his new GM :shrug:
          I don't know, man....not sure I want Denver to have him....I think in a couple of years, he might be a hell of a pro...but then again, he may be a Garappolo with weak knees and a propensity for injuries.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
            I hope the teams in front of us pick sexy skill players and push Slater, and God forbid Sewell, down to us somehow. This Tweet perfectly sums up how stupid the Bengals are if they pick Chase over Sewell or Slater.

It's a meme...you still believe in meme's, Jimmy ?

Meanwhile, Jay Morrison, Bengals writer for The Athletic, says Zac Taylor told him Jonah Williams is the OLT and Riley Reiff is the ORT. If the Bengals draft Sewell, they will play him at OG. imp:

Joe Burrow has sent his instructions to Mike Brown.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

It's a meme...you still believe in meme's, Jimmy ?

Meanwhile, Jay Morrison, Bengals writer for The Athletic, says Zac Taylor told him Jonah Williams is the OLT and Riley Reiff is the ORT. If the Bengals draft Sewell, they will play him at OG. imp:

Joe Burrow has sent his instructions to Mike Brown.
              And then Sewell will be an OT the following year when Reiff leaves. As Robert Mays stated in his analysis, WRs are rarely worth it over OTs, especially ones that can be an LT.
              https://theathletic.com/2506446/2021...lue-positions/

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                And then Sewell will be an OT the following year when Reiff leaves. As Robert Mays stated in his analysis, WRs are rarely worth it over OTs, especially ones that can be an LT.
                https://theathletic.com/2506446/2021...lue-positions/
                Mike Brown and Zac Taylor will do what Joe Burrow tells them to do,
                in spite of Robert Mays' stellar analysis.

Did you see the memo about this ?

Memos not memes.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Mike Brown and Zac Taylor will do what Joe Burrow tells them to do,
                  in spite of Robert Mays' stellar analysis.

Did you see the memo about this ?

Memos not memes.
                  And then Mike and Zac remind JB that Michael Jordan is still starting @ LG.
                  Don't forget, the Bengals had the FA money to get themselves a LG. It just seems mean to send JB to the LOS every play to see Michael Jordan in the corner of his eye.
                  Maybe Bengals are one of the many teams that believe that guys with sub-34 inch arms are OG's....
                  Joe Mixon is also on this team. I know who he'd pick... and it ain't Chase.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

And then Mike and Zac remind JB that Michael Jordan is still starting @ LG.
                    Don't forget, the Bengals had the FA money to get themselves a LG. It just seems mean to send JB to the LOS every play to see Michael Jordan in the corner of his eye.
                    Maybe Bengals are one of the many teams that believe that guys with sub-34 inch arms are OG's....
                    Joe Mixon is also on this team. I know who he'd pick... and it ain't Chase.
                    Mixon doesn't want to run vs eight in the box.

Chase demands double coverage.

Then there's Tyler Boyd and Tee Higgins.

BTW I am going by reports from Bengals writers, not instapundits.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                      Draftnik
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Did you know that among the top-300 eligible players in this draft there are more edge prospects from the ACC than the SEC, BIG12, PAC12, and BIG10...combined?

Go ahead boys, count em. Prove me wrong.

Now, if only there was a battle-tested, tried and TRUE LEFT TACKLE prospect from that conference. Someone who didn’t give up a single sack or QB hit in 2020...I know, I know, keep dreaming, right?

This ideal prospect would have 34.5” arms...Maybe +/-320 lbs, about 6’5ish. I’d prefer someone with a lot of game tape to evaluate—3 whole seasons will do. I want to see evidence of this player shutting down power rushers like Boogie Basham and speed rushers like Quincy Roche.

This player would not have an extensive injury history and fits perfectly within zone blocking schemes. Also he needs to be a dominant run blocker and have legit anchor, too. Someone who's humble yet ascending. Someone who’s shown progress and growth in each season while dominating the ACC.

Anyone know a guy like that???

Asking for a friend.
                      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Regarding the hole at OLT,
                        this is what Staley might just be saying.

First, he talks about 2022 and beyond. Then he talks about length at OT.

I believe the plan is to keep our eyes open in the draft, for value and players who fit our scheme. That might be early or it might be late.
                        ​​​​
                        We may draft another project to compete with Pipkins/Norton ("length") and see where they are in late summer. With all the OTs to be soon drafted, a vet OLT will trickle down surely via cuts, as well as late healing UFAs.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
                          Did you know that among the top-300 eligible players in this draft there are more edge prospects from the ACC than the SEC, BIG12, PAC12, and BIG10...combined?

Go ahead boys, count em. Prove me wrong.

Now, if only there was a battle-tested, tried and TRUE LEFT TACKLE prospect from that conference. Someone who didn’t give up a single sack or QB hit in 2020...I know, I know, keep dreaming, right?

This ideal prospect would have 34.5” arms...Maybe +/-320 lbs, about 6’5ish. I’d prefer someone with a lot of game tape to evaluate—3 whole seasons will do. I want to see evidence of this player shutting down power rushers like Boogie Basham and speed rushers like Quincy Roche.

This player would not have an extensive injury history and fits perfectly within zone blocking schemes. Also he needs to be a dominant run blocker and have legit anchor, too. Someone who's humble yet ascending. Someone who’s shown progress and growth in each season while dominating the ACC.

Anyone know a guy like that???

Asking for a friend.
                          Know your not talking about Christian Darrisaw :smh:

Comment

Working...
                          X