• Show
Clear All
  • Vaportrail
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    BOLTS JEOPARDY

The answer is 1994-1997. What is the question?
    “In what four consecutive years did the Chargers have no first round choices because those selections had been swapped for second round picks in the prior year?” Bobby Beathard was willing to pay a high interest rate for current year draft capital...

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Id bet that JohnBoy is his youth tried weed before. Hell i think most youngins have but understand there are those that havent.

I myself dont care for it. Tried it in my youth and again as recent as a few years ago to see if it would relieve my knee pain prior to my replacement surgery's. It didnt and i got the same result. I hated feeling high. It just dont agree with me.

I wouldnt hold it against anybody as long as they arent pot heads. I still think its better than drinking. Never seen a person high on weed get violent. But i think im logical and not a steadfast close minded person.

I wonder if JohnBoy has drinks when he goes out to dinner , team parties or friend gatherings and such. No difference imo.
      try a 65/35 or 50/50 blend of thca/cbda.... neither have been heated, and hence are non psychoactive
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

01) Jax * QB Trevor Lawrence * might not be enough to keep UM in the League for long
        02) Jets * QB Justin Fields * bust alert…. woulda, coulda, shoulda kept Sam (sound familiar
        03) SF * QB Zach Wilson * did SF trade up knowing that Jets would move Darnold
        04) Pats * QB Mac Jones * still like me some ham sandwich over this mac ‘n cheese
        05) Dallas * TE Kyle Pitts * Jerry’s Jones gets the best of him
        06) Miami * WR J’Marr Chase * this guy is destined for South Beach & Tagovailoa
        07) Lions * QB Trey Lance * better than Fields, Motown (and Anthony Ray) can thank their lucky stars
        08) WFT * OT Penei Sewell * they got a hole on the left side worth trading up for
        09) Denver * CB Caleb Farley * John turns the other cheek to the medical flags
        10) Cincy * WR Jaylen Waddle * Bengals bow out of the Sewell sweepstakes
        11) Giants * WR DeVonta Smith * questionable selection if the case, ‘specially w/Parsons still on board
        12) Philly * WR Kadarius Toney * or should Rondale be the selection ahead of a coupla few of these guys
        13) LAC * with Staley beating the drum for “value,” and Telesco successfully orchestrating the trade up for Murray on behalf of his HC last go ‘round, can we throw things into reverse and trade down ‘til the cows come home, and dig in on day two for as many picks as we can muster…. would we pass on the all of Surtain, Parsons, Slater, Teven, or…. can we find near equivalent talent on day two ?? !!
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2021
          • Send PM

Hell of a lot of work there beachcomber, nice job.

Think it would behoove all of us to focus on just a few specific needs with prospective players who can actually fill them. Cannot fill all roster holes in one draft, instead knock out 2 or 3 for sure, then add depth and contingency plans.

I'm afraid if an offer doesn't blow them away the Chargers will select they're LT #13, closest value to need in this situation is Christian Darrisaw. Would like a bump down and another quality pick but no way of knowing that now. Then a press cornerback and later slot/nickle. Versatile safety is always in play. Edge player, most likely stand up OLB. Throw in a TE and RB maybe another OT to develop and have some depth and that's about it. Pair that with free agency pre draft and free agency post draft and should seem some drastic changes to this roster.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
            Just gonna throw this out there.
            I've heard through well placed sources,
            that Travis Etienne likes brisket.
            try a 65/35 or 50/50 blend of thca/cbda.... neither have been heated, and hence are non psychoactive
            Somehow, these two quotes seem like twins... separated at birth... reunited here on TPB.

Comment

• DragonIce
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2021
              • Arizona
              • Send PM

I'd sure love to have 3 picks in the 16-34 range. (would willingly trade down, up, and around to make it happen) You could find a very good corner, tackle, and receiver (or perhaps draft's top RB #1) with 3 picks in that range.

This class is absolutely rich w/receivers and I'd love to see the team snag one. Remind me...How many good receivers did TB have?

Then I'd throw even more darts at OL/CB later.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2021
                • Send PM

Is there a way to post a poll that gives fans a chance to vote for what they would like to see the Chargers do with the 13th pick?

1. Trade Up to get Sewell/Slater

2. Stay put & take Darrisaw or Horn/Surtain

3. Trade down, target more system fits

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Somehow, these two quotes seem like twins... separated at birth... reunited here on TPB.
                  LOL.
                  There's a new poster named "Vaportrail" ( see post #5977, this page.)
                  And you point your finger at beach n Eye ?
                  What...does this guy fly fighter jets ?
                  Or maybe black helicopters ?
                  :lol:
                  Last edited by wu-dai clan; 04-10-2021, 10:25 AM.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Vaportrail View Post

“In what four consecutive years did the Chargers have no first round choices because those selections had been swapped for second round picks in the prior year?” Bobby Beathard was willing to pay a high interest rate for current year draft capital...
                    Welcome to TPB !
                    Good chops.
                    Good Chargers history lesson.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                      French Speaking Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Québec city
                      • Send PM

Is it a coincidence ?
                      No 1st rounder in 4 years and you go from 1st to last in the division.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Windsor, U.K.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
                        Did you know that among the top-300 eligible players in this draft there are more edge prospects from the ACC than the SEC, BIG12, PAC12, and BIG10...combined?

Go ahead boys, count em. Prove me wrong.

Now, if only there was a battle-tested, tried and TRUE LEFT TACKLE prospect from that conference. Someone who didn’t give up a single sack or QB hit in 2020...I know, I know, keep dreaming, right?

This ideal prospect would have 34.5” arms...Maybe +/-320 lbs, about 6’5ish. I’d prefer someone with a lot of game tape to evaluate—3 whole seasons will do. I want to see evidence of this player shutting down power rushers like Boogie Basham and speed rushers like Quincy Roche.

This player would not have an extensive injury history and fits perfectly within zone blocking schemes. Also he needs to be a dominant run blocker and have legit anchor, too. Someone who's humble yet ascending. Someone who’s shown progress and growth in each season while dominating the ACC.

Anyone know a guy like that???

Asking for a friend.
                        How did AVT do against Pac 12 rushers? Probably not as many studs in the Pac as in the ACC but still must have faced some real tests? And how'd he do?
                        Darrisaw and AVT are similar sized dudes, just wondering if there's much difference in their level of play at LT( obviously AVT can dominate at G as well)
                        If TT is going T or bust at 13 who's the better player?

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Correct, the question was what was the longest stretch of drafts the Chargers have gone without drafting in the first round? Interesting that the only year the Chargers picked in the first round from 1994 through 2000 was 1998 - Ryan Leaf.

Comment

Working...
                          X