• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Exactly! I am impressed by many on this board with their scouting takes, the film review when they embed slides or photos of plays. Its good detail
    How do you think i feel? lol This has always been my vision here. And when the CMB merged with us its not like most here were on the level they are now. Iron sharpens iron. Ive just sit back and watched the football IQ grow by leaps and bounds over the last 2 years. Couldn't be happier. This is the way it used to be at our original forum many years ago, I was writing scouting reports. Doing camp reports with Jay Posner at UCSD, Sitting with all the media guys. Getting to know them. Right around when McCoy took over things sort of just got quiet. Then the move to LA really gutted this forum. of draft chatty members.

I dont feel the need to post anymore. This is a well oiled machine now. When i say there are a bunch of Fleets here now....im referring to draft obsession. Obsession backed by work rate. Guys putting in the time to be smarter scout types. Watching film. Ive really tried to make it easy by installing so much draft intel in our navbar. Tools to help us be better at this.

TPB is amazing. I quickly pulled Wu and Ninja into my inner circle. Been in a PM with them for few years now. Ninja has taken over the Fleet draft roll. Constantly creating draft content and discussion. The only reason i went to the CMB to try and save the community there was because of Wu. These 2 are like honorary captains here for me.

Its not always fun for me here as im constantly fixing shit with the forum....but i dont mind now that there is active discussion.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Rich Gosselin and Joel Buschbaum.
      Joel was my ground zero for sure. I was obsessed with him, Back then PFW was the main source of draft news. Eventually became friends with the Cooney family of Draft Scout. Which was a natural transition from Joel. Started co writing articles with an old member we had here named Rob Curtis(RC) for Scout publications. We had a really robust draft group 20 years ago. He just vanished off the face of the earth. Steve has always been my top draft guy here. BUt both of us over the last few years have had to scale things back because of life/work.

You remember those early days man. The NFLF and TPB draft discussion has always been on fire. But the move...losing...just took its toll. Stoked we are back.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Buschbaum - another good one

If I remember him correctly - little skinny guy, looked like Buscemi - somewhat of a recluse. Not sure if he had an illness that kept him inside but he was a draftnik way before being a draftnik was a big deal.
        He had a Crohn's disease.

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
          Let me just say I'm glad football is exciting again. The last couple years before Herbert were pretty blah.
          I don’t know about you but I thought 2018 was pretty exciting.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Buschbaum was a Savant.

Looks like Tarzan-plays like Jane.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• eaterfan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

There's some agenda driven thinking going on.
              Don't anyone cherry pick facts.
              Darrisaw's likely to be the pick.
              ​​​​​​Further scrutiny is required.
              ​​​​​​Further skepticism is wise.

Here's a couple more injury "facts."
              ​​​​​​AVT was dinged up vs Thibodeaux.
              ​​​​​​Joe Burrow's big scar on his knee was courtesy of DT Jonathan Allen vs OG Fred Johnson.

The implications are that AVT @#13 Is not such a bad idea,
              and that CIN does not need Sewell so bad.
              It's definitely not agenda driven thinking. I was really down on Darrisaw and high on AVT early in the process and preferred AVT. But I let the facts and information that came in guide my decision making. The 32" arms are very worrisome to me on AVT because I don't think he has enough to overcome that. Darrisaw playing through an injury does help explain the inconsistency and even with the inconsistency, he was pretty good. I also don't think it's unreasonable to see that there's a difference between injuries that require immediate attention to get fixed and ones that can be put off until the offseason (see Kenneth Murray as an example).

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
                Whoa. That’s a lotta smoke. Seems like a tactical leak to counter the Sewell to Dolphins/Lions rumors.

But what if its actually true

That would be a first to leak the truth

EDIT: Broncos getting Bridgewater for a 6th. That should take them out of the QB option but it might put Slater in play. I think Broncos probably going Edge, Parsons, at 9.

Comment

• equivocation
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I don’t know about you but I thought 2018 was pretty exciting.
                  I had a newborn and an ill wife so that year may have skipped me.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

How do you think i feel? lol This has always been my vision here. And when the CMB merged with us its not like most here were on the level they are now. Iron sharpens iron. Ive just sit back and watched the football IQ grow by leaps and bounds over the last 2 years. Couldn't be happier. This is the way it used to be at our original forum many years ago, I was writing scouting reports. Doing camp reports with Jay Posner at UCSD, Sitting with all the media guys. Getting to know them. Right around when McCoy took over things sort of just got quiet. Then the move to LA really gutted this forum. of draft chatty members.

I dont feel the need to post anymore. This is a well oiled machine now. When i say there are a bunch of Fleets here now....im referring to draft obsession. Obsession backed by work rate. Guys putting in the time to be smarter scout types. Watching film. Ive really tried to make it easy by installing so much draft intel in our navbar. Tools to help us be better at this.

TPB is amazing. I quickly pulled Wu and Ninja into my inner circle. Been in a PM with them for few years now. Ninja has taken over the Fleet draft roll. Constantly creating draft content and discussion. The only reason i went to the CMB to try and save the community there was because of Wu. These 2 are like honorary captains here for me.

Its not always fun for me here as im constantly fixing shit with the forum....but i dont mind now that there is active discussion.
                    You have created a good forum - thanks for the efforts!

Comment

• eaterfan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Panthers trade Teddy Bridgewater to the Donkeys for a 6th round pick. I think this is good news for Slater dropping. Broncos will still probably go QB if their guy is there and Carolina has a little more space in their QB room, too.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

This has been the best draft season I have experienced personally,
                        going back to when my beloved Chargers drafted the late Leon Burns.

Props to the entirety of TPB.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

But what if its actually true

That would be a first to leak the truth

EDIT: Broncos getting Bridgewater for a 6th. That should take them out of the QB option but it might put Slater in play. I think Broncos probably going Edge, Parsons, at 9.
                          I agree with the current Von Miller decline/legal issue. Also having a defensive minded HC.

Comment

Working...
                          X