• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Even though MW has signed his 5th-year option, I believe the Chargers could get out from under his $15.6 million contract by cutting him in March (before draft).
    They could also save $11.5 million by cutting Trai Turner. That's $27 million in cap savings.

Market value on Thuney is around $13 million (according to Spotrac). The market value on OC Corey Linsley is $8.5 million. Chargers could rebuild their IOL. Question is... will those FA's be available...? The Patriots don't typically pay premium salaries to their OL players. The Packers are in cap hell and probably can't make a run at Linsley.
    I agree..... use MW's money to buy Vet OL starting help.... or a vet CB who can actually cover..... and ball hawk.....

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Daboll worked for Saban at Mich st and Belichick in NE. Hmmm.....
      Daboll worked for Saban as offensive coordinator at Alabama and won a national championship.

Daboll left the Tide because the staff was reticent about switching from an option QB in Hurts to a left-handed pure thrower in Tua. Brian was right, and he left.

But, he learned clock management the Crimson Tide-way from Saban. I've been watching his progression for about a couple years now, and it's time to move on Daboll as a head coaching candidate. Along with Dave Toub and Eric Bieneimy and Arthur Smith.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

I agree..... use MW's money to buy Vet OL starting help.... or a vet CB who can actually cover..... and ball hawk.....
        As much as I like MW toughness and catch radius, his price tag seems awfully high at this point when the offensive line needs to be the focus. Perhaps we keep him and he balls out, which I would absolutely love to see, but.. this is a tough one for me.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

I'd prefer Najee..... he is huge, powerful, fast and he can catch like a WR and can juke really well for a big RB and played against the best defenses in college football...... Sermon is quick but not as powerful and Ohio state RB's usually are better in college than the pros.....

I checked. RB Javonte Williams did not, in fact, kill a guy.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Fleeter, check it out, both Tom Telesco and Brian Daboll prepped at St. Francis in Athol Springs. They both possess the same agent.
            So you are saying TT will curse him? My thoughts as well. Are you the original Ghost? Have i asked that before? From the old forum days?

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

I was in the Toub camp myself years back. His specials teams were part of 2 SBs and consistently had lots of production. He did say he only wanted to go to a team as HC if it was the right situation AND a good QB. Not sure about the situation but Herbert is one large piece of bait.
              Absolutely.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I agree, the left side needs to be better. And I'm not sold on RG Trai Turner, either. Actually, the only OL that is safe is Bulaga... cap hit. TT should hire outside help since he can't seem to get it right at OL.

The Sewell Train left the station the moment we beat Atlanta.
                It was good to see Turners tenacity vs the Raiders. I feel like we lack that passion to protect our own. He was a beast.

I think lesser OL will get worked up for this QB. Better OL will kill for him.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

#NajeeHarris

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Gurley 2.0

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Hes like a mini Henry. Way more Athletic. And is 1K times better as a pass catcher. He may actually end up top 15. If a team used a 12-15 on Harris i wouldnt be shocked.

​​​​​​

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

So you are saying TT will curse him? My thoughts as well. Are you the original Ghost? Have i asked that before? From the old forum days?
                        It's me, been around these forums since 1997. I hope you and your family are healthy and well, friend.

Let me clarify, I want Telesco gone, gone, gone.

First option is to have John Spanos kicking himself upstairs and hire a new GM, one that can work with a head coach to make the picks, not work with John Spanos, being the priority as it is presently, in helping him make picks, like Andy Reid-Mike Veach dynamic in KC, or the Brandon Beane-Sean McDermott relationship in Buffalo.

That is the ideal dynamic, as I view it.

I like KC's Mike Borgonzi as new GM.

1. Eric Bieniemy 2. Brian Daboll 3. Arthur Smith for head coach, in that order.

Borgonzi.jpg

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                          Hes like a mini Henry. Way more Athletic. And is 1K times better as a pass catcher. He may actually end up top 15. If a team used a 12-15 on Harris i wouldnt be shocked.

​​​​​​
                          Najee Harris made a fortune tonight, did he?
                          Last edited by ghost; 12-19-2020, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X