• ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    Buschbaum was a Savant.

Looks like Tarzan-plays like Jane.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports...acter-2013265/

Joel Buschbaum was the Stephen Hawking of the NFL draft. And his best friend was Bill Belichick.

When Buchsbaum died in 2002, a memorial service was put together in his honor at the NFL scouting combine. Of the 150 people who attended, Hub Arkush said there were two NFL owners, seven head coaches, 12 general managers and 60 or so scouts.

The first person to speak was Bill Belichick who, unbeknownst to almost everyone, had developed a close alliance with Buchsbaum over the years.

“And in front of all these NFL luminaries Bill’s opening line was: ‘Joel Buchsbaum was my best friend,’ ” Hub Arkush said

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Here's your
      first COVID shot.
      Trying to prep
      your immune system
      for TT @#13.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• AK47
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I ruled him out ages ago.
        He doesn't put all his athleticism together to mount much of a pass rush.
        He was stout against the run though.
        Poor man's Melvin Ingram imho. MI almost had as much sacks in 1 college season than Kwity had in 3.5 seasons. MI was good against the run and good in space. He translated into a pro-bowl caliber OLB in the NFL despite having a compact frame. Mainly due to fluid hips and 2 decent pass rush moves (spin move, speed bull rush). Kwity is not as fluid and doesn't have 2 go-to pass rush moves. The 2 later could be coached but my point is MI was a better college prospect whom we got in the mid-1st round. Kwity is raw, athletic, with a small frame. MI was more polished, more athletic, similar frame, and had more production.
        Plus the REAL official Chargers requirement for 1st round defensive players: Can he do backflips? :stirpot:

Comment

• Fleet
          Fleet commented
          Editing a comment
          Pretty much my comp for him. Took Melvin a little seasoning to get up to speed in the NFL.
      • jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Here's your
        first COVID shot.
        Trying to prep
        your immune system
        for TT @#13.
        Hilarious

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Allbright's final Mock '21, from earlier today. He is damn good at this prediction game.

I think you'll like it !

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Allbright's final Mock '21, from earlier today. He is damn good at this prediction game.

I think you'll like it !
            What was the cost?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

What was the cost?
              It looks like Benjamin did not divulge that important detail.
              However, he does predict that Sewell will be on the board,
              as you can see,
              and that the Chargers and Panthers will strike up a deal.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

I think you'll like it !
                Herbert will

Comment

• AKFlyFisher
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2020
                  • Send PM

I don't quite get the idea of trading up for Sewell. This team has glaring holes all over. The team needs a huge influx of talent and speed. The team needs more picks, not less picks and Telesco has proven that without a myriad of picks -- just like any GM -- he gets less chances to make the right pick and thus the necessary talent influx is not there. But I could certainly see Telesco making this type of a bone-headed move. A smart GM in this draft positioned at 13, unless Surtain or Sewell fall, trades down several times down to 27 or so and obtains as many picks as possible. At 27, you could select Radunz or Jenkins, and end up way ahead overall for the team. I would imagine that 10 - 12 picks and Radunz is better than Sewell and minimal picks through this draft. But that is just my opinion. Then again, given Telesco's poor drafting, maybe him having more picks is a bad idea.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

It looks like Benjamin did not divulge that important detail.
                    However, he does predict that Sewell will be on the board,
                    as you can see,
                    and that the Chargers and Panthers will strike up a deal.
                    On paper you love it.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                      Fluent in Sarcasm
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Iowa
                      • Man of the People
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by AKFlyFisher View Post
                      I don't quite get the idea of trading up for Sewell. This team has glaring holes all over. The team needs a huge influx of talent and speed. The team needs more picks, not less picks and Telesco has proven that without a myriad of picks -- just like any GM -- he gets less chances to make the right pick and thus the necessary talent influx is not there. But I could certainly see Telesco making this type of a bone-headed move. A smart GM in this draft positioned at 13, unless Surtain or Sewell fall, trades down several times down to 27 or so and obtains as many picks as possible. At 27, you could select Radunz or Jenkins, and end up way ahead overall for the team. I would imagine that 10 - 12 picks and Radunz is better than Sewell and minimal picks through this draft. But that is just my opinion. Then again, given Telesco's poor drafting, maybe him having more picks is a bad idea.
                      In the last 5 years TT has a DROY, OROY, and a 1st team All-Pro as a rookie. I’ve got plenty of issues with TT but now he had performed recently in the 1st round isn’t on that list.

Comment

• equivocation
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2021
                        • Send PM

If you think he locks down the LT position for the next 10-15 years he's worth getting. If you think he isn't worth that probably should look at someone else anyway.

Chargers would have long term players at the three hardest positions to fill. You can do a lot with a roster at that point

Comment

Working...
                        X