• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

WTF are you gonna do with Myers? Don't tell me he can just play guard...we got our OC for the foreseeable future...Myers will likely be a day 2 pick, a waste for just depth. Trey Smith is a blood clot away from a derailed career. Like Ball as a developmental guy. Did you see how much weight Collins put on? He is gonna turn into an Edge guy only...don't see him playing off ball at 270+....

Nothing like some contrary, outside the box picks from the Beachcomber....keep em' coming, bro.:beer:
    LB.... put away the peashooter and no one gets hurt

so now you're calling lock, stock 'n barrel on Linsley, and fresh off your trifecta of Bulaga, Okung 'n Pouncey ??

and claiming Trey Smith ain't gonna see the field for blood clots ??

and you see Collins more an edge than ILB.... how much of that did he play in college again ??

don't like your odds on the above-mentioned presumptions, but hey.... fire away as you please/wish,
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
      Just going by roster composition we should be avergaing 1.5 OL and 2 DB a year in the long term. That's half the draft but half the starters.
      Throw in 1.5-2 APD of DLINE/EDGE prospects. Need depth here because all are rotational.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

so now you're calling lock, stock 'n barrel on Linsley, and fresh off your trifecta of Bulaga, Okung 'n Pouncey ?? Injury bug gotta miss us sometime, and Linsley has years left.

and claiming Trey Smith ain't gonna see the field for blood clots ?? Shortened career is my take.

and you see Collins more an edge than ILB.... how much of that did he play in college again ?? ILB at 270+? He will learn to play edge...or lose weight. Like him either way.

don't like your odds on the above-mentioned presumptions, but hey.... fire away as you please/wish,
        Months of the same old debates, draft finally getting near....it's "picking the flecks outta the flyshit" time....don't take it personal!!!:lol:
        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• MagicMamba88
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Send PM

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post
            Not a big Greeny fan but he is 100% correct.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• MagicMamba88
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Not a big Greeny fan but he is 100% correct.
              yea me neither lol.

don't care for ESPN really but yea he is correct

Comment

• equivocation
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2021
                • Send PM

There are four positions the Broncos are expected to draft in Round 1, each of which are roster needs. What is the relative hit rate throughout NFL draft history for those positions?

OT also has a hit rate of 73% in the 11-20 range.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

if Brown goes off the board day two, think he's over drafted.... every year there's a media darling that gets pushed up pundits boards, and just never really ends up meeting expectations.

if we can get past Josh Ball's character flaws, would much prefer to take my chances there.
                  Are you really labeling Spencer Brown
                  as a media darling ?

As far as a judgement call goes,
                  we just had the ugly Chad Wheeler incident,
                  and I would not be surprised if Josh Ball is "do not draft" on the Chargers big board.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• equivocation
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2021
                    • Send PM

OTs climb the board every year. Eventually you have to bite the bullet and take one when he's there. Just don't miss. OL can last. Steelers put top 4 picks over 2 years into OL and then focused elsewhere for a decade.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

so now you're calling lock, stock 'n barrel on Linsley, and fresh off your trifecta of Bulaga, Okung 'n Pouncey ??

and claiming Trey Smith ain't gonna see the field for blood clots ??

and you see Collins more an edge than ILB.... how much of that did he play in college again ??

I don't know what kind of feedback Collins has been getting but bulking up to 270+ lbs tell's me he is looking to play Edge or had been told that's what he is seen as.

Just don't think ILB is a priority for us. I don't see it at all.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
                        How many here think Walker Little will be OTB @#47?
                        If he's gone, it won't be many picks before #47.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                          OTs climb the board every year. Eventually you have to bite the bullet and take one when he's there. Just don't miss. OL can last. Steelers put top 4 picks over 2 years into OL and then focused elsewhere for a decade.
                          Right.

And it is almost time to make the crucial judgement calls on the 2021 Olinemen.

The Chargers might have drafted Ronnie Stanley instead of Joey Bosa.

They might have drafted Tristen Wirfs instead of Justin Herbert.

I would focus on Joe Lombardi's old team, the Saints over the Steelers for our working model.

I am seeing a lot of pseudo science statistical analysis about offensive line.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X