Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Yeah, those were his 2 worst games from 2020.

That’s why I wanna know exactly when his injury occurred. If it was bothering him during those games then he gets a pass. If the injury occurred sometime after those games then we have a problem.

And BTW I wouldn’t undersell Liberty. They were a top 25 squad last year. And Duke had 2 NFL caliber edge rushers.
    TE and CB (injury concerns) as well.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• equivocation
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2021
      • Send PM

Roanoke times article quotes EXOS trainers as "throughout the season". Latest possible date was Miami, week after Liberty. I can't find articles from before the Pitt game referencing it.

If a guy is laboring I usually default to "something is wrong" not "he's lazy". Dunno, hell of a thing to call a man who plays in the trenches.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
        Roanoke times article quotes EXOS trainers as "throughout the season". Latest possible date was Miami, week after Liberty. I can't find articles from before the Pitt game referencing it.

If a guy is laboring I usually default to "something is wrong" not "he's lazy". Dunno, hell of a thing to call a man who plays in the trenches.
        Gonna rewatch Darrisaw’s game vs Clemson right now. Will report back.
        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

I heard he is dropping due to medical..... he has injuries....

Comment

• Bolt Dude
            Draftnik
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

I heard he is dropping due to medical..... he has injuries....
            Injury, singular.

What’s your source on this information?

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

So Christian Darrisaw played hurt. An admirable trait. Pemex Sewell did not play at all. Hmmm

Comment

• Panamamike
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Yup. I agree. Playing through an injury like that flips the script on Darrisaw’s “doesn’t play with heart” narrative. He’s still my OT3, but I feel more comfortable now, too.
                Agreed. Show me a player that has never had an injury and I'll show you a player that's never seen the field. It's how you play when you're not full strength that shows your leadership and what you are made of. . He did not allow even a quarterback hit last year. While I think AVT will be a tremendous guard in the NFL it is definitely a first round talent, people try to cover for the fact he got destroyed by the only quality Edge rusher he saw last season because he was injured. Darrisaw played against the conference with the deepest set of edge rushers in college football and didn't allow a hit while playing through a major injury. Yet people question his desire, heart, and say he is lazy. It's complete nonsense.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                  Draftnik
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

So Darrisaw played really well against Clemson, which was the game after the one he sat out.

On VT’s 2nd possession, he annihilated a DT on the 5 yd line, paving the way for a walk in TD run. 202 total rushing yards by VT, mostly through his hole.

At 10 min in the 4th quarter he re-aggravated the groin injury and didn’t finish the game. It looked painful. But before then he played flawlessly in both pass pro and run game.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

I never believed the lazy slander. He’s my guy, he could end up better than Sewell and his alligator arms. He’s definitely sponge worthy. I think it will be easier to find a starting CB in Rd2, but its a guess.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

side note: My guy last year was Justin Herbert. I called it loud and often before the draft, like really on a few others here. I just saw it - he has the complete toolset to be elite: brains, athletic, mobile (enough) and the best pro arm of the top 3. I was elated MIA went for what they thought was the shiny Bama bauble.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• equivocation
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2021
                        • Send PM

Darrisaw also spent the winter and spring doing football stuff at EXOS in Pensacola. Paid like $40k out of pocket (well, borrowed from agents). That's not something lazy people do even with money on the line. There's a couple guys I can think of who seemed to be doing not football stuff this winter.

Comment

• equivocation
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2021
                          • Send PM

So Darrisaw played really well against Clemson, which was the game after the one he sat out.

On VT’s 2nd possession, he annihilated a DT on the 5 yd line, paving the way for a walk in TD run. 202 total rushing yards by VT, mostly through his hole.

At 10 min in the 4th quarter he re-aggravated the groin injury and didn’t finish the game. It looked painful. But before then he played flawlessly in both pass pro and run game.
                          First play from scrimmage he knocks 2 guys on their ass with 1 block on a screen.

Second play from scrimmage he turns around and watches the RB instead of hitting the guy in front if him.

He can be really frustrating.

Comment

Working...
                          X