• Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

^This or trade down.
    Telesco has been very pragmatic this offseason in terms of players identified and cap space used. Fixing OL, Special Teams, adding Edge, QB, TE.

The Chargers at this point are probably going to push - maybe 5-6m of cap space into 2022 (maybe more) - I think they might sign one more FA post draft who will cost a few million

So I am not sure Telesco goes all in on Sewell. Do your homework - truly how much better is Sewell than other tackles. Some analysts, Jeremiah, thinks Slater and Sewell are close. Any GM can trade up - but the good GMs do their homework and identify MANY players who can help their team. There will be multiple good NFL Left Tackles from this draft - and thats what hte Chargers need a good NFL Left Tackle because they also need CB1, S, TE another IOL. Thats five picks right there.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Telesco has been very pragmatic this offseason in terms of players identified and cap space used. Fixing OL, Special Teams, adding Edge, QB, TE.

The Chargers at this point are probably going to push - maybe 5-6m of cap space into 2022 (maybe more) - I think they might sign one more FA post draft who will cost a few million

So I am not sure Telesco goes all in on Sewell. Do your homework - truly how much better is Sewell than other tackles. Some analysts, Jeremiah, thinks Slater and Sewell are close. Any GM can trade up - but the good GMs do their homework and identify MANY players who can help their team. There will be multiple good NFL Left Tackles from this draft - and thats what hte Chargers need a good NFL Left Tackle because they also need CB1, S, TE another IOL. Thats five picks right there.
      Good point. So if Sewell is an A+, Slater is an A, Darrishaw is an A-, and Jenkins and AVT are both B+, I think a B+ OT is a big improvement over Tevi and Pip at around a C- at best...

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

The comp for no OT in round 1 is Justin on the DL in a cast.........

Just sayin........
        He survived Tevi.

Comment

• Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

You can try to equate it how ever you want but TB12 has 7 SB victories.
          Brady was on 7 teams that won Super Bowls. Teams win Super Bowls.

Being on a Super Bowl winning team literally says nothing about how good or bad an individual players is.

Look at Brady's passer ratings for the first three seasons of Patriot Super Bowl wins with him at QB. In all of them, he was above average, but by no means great. He was not a top 10 QB when the Patriots won in 2018. He was not a top 15 QB in 2019 when the Patriots went one and done in 2019. Brady was 9th in passer rating in 2020 with a loaded roster--good, but not great.

The Patriots were set up for a down transition season in 2020 all along, which was acknowledged by Belichick. This was made worse by players opting out last season and Newton being only a shell of himself. Even if you ignore the downgrading of the roster by the Patriots at positions other than QB and ignore the massive upgrades at other positions by Tampa Bay, Brady is not somehow great because he managed to be better than the 30 INT 2019 version of Winston or because the horrible 2020 version of Newton was not as good as Brady was in 2019. Brady could easily be better than them and not be great before you even reach the issues at other positions.

So my point is that those who say that 2020 somehow proved that the reason for the success of the Patriots over the years was really Brady and not Belichick are guilty of some very poor analysis.

To be clear, I believe Brady deserves to be the Hall of Fame based upon his overall numbers. However, he is consistently overrated by many people as people are guilty of equating being on a Super Bowl winning team with individual greatness when a team win does not necessarily have anything to do with the individual's performance. Bradshaw was on more Super Bowl winning teams than every QB except Brady and Joe Montana (with whom he is tied), yet Bradshaw may not even be a top 50 QB of all time. And, of course, QBs like Jim Plunkett and Eli Manning, who were on multiple Super Bowl winning teams, were no better than average QBs at best.

Now, back to the draft....

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2021
            • Send PM

AVT seems to be climbing higher than his counterparts closer the draft gets. Mostly from what is reported inside team sources. Only reason I could think of, no idea if Chargers would be part of that cluster? But he could play a bigger role in the pick than I have given him credit for. Could he wind up being the best tackle of this class when all said and done?

Comment

• Silversurfer
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Los Angeles
              • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
              AVT seems to be climbing higher than his counterparts closer the draft gets. Mostly from what is reported inside team sources. Only reason I could think of, no idea if Chargers would be part of that cluster? But he could play a bigger role in the pick than I have given him credit for. Could he wind up being the best tackle of this class when all said and done?
              I thought hes suited most as a guard that can sometimes play LT?

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Very doubtful.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I wonder how much that would cost.
                  next year's first, and....

for all the guys that want to trade up, half of 'em traded away our next year's pick last year, so they wouldn't even have a chance @trading up in the first this year....
                  5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Brady was on 7 teams that won Super Bowls. Teams win Super Bowls.

Being on a Super Bowl winning team literally says nothing about how good or bad an individual players is.

Look at Brady's passer ratings for the first three seasons of Patriot Super Bowl wins with him at QB. In all of them, he was above average, but by no means great. He was not a top 10 QB when the Patriots won in 2018. He was not a top 15 QB in 2019 when the Patriots went one and done in 2019. Brady was 9th in passer rating in 2020 with a loaded roster--good, but not great.

The Patriots were set up for a down transition season in 2020 all along, which was acknowledged by Belichick. This was made worse by players opting out last season and Newton being only a shell of himself. Even if you ignore the downgrading of the roster by the Patriots at positions other than QB and ignore the massive upgrades at other positions by Tampa Bay, Brady is not somehow great because he managed to be better than the 30 INT 2019 version of Winston or because the horrible 2020 version of Newton was not as good as Brady was in 2019. Brady could easily be better than them and not be great before you even reach the issues at other positions.

So my point is that those who say that 2020 somehow proved that the reason for the success of the Patriots over the years was really Brady and not Belichick are guilty of some very poor analysis.

To be clear, I believe Brady deserves to be the Hall of Fame based upon his overall numbers. However, he is consistently overrated by many people as people are guilty of equating being on a Super Bowl winning team with individual greatness when a team win does not necessarily have anything to do with the individual's performance. Bradshaw was on more Super Bowl winning teams than every QB except Brady and Joe Montana (with whom he is tied), yet Bradshaw may not even be a top 50 QB of all time. And, of course, QBs like Jim Plunkett and Eli Manning, who were on multiple Super Bowl winning teams, were no better than average QBs at best.

Now, back to the draft....
                    Like Jordan was on 6 Championship teams.
                    Yes supporting parts but no doubt who the star is.
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• Panamamike
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

best tackle? What are you guys smoking? The only quality pass rusher he played against last year abused the hell out of him. I think he'll be a fantastic guard but I believe he has no business playing out in the edge.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                        Pretty much retired......
                        • Sep 2018
                        • JoJa
                        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

next year's first, and....

for all the guys that want to trade up, half of 'em traded away our next year's pick last year, so they wouldn't even have a chance @trading up in the first this year....
                        For Tua............

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Things are getting a little chippy here. Please try not to disagree with personal attacks etc. There is no need to question someones intellect. Ask them what drugs they are on etc. Lets try and disagree with a little fucking respect. I sat up here until 3AM trying to fix this forum and im frustrated today. Im tired. And probably a little intolerant of guys acting like assholes. I dont ask for much here. But i will rip an asshole this coming week leading up to the draft if im forced to.

Cool the jets a little guys. This is just an overall assessment i have noticed over the last couple weeks. Its expected and i totally get it. This is a big deal for us. But we are all brothers and sisters fighting the same fight. So please lets try and respect each other a little bit.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                          X