Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Darrisaw Kool-aid flowing up in here...

I could argue till I'm blue in the face, but some people won't be happy unless we pick a LT at 13, and have this kid shoe horned in the slot...

I'm not the least bit worried that we pick him, so I rest my case.
    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post

That was certainly a turn off for me earlier, but then I saw some film of him really finishing plays off and I noticed how strong he seems too to go along with his size, which doesn’t always work out that way. He looks huge, but very well proportioned.

The more tape I watch of him, the more impressed I have become!
      Strong....no doesn’t have much drive power.
      Excellent movement skills yes.
      Inconsistent technique yes but very coachable.
      Lazy far too often. Once he loses contact with his initial assignments the play is over for him. He never continues to work. His Oline teammates will run past him at times to try and get involved but not Christian. Talent is obvious but does he the heart to grind and compete vs the best?
      Watch the game vs UNC..........

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

That was certainly a turn off for me earlier, but then I saw some film of him really finishing plays off and I noticed how strong he seems too to go along with his size, which doesn’t always work out that way. He looks huge, but very well proportioned.

The issue to me is what will he do when he gets paid? Will he take more plays off? That's happened.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Lazy far too often. Once he loses contact with his initial assignments the play is over for him. He never continues to work. His Oline teammates will run past him at times to try and get involved but not Christian. Talent is obvious but does he the heart to grind and compete vs the best?

Thank you for sharing! I see where you are coming from now. I heard those complaints before to a smaller degree. There were some plays where he got displaced by much smaller defenders also. Like you had mentioned, and with his team being down big, there wasn’t much fire there at all it seemed. And I also saw where far too often his teammates would show more urgency with down field blocks.

Hmm.. Can’t argue with you about those concerns. The part that bothers me mostly is how bad his team was getting beat and you would not even have known it by his play alone.

It is hard to know where his head was at?? Is that even something that can be coached up?? There should be some things that are innate I would imagine, right, but..

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Exactly, and that's what I see. Now sometimes he sticks with a play but more so.... He doesn't.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Thank you for sharing! I see where you are coming from now. I heard those complaints before to a smaller degree. There were some plays where he got displaced by much smaller defenders also. Like you had mentioned, and with his team being down big, there wasn’t much fire there at all it seemed. And I also saw where far too often his teammates would show more urgency with down field blocks.

Hmm.. Can’t argue with you about those concerns. The part that bothers me mostly is how bad his team was getting beat and you would not even have known it by his play alone.

It is hard to know where his head was at?? Is that even something that can be coached up?? There should be some things that are innate I would imagine, right, but..
              Not being able to talk to/interview these guys definitely leaves a hole in their profile.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

I never got over it.

No, lack of motivation/effort is not a correctable issue.

Comment

• Berserker76
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I never got over it.

Agree, if you have to coach up motivation, especially for a rookie, then you have a serious problem.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

I never got over it.

Talk to his coaches, see what’s he like.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

I never got over it.

I think it’s a leap to say definitely this is the psychological root of what we’re seeing in his play, for all we know CD could simply be seeing the play as over and that is very coachable.
                      Like formula21 says, talk to his coaches (and personal interview) for a better idea.
                      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I think it’s a leap to say definitely this is the psychological root of what we’re seeing in his play, for all we know CD could simply be seeing the play as over and that is very coachable.
                        Like formula21 says, talk to his coaches (and personal interview) for a better idea.
                        I agree. TT has been very good for the most part about checking character background and accessing from there, so I would be good with TT drafting Darrisaw because of that. The OL has been dismal at best over the last several years and there are multiple players that are UFA, so there should be no reason the OL is not the focus this year, along with CB.

32. LOS ANGELES CHARGERS
                        The Chargers’ offensive line has been among the worst in the NFL for several years now, but they were supposed to be better this season after adding veterans Trai Turner and Bryan Bulaga to the right side of the line. At least, they were supposed to be better in theory — that’s not what played out on the field.

Turner and Bulaga both battled through injury-shortened seasons and weren’t effective when they were on the field, either. Bulaga’s 61.6 overall grade ranked 29th at the right tackle position, and Turner came in as the lowest-graded right guard in the entire league by a wide margin (34.8). Those were the veterans who were supposed to raise the floor of what was otherwise a bad unit coming into the year, which made the lack of production from those two players hurt all the more.

Storm Norton came out of the year as Los Angeles’ highest-graded offensive lineman at 65.1 overall. In other words, the offensive line is once again a need for the Chargers.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

I never got over it.

A guy like AVT - Jeremiah is pretty high on him. Telesco just needs a solid pick - don't swing for the grand slam and hope. Take a more sure thing for the OL. Maybe lower ceiling but higher floor. Get a couple guys like that: AVT, Eichenberg, Creed, Wyatt Davis...

Comment

Working...
                          X