• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

His tape says lazy. Just because he is talented dont mean he has drive. You will see him take plays off. Have you watched his tape or just read pundits takes like the one you posted?

I don't want potential - I just want good solid dirtworker big uglies on the Oline that work well together and are a helluva lot better than the last 10 years

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Pipkins was a high ceiling player,
      Watt and Tuerk - not sure what they were.
      Tevi was a late rounder
      Fluker was his first pick but I think that was need. Not that OT is not need. And DJ has had a nice career

So when I see names like Creed or Wyatt in the second round, Tucker in the 1st - just seem like good solid - as you said, foundational pieces to the OL. I am not sure Hardwick or Goff ever made pro bowls - but they were good solid NFL players. Telesco has tried - but he has to do a better job. Maybe input from STaley, Lombardi , Smith will give better insight than the past

I was listening to a podcast that Popper had with some guy from PFF about the offseason and he mentioned how Lynn "LOVED" Kelley - he was Lynns guy. We also know Lynn loved Murray. So maybe Staley will give similar input to Telesco
      Those are very good examples of players that had high floors, if not very high ceilings along the OL!! They had very productive careers and were quite valuable to the Chargers over a fairly long period of time with Hardwick in particular.

At center, Hardwick may have been somewhat undersized, but he was a solid, underrated, important, and very well appreciated professional that I am sure Philip Rivers will attest to as well.

Comment

• eaterfan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post

Those are very good examples of players that had high floors, if not very high ceilings along the OL!! They had very productive careers and were quite valuable to the Chargers over a fairly long period of time with Hardwick in particular.

At center, Hardwick may have been somewhat undersized, but he was a solid, underrated, important, and very well appreciated professional that I am sure Philip Rivers will attest to as well.
        I think Fluker was an example of a high floor guy. He was big with a mean streak who at the very least should have been a capable guard. Marcus McNiel was a high ceiling guy who had a low floor because of his back injury.

But the guys mentioned were all pretty low picks. In the first and second rounds I'd like to go with a more high ceiling guy and take my chances at a HR. At least if he only reaches 70% of potential it's still a starter. Even the high floor guys like Fluker go bust sometimes.

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Gonna fling a new outlier mock at ya soon.

There will be Olinemen who take a swig of molten lava to start their days.
          I look forward to this!
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Im not concerned at all about Littles knee. Isnt like he has multiple season ending injuries like Dickerson. And it will be nearly two years since his surgery when TC starts so not concerned about him at all. Its his only injury that i know of.

Scherff has a injury history and misses a lot of games so id rule him out with what his salary will be.
            Someone who gets it! My brother!

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
              Darrisaw came out of high school as a 3 star and started immediately in a power 5 school. He improved every year. I’m not sure what part of that says lazy.
              Watch him play. It is that simple.

I don’t think anyone is questioning his talent/potential. He isn’t a worker on the field. He is lazy and doesn’t look for work. It is consistent every year. That is very concerning to me. Probably the reason he was a 3-Star recruit instead of a 5-Star!

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

Herbert had a season ending injury his Sophomore year. Sure glad his injury history didn’t prevent us from drafting him. It’s a violent sport, guys are always going to get hurt. Obviously some have more of an issue staying healthy than others but I don’t think a single major injury is as concerning as a multitude of injuries even if they aren’t season ending.
                Also had a broken femur his Junior year of H.S.

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Level of importance:
                  knee > collarbone
                  Broken femur?

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
                    I think Little can be had in the second round. It's 15 months since his ACL injury, he's a bit of a forgotten man and I think he's the best offensive tackle in this draft. Ideally we trade down in the first round so we can pick up two offensive linemen of quality. I like the corner out of Kentucky in.rd 3. I also like a late round Edge player. I think the kid out of Duke is very undervalued. I think the edge position has a lot of depth in this draft. I think we need two of them
                    I love it.

For me it’s Sewell #1 and Little #6 overall. I don’t think the professional scouts/player personnel guys have forgotten about Walker. Little @#13

Kelvin Joseph is an excellent CB. In the late 2nd/3rd round is right where he’ll go.

Which Duke Edge.....Dimukeje or Rumph II?

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Watch him play. It is that simple.

I don’t think anyone is questioning his talent/potential. He isn’t a worker on the field. He is lazy and doesn’t look for work. It is consistent every year. That is very concerning to me. Probably the reason he was a 3-Star recruit instead of a 5-Star!
                      With respect to Darrisaw, draft analyst Joe Marino (The Draft Network) states,

Competitive Toughness: Darrisaw’s motor never stops. He is constantly looking for work and is supremely aggressive competing down the field to his blocks in space. I love his enthusiasm when he has an advantageous angle to widen rush lanes and take his opponent for a ride. There’s no doubt he executes with an edge.

Marino then goes on to use Jake Matthews as a player comparison for Darrisaw.

It seems like he is seeing the opposite of what you are seeing.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

I think Fluker was an example of a high floor guy. He was big with a mean streak who at the very least should have been a capable guard. Marcus McNiel was a high ceiling guy who had a low floor because of his back injury.

But the guys mentioned were all pretty low picks. In the first and second rounds I'd like to go with a more high ceiling guy and take my chances at a HR. At least if he only reaches 70% of potential it's still a starter. Even the high floor guys like Fluker go bust sometimes.
                        The thing with Fluker is that there were concerns about him staying at tackle and he had never played guard, so I would have considered Fluker more of a risk versus a player that is more likely to stay at their respective positions for which they were drafted.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

With respect to Darrisaw, draft analyst Joe Marino (The Draft Network) states,

Competitive Toughness: Darrisaw’s motor never stops. He is constantly looking for work and is supremely aggressive competing down the field to his blocks in space. I love his enthusiasm when he has an advantageous angle to widen rush lanes and take his opponent for a ride. There’s no doubt he executes with an edge.

Marino then goes on to use Jake Matthews as a player comparison for Darrisaw.

It seems like he is seeing the opposite of what you are seeing.
                          Just another positive cookie cutter review loaded with catch phrases these amatuer pundits copy off one another, early on, until they catch up with their own film work...if they ever do catch up.

Several weeks ago, myself and a few others on here noticed Darrisaw's flaws, because we watched multiple games...fast forward to now, and you start to see some pundits noting the questions about the consistency of his on field effort...because they are catching up on their film work...

I don't blame the pundits for these early reviews on prospects, they got hundreds of prospects to review, and it takes time...but I don't fully trust them anymore, either....especially early on, when they all sound alike. So....enter youtube....where I can gather my own impressions of a prospect. Try it out.

Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X