• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CivilBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post
    This is getting interesting, which might further impact the available players for the Chargers at #13. Here is Chris Simms's ranking of 2021 QB in this year's draft:
    1. Zack Wilson
    2.Trevor Lawrence
    3. Mac Jones
    4. Kellen Mound
    5. Justin Fields
    6. Trey Lance

I am starting to hear plenty of legit talk of Wilson being every bit as talented as Lawrence, which has surprised me, but has gotten my attention. Chris Simms is one of the few analysts I came across last year who was very high on Herbert and not so much with Tua. He has Kellen Mound as a high 1st round talent also.
    I watched Trevor Lawrence’s proday and wasn’t blown away. He missed a couple of easy passes in the endzone. Maybe it was a combination of nerve and non-throwing arm injury. Also he looked skinnier than JH coming out of college.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post
      This is getting interesting, which might further impact the available players for the Chargers at #13. Here is Chris Simms's ranking of 2021 QB in this year's draft:
      1. Zack Wilson
      2.Trevor Lawrence
      3. Mac Jones
      4. Kellen Mound
      5. Justin Fields
      6. Trey Lance

I am starting to hear plenty of legit talk of Wilson being every bit as talented as Lawrence, which has surprised me, but has gotten my attention. Chris Simms is one of the few analysts I came across last year who was very high on Herbert and not so much with Tua. He has Kellen Mound as a high 1st round talent also.
      Lawrence will go #1. Some analysts are overthinking it. Feels like the Luck vs RGIII debate in the 2012 draft. And I was higher on Herbert than Tua last year, but wanted Burrows most of all.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Lawrence will go #1. Some analysts are overthinking it. Feels like the Luck vs RGIII debate in the 2012 draft. And I was higher on Herbert than Tua last year, but wanted Burrows most of all.
        Same, i didnt want Tua at #6. It was mostly for injury concerns but i wasnt real high on him and thought he benefitted from a stacked offensive group.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

I wanted Isiah Simmons and either Jordan Love or Jalen Hurts
          yes, to quote Red Forman - "I was a dumbass"

Comment

• Bolt Dude
            Draftnik
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Same, i didnt want Tua at #6. It was mostly for injury concerns but i wasnt real high on him and thought he benefitted from a stacked offensive group.
            I never understood the intrigue of Tua. Liked JH better but, admittedly, wanted one of the OTs in last year’s draft. Specifically Wirfs. Glad to be wrong about Herbert tho.

I like Lawrence in this year’s draft, but I think the rest are overrated. I think Burrow and Herbert’s success has made every QB-needy team extra horny for a QB on a rookie deal.
            Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• CivilBolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

I never understood the intrigue of Tua. Liked JH better but, admittedly, wanted one of the OTs in last year’s draft. Specifically Wirfs. Glad to be wrong about Herbert tho.

I like Lawrence in this year’s draft, but I think the rest are overrated. I think Burrow and Herbert’s success has made every QB-needy team extra horny for a QB on a rookie deal.
              ^^^ I like how you described the QB-needy team. Haha

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Well I WAS enjoying my Sprite, until you made me squirt it out my nose! Haha
                Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2021
                  • Send PM

This boards accountability for their own draft miscues should be the envy for every JAG who’s ever been actual NFL GM. Props to all!

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Not me...Since burrows was gonna go #1 and we had no QB I was Herbert all the way. I was fearful we we're gonna get stuck with Tua. When Herbert Signs his $30 mil contract and the Nike money starts flowing in I'm ready to join his Entourage. LOL!

:cheers:
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Not me...Since burrows was gonna go #1 and we had no QB I was Herbert all the way. I was fearful we we're gonna get stuck with Tua. When Herbert Signs his $30 mil contract and the Nike money starts flowing in I'm ready to join his Entourage. LOL!

:cheers:
                      Herbert is the chosen one
                      he's already setting up his finances to be able to negotiate good but not cap-wreaking contracts
                      kid has his eye on greatness we mere fans dare not dream of
                      Prophecy foretold of a brain attached to a golden arm with intent to become the next...

GOAT
                      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• MagicMamba88
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Send PM

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

You are absolutely correct, but it isn't our problem anymore...and in fact helps us. Here's to overreaching QB frenzy in the 2021 draft!:Cheers1:
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X