• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TexanBeerlover
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2021
    • Send PM

If the obvious, as stated above transpires, just take BPA, AVG. Guarantee your franchise a plug and play, versatile offensive linemen, say thank you very much and move on. I’m really more intrigued who will be there in the 2nd. defensively? Could see a trade up to address CB, OLB or DL. So much depends on free agency, the right acquisitions are coming I believe to supplement the OL, Secondary and Pass Rush.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
      If the obvious, as stated above transpires, just take BPA, AVG. Guarantee your franchise a plug and play, versatile offensive linemen, say thank you very much and move on. I’m really more intrigued who will be there in the 2nd. defensively? Could see a trade up to address CB, OLB or DL. So much depends on free agency, the right acquisitions are coming I believe to supplement the OL, Secondary and Pass Rush.
      The good thing about AVT is that he might be able to play LG this year but transition to RT at some point. Who knows, maybe he will be your LT this year and if Pip comes long, he might be RT in after Bulaga. I still think at 13 you cannot reach to just take a need like OL but a versatile guy that will be on your OL in some fashion, even at OG (looks at Zach Martin - starter from Day 1) - thats a good draft pick.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

I’ll start by saying that I think Pitts will be a fine player if he stays healthy and works hard, possibly a great player. I’d be thrilled to have him on the team. Comments below in bold.

Originally posted by Classic View Post

First of it's twitter.

So? Why does that matter?

Second almost every athlete believes in themselves more than every one else.

Believing in yourself is one thing, but projecting it to the world before playing a single NFL snap shows the opposite. If you have unshakable confidence in your ability then why the need to sell everyone else? Can you imagine a universe in which Herbert tweeted that comment?

Would you have preferred I'll be 234th best T.E to ever play?

No. I would’ve preferred “I’m going to work my ass of to make whoever drafts me happy they did. I want to prove they made the right decision and help make the team a contender.”
        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

First of it's twitter. Second almost every athlete believes in themselves more than every one else. Would you have preferred I'll be 234th best T.E to ever play?

Being a diva is having your dad say you aren't playing for a entire organization before you take a snap. Actually niw that I think about it thats being a Elisha.
          Okay, HERE'S a good Diva quote for you from AB: "DON'T TOUCH ME--I'M THE FRANCHISE!!!"

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
            Fluent in Sarcasm
            • Jun 2013
            • Iowa
            • Man of the People
            • Send PM

Since when is a kid saying he’s going to be the best news? They almost all say it at some point in the draft process, they’re trying to sell themselves. I know it’s the slow season but let’s not pretend saying he’s going to be the best in any way has an effect on his draft status.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by JupiterBolt View Post

I remember a similar quote from Geno Smith!
              LOL...yep, how'd that work out for Geno?

Comment

• CivilBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by JupiterBolt View Post

I remember a similar quote from Geno Smith!
                He is still in the league but a backup qb for SEA. He should have said he wants to be the best backup qb that ever played the game :dunno:

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

No doubt TLaw is going #1, the silly season puff pieces to the contrary are just void fillers. I’ll predict Jones is the second QB to take

I was on the Herbie train 100% last year by the time we got to draft day. My only great pick in 10+ years, I’ll be riding it for awhile.

I didn’t want Tua - i had high doubt that Tua’s game would translate to a long term elite NFL career. I still have that same doubt.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• madcaplaughs
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

I never understood the intrigue of Tua. Liked JH better but, admittedly, wanted one of the OTs in last year’s draft. Specifically Wirfs. Glad to be wrong about Herbert tho.

I like Lawrence in this year’s draft, but I think the rest are overrated. I think Burrow and Herbert’s success has made every QB-needy team extra horny for a QB on a rookie deal.
                    People are giving up on Tua too soon. His offensive line is mediocre, and his receivers are poor-mediocre. Tua didn't have a bad year per se. This year, he's likely going to have a true #1 receiver, and a year of experience.

What I like about his game is his feet, anticipation, and quickness to diagnose. He reminds me of a young Drew Brees. Does anyone remember Drew's first couple of years, on a sad team, with a poor offensive line?

Comment

• madcaplaughs
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Spoken like a true diva...pass...
                      Would you like him better if he said he thought he was going to be average?

Comment

• CTrout
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by madcaplaughs View Post

Would you like him better if he said he thought he was going to be average?
                        Haha....reminds me of a quote i believe by RB Ironhead Heyward. "Coach if you need 2 yards, give me the ball...I'll get you 3. If you need 5 yards give me the ball....and I'll get you 3".

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by madcaplaughs View Post

People are giving up on Tua too soon. His offensive line is mediocre, and his receivers are poor-mediocre. Tua didn't have a bad year per se. This year, he's likely going to have a true #1 receiver, and a year of experience.

What I like about his game is his feet, anticipation, and quickness to diagnose. He reminds me of a young Drew Brees. Does anyone remember Drew's first couple of years, on a sad team, with a poor offensive line?
                          I agree about giving up on him too soon and the rumors the Dolphins want to trade him seems strange - but if true, they have seen him for a year and don't believe he is the answer which is pretty damning (a big IF TRUE). I just worry that his playing style, build and injury history are a disaster waiting to happen. It's not if he gets hurt again, it's when and how bad.

Comment

Working...
                          X