• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
    If the obvious, as stated above transpires, just take BPA, AVG. Guarantee your franchise a plug and play, versatile offensive linemen, say thank you very much and move on. I’m really more intrigued who will be there in the 2nd. defensively? Could see a trade up to address CB, OLB or DL. So much depends on free agency, the right acquisitions are coming I believe to supplement the OL, Secondary and Pass Rush.
    Absolutely, need to get past that first.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by madcaplaughs View Post

People are giving up on Tua too soon. His offensive line is mediocre, and his receivers are poor-mediocre. Tua didn't have a bad year per se. This year, he's likely going to have a true #1 receiver, and a year of experience.

What I like about his game is his feet, anticipation, and quickness to diagnose. He reminds me of a young Drew Brees. Does anyone remember Drew's first couple of years, on a sad team, with a poor offensive line?
      First of all, i dont care how Tua turns out. He isnt our QB and im glad we didnt draft him.
      Second, his recievers arent that bad and they worked ok for Fitz. Devante Parker is a good WR and Preston Williams is a decent reciever. Bowden is going to be a good slot reciever for them.

Drew Brees didnt have the comfort of the rules they have now back in 2002. Tua's problem right now is his recievers arent wide open like they were at Alabama and he isnt used to it yet.

Comment

• Parcells
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

You can try to defend Tua, but when Fitz steps in and is appreciably better, it’s glaring. I was on the Tua train a year ago. After this season, I’m betting the don’t pass line with Tua as the shooter.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by madcaplaughs View Post

Would you like him better if he said he thought he was going to be average?
          No, I would prefer that he be a bit more humble and let his play on the field do the talking...few things worse than a loudmouth braggart who doesn't back it up...and even if he DOES back it up, it's still annoying...

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
            You can try to defend Tua, but when Fitz steps in and is appreciably better, it’s glaring. I was on the Tua train a year ago. After this season, I’m betting the don’t pass line with Tua as the shooter.
            And to think...some of the posters in this forum at one point wanted to trade the farm for Tua...

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

No, I would prefer that he be a bit more humble and let his play on the field do the talking...few things worse than a loudmouth braggart who doesn't back it up...and even if he DOES back it up, it's still annoying...
              Doesnt bother me. At least he didnt beat up any women before he said it. Thats said, i dont think Pitts is a target but of course i could be wrong if they dont resign HH. For a TE id prefer a guy like Tremble anyways as Pitts may be more a WR hybrid type.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Doesnt bother me. At least he didnt beat up any women before he said it. Thats said, i dont think Pitts is a target but of course i could be wrong if they dont resign HH. For a TE id prefer a guy like Tremble anyways as Pitts may be more a WR hybrid type.
                TT agrees with u on Tremble...what a name--"Tommie Tremble"--sounds like an action figure and/or member of Justice League...

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

That's what they said about Kellen Winslow.
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Parcells
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

That's what they said about Kellen Winslow.
                    Also like Gates or Aaron Hernandez (minus being a murderous sociopath, we hope). They are mismatch nightmares, but don’t bring much in terms of legit blocking like you get with a Jason Witten or Gronk.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                      Draftnik
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

TT agrees with u on Tremble...what a name--"Tommie Tremble"--sounds like an action figure and/or member of Justice League...
                      Tommy Tremble sounds like the name of a chronic bed wetter.
                      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Tommy Tremble sounds like the name of a chronic bed wetter.
                        Oh my, if we draft him, don't bring that one up again...

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Oh my, if we draft him, don't bring that one up again...
                          At first I thought it was a Broadway name! I guess we would have to change the narrative to Tremble with fear defenses out there!

:beer:
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X