Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

My favorite day 3 EDGE prospects for Staley’s defense remain Elerson Smith and Janarius Robinson. Two raw AF athletes with insane ceilings.

Both pro days are today.

Will revisit shortly.

For now, enjoy this clip of Sir Elerson destroying Radunz on an outside speed rush.
    I have them in my current plans in rounds 4/6 respectively and Milt in round 3.
    We need to improve the talent up front, apply consistent pressure/disruption, and we lost 3 players this offseason/have 3 on final year of contracts.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

I agree. Milton’s metrics are otherworldly. 2nd round buzz fully granted.
      Im not sure a great pro day elevates you that high unless you are a 3rd rounder already, Milton more like 4th ,.... the tape is still out there but gives them reason to go back and look.
      Made me go back and look more at him and Milton has some good tape but what intriques me the most is the posisibility as a Edge rusher. I mean those agility times were like WTF! I was hoping to see perhaps some Donald type get off but didnt see that on tape.

The draft is about potentual but will his workout make him a second round pick? I dont know if it does. But he probably makes my top 100 now lol. I may have to go to 120-150 as have so many so close in round 4. This draft is good rounds 2 thru 4.

I also dont think Davis Mills workout makes him a first. I think that is ridiculous. He ran a fast 40 but he isnt a running QB at all and has been injured quite a bit from his senior year in high school to early years at Stanford,.... and isnt bulky so running wont help him there. He isnt a Lamar or Murray there. He was a pocket passer.

I think Trask is still the better prospect over him considering that. I have him late second and dispite what Sims said about him, i have Mond late 3rd round. But hey, this draft could be nuts. They been built them up before predicting lots of first round trades and they didnt happen so we'll see.

Just thinking out loud. Appreciate any thoughts from anyone on this.
      Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-22-2021, 12:29 PM.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Im not sure a great pro day elevates you that high as the tape is still out there but gives them reason to go back and look. Made me go back and look more at him and Milton has some god tape but what intriques me the most is the posisibility as a Edge rusher. I mean those agilty times were like WTF! I was hoping to see perhaps some Donald type get off but didnt see that.

The draft is about potentual but will his workout make him a second round pick? I dont know if it does. But he may make my top 100 now lol. I may have to go to 120-150 as have so many so close in round 4. This draft is good rounds 2 thru 4.

I also dont think Davis Mills workout makes him a first. I think that is ridiculous. He ran a fast 40 but he isnt a running QB at all and has been injured quite a bit from his senior year in high school to early years at Stanford,.... and isnt bulky so running wont help him there. He isnt a Lamar or Murray there. He was a pocket passer.

I think Trask is still the better prospect over him considering that. I have him late second and dispite what Sims said about him, i have Mond late 3rd round. But hey, this draft could be nuts. They been built them up before predicting lots of first round trades and they didnt happen so we'll see.

Just thinking out loud. Appreciate any thoughts from anyone on this.
        Milt has the potential to lineup anywhere along the Dline and wreak havoc. He is still ascending and fairly raw. My major concern is his lack of length (31.5” arm length) and his ability to disengage.
        Having a guy inside that disrupts would make our EDGE players more effective.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Surratt is injury prone.

He had a meniscus tear repaired, and elbow surgery. Then tore a ligament in his wrist in 2017, got suspended for selling team issued shoes in 2018 for 4 games,....which isnt a big deal to me, and then reinjured his wrist in 2018 after 1 game back and missed the rest of that season. He switched to LB in 2019 so he hasnt been playing LB very long.

He has good coverage skills. He will also be 24 years old come draft time....if that matters to you at all.
          Pretty sure he didn't miss a single game in 2019 and 2020. The early injuries were when he was a QB. His experience at QB (understanding offense) is a positive for me.
          He's one of the best coverage LB's (behind JOK and maybe Collins... another QB convert). LB coverage skills are lacking with our current group, IMO.
          Surratt also has pass rushing ability (12.5 sacks last 2 years). It makes him a versatile piece in nickle/dime. Could help Staley with disguise.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

My favorite day 3 EDGE prospects for Staley’s defense remain Elerson Smith and Janarius Robinson. Two raw AF athletes with insane ceilings.

Both pro days are today.

Will revisit shortly.

For now, enjoy this clip of Sir Elerson destroying Radunz on an outside speed rush.
            I like both of these guys, too.
            Add in Malcolm Koonce, Wyatt Hubert, DeAngelo Malone... this OLB group is very deep.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

This would be a nightmare first round
              Three round mock.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-...-justin-fields

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

Three round mock.

Straight trash.We aint goin WR at 13 lol.I see they have Little goin at 20 or so.Probably wont make to the 2nd rd.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                  Draftnik
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Three round mock.

Yes, indeed. Now that would be the situation to draft Darrisaw, Little, or AVT.

Or better yet, a trade down partner.
                  Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

exactly - trade down - not too far but would agree - take Darrisaw, Little or AVT.
                    Hell, if they tape is good - take them at 13.
                    Walker Little without the injury seemed to be on track of being an R1 pick. And that injury was 2019. So he should be healed.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Would be awful. Not just Davonta but missing out on all three CBs, Slater and passing on Parson, JOK and yes, not trading down. But with the QBs gone, who would trade up?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Milt has the potential to lineup anywhere along the Dline and wreak havoc. He is still ascending and fairly raw. My major concern is his lack of length (31.5” arm length) and his ability to disengage.
                        Having a guy inside that disrupts would make our EDGE players more effective.
                        Yeah, there isnt any tape of him at Edge that i saw but his explosion suggests he can play there. But those arms are pretty short. What were Melvins arms? He had some short ones too.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Would be awful. Not just Davonta but missing out on all three CBs, Slater and passing on Parson, JOK and yes, not trading down. But with the QBs gone, who would trade up?
                          That mock was the absolute worst scenario for the Chargers, Its almost like the person was from the AFCW and how they could make that pick the worst it could be. I still think one of Slater, FAirley and Surtain will be there at 13. Granted, some have Horn from SC ranked pretty high as a CB so if you include AVT - thats five players that would fill a need and like you said, still passing on JOK and Parsons. I don't see it

I think Telesco knows its a need draft but it seems the Chargers can fill need with a player that isn't really reaching (unless its AVT as an OT)

Comment

Working...
                          X