• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Horseface isnt doing the drafting anymore. He hired a GM to take his place while he gave himself a promotion to pencil pusher office Exec for doing an outstanding job of picking shitty QBs lol.
    Horseface could still pull an Al Davis...

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Horseface isnt doing the drafting anymore. He hired a GM to take his place while he gave himself a promotion to pencil pusher office Exec for doing an outstanding job of picking shitty QBs lol.
      I doubt Horseface is out golfing at this time. He's going to stick his great big Donkey behind into all aspects of the draft process.

Elway is the GMs boss....kind of like the meddling John Spanos, but without the nepotism part.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

The Charger D is a hot mess right now.

Bosa and ?

Davis will be all right.

Murray should fit in well with what Staley wants....someone who can just go sideline to sideline and not have to make deep drops on passing downs.

Aging, injured or inconsistent play pretty much describes everyone else.

Only in Charger fan world is Derwin James healthy next year and Tillery/Adderley take that next step forward.
        Draft Edge in round 3...maybe double dip in round 6...

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Fangio could be easily overruled by Horseface...
          Horseface probably thinks he won every game he ever played against the Chargers.

To Donkey fans, the Chargers are perennial bottom feeders. Raiders and Chiefs no.....they are pure evil.
          If the AFC west was a western, the Chargers would be the lovable town drunk: heavily whiskered, smelling of cheap gin, dirty,
          eyes constantly squinting as if looking into bright lights. You can easily fleece them of anything for just a few pints.

Horse face would give two brays at the prospect of dealing with them.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

We have to stay far away from Farley. The Chargers luck coupled with his injury history is a recipe for disaster
            Should probably stay away from OL as well. lol TT's record in that regard is a curse....in and of itself. He is truly injured when it comes to drafting OL. I hope he gets it right this year.

You know anyone at Taylor/Ring Law?

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

I doubt Horseface is out golfing at this time. He's going to stick his great big Donkey behind into all aspects of the draft process.

Elway is the GMs boss....kind of like the meddling John Spanos, but without the nepotism part.
              But when you realize you suck at it, .....you hire someone else that dont. I hate that he came to his senses and the new guy has made the off season moves thus far. Elway should stay out of it, he stunk....but i was a fan of his being a GM lol.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Don't have a subscription....but just reading the opening teaser paragraph, got pissed off at Bradley again for giving the Chargers no shot in that Patriot playoff game.
                I don’t blame Bradley for that loss given the amount of bodies he lacked on defense. I do blame Whiz since we had everyone we needed on offense.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

The Charger D is a hot mess right now.

Bosa and ?

Davis will be all right.

Murray should fit in well with what Staley wants....someone who can just go sideline to sideline and not have to make deep drops on passing downs.

Aging, injured or inconsistent play pretty much describes everyone else.

Only in Charger fan world is Derwin James healthy next year and Tillery/Adderley take that next step forward.
                  Always remember that Brandon Staley will find what each players' strength is and plug him in to the defense to do that one (possibly two or three) thing well.
                  James' health will always have to be considered. Were Adderly and Tillery used correctly in Gus' defense...?
                  If Staley finds one v. one situations for Tillery vs. guards or tackles, I think you can maximize Tillery's effectiveness.
                  If Staley asks Adderly to cover 1/2 of the backend (instead of Gus' centerfield) can he become more effective...? Adderly probably has the skillset to cover slot, too. Something Staely asks his safeties to do from time to time.

There are some very versatile safeties and DT's in this draft. And you don't have to spend high draft picks (rounds 1-3) to find them.

Safety favorites for me:
                  Caden Sterns
                  James Wiggins
                  Darrick Forrest
                  Talanoa Hufanga
                  Devine Deablo
                  Tyree Gillespe

DT favorite for me:
                  Jonathan Marshall

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Draft Edge in round 3...maybe double dip in round 6...
                    Yep!

Round 3:
                    Janarius Robinson
                    Elerson Smith

Round 6:
                    Malcolm Koonce
                    Chris Rumph II

Although with the signing of Frackle, I think they target only 1 Edge player.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                      Draftnik
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Yep!

Round 3:
                      Janarius Robinson
                      Elerson Smith

Round 6:
                      Malcolm Koonce
                      Chris Rumph II

Although with the signing of Frackle, I think they target only 1 Edge player.
                      Those are my two favorite edge targets in R3. Smith might even be available in the 4th.
                      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

But when you realize you suck at it, .....you hire someone else that dont. I hate that he came to his senses and the new guy has made the off season moves thus far. Elway should stay out of it, he stunk....but i was a fan of his being a GM lol.
                        Horseface ranks right up there with Matt Millen and Al Davis (in his last few years) in the NFL Busybody/Metiche Draft Hall of Shame...

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                          Hot sleeper name right now.

I don’t know if receiver is a priority right now. But this guy is also interesting and will be available on the third day. Someone to eventually replace MW if we can’t an extension done.
                          His vertical leap of 46.5" last week would've set a Combine record. The Illinois wide receiver is a physical anomaly. Fueling it all? An "animalistic" instinct he found, lost, then found again.

Comment

Working...
                          X