• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
    A poster from the other Charger fan forum pretty much expresses my sentiments about Telesco's off season moves:

"We are getting boxed in at too many positions, and I'm not happy about it. CB, OT, Edge, etc. We can't get them all in the first round. OT and Edge are super draft value. Hot ones go first. By the 45th pick, we'll be pissing in wind, which I do every Thursday anyway."

And today is Thursday - stay upwind: keep safe, keep dry.
    Should probably be worth its own thread. Its rare we get the wisdom from those guys gracing our forum.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      Creed Humphrey is left handed.

Herb likes backwards spiral shotgun snaps
      about as much as
      he likes mutton on the bbq.
      Creed can play ORG and be OC2
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

A poster from the other Charger fan forum pretty much expresses my sentiments about Telesco's off season moves:

"We are getting boxed in at too many positions, and I'm not happy about it. CB, OT, Edge, etc. We can't get them all in the first round. OT and Edge are super draft value. Hot ones go first. By the 45th pick, we'll be pissing in wind, which I do every Thursday anyway."
        Freak wrote this in response to my post over there. Here was my response.

I don't think we're boxed in at all. We have #12 million in spending cash and a whole list of OT's, OLB's, and CB's (lots of CB's) that can be signed after the draft. It seems PON's can easily be BPA's each round (round 1-3).

1st round:
        OT's: Slater, Darrisaw, Cosmi
        Edge: Parsons, Ojulari
        CB's: Surtain, Farley, Horn

2nd round:
        OT's: Radunz, Brown
        Edge: Tryon, Ossai
        CB's: Melifonwu, Campbell

3rd round:
        OT's: Hudson, Smith
        Edge: Roche, Robinson
        CB's: Adebo, St-Juste

nfltraderumors.co/top-50-2021-nfl-free-agents/

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
          Fluent in Sarcasm
          • Jun 2013
          • Iowa
          • Man of the People
          • Send PM

If you’re drafting in the top half of the draft you have glaring needs. Is there a team ahead of us that you can’t say ‘hey they need a guy at x position’? Heck even most of the playoff teams you can point to a given position and say they could really use an impact guy right there. The only time you’re not ‘boxed into’ certain positions is when you have so many holes is your roster that you take whoever BPA because you need a new guy everywhere (still boxed in to a certain degree by position importance and availability ie. QB overdrafting) or when you have a complete roster. We all have our opinion on #13 but let’s say Chase or Pitts fell there, we could take them and still get day 1 starters at LT and CB on day 2. In my opinion that’s not really being boxed into picks, the point of the draft is to put talent at positions of need.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
            If you’re drafting in the top half of the draft you have glaring needs. Is there a team ahead of us that you can’t say ‘hey they need a guy at x position’? Heck even most of the playoff teams you can point to a given position and say they could really use an impact guy right there. The only time you’re not ‘boxed into’ certain positions is when you have so many holes is your roster that you take whoever BPA because you need a new guy everywhere (still boxed in to a certain degree by position importance and availability ie. QB overdrafting) or when you have a complete roster. We all have our opinion on #13 but let’s say Chase or Pitts fell there, we could take them and still get day 1 starters at LT and CB on day 2. In my opinion that’s not really being boxed into picks, the point of the draft is to put talent at positions of need.
            TB have boxed themselves into taking players who won't be ready for two years.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Creed can play ORG and be OC2
              We need someone who can hike the football correctly when called upon.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Then I suppose you’d best stick with K. Green, J. Myers, Q. Meinerz, or we already have Qberry on the roster.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• Panamamike
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

tight end, guard, safety, running back, defensive tackle, ...?
                  Tight end is not that big a priority this year.
                  we signed a guard....need depth...ton of them will be available. Can draft one day 3
                  Vet safety is available in FA as well.
                  RB is the easiest position to fill in the NFL.
                  Yes to DT. But need not be a high Rd pick.

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

We have the best OC in the league. I dont care to spend a high pick on a backup. Push that off a year.

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Tight end is not that big a priority this year.
                      we signed a guard....need depth...ton of them will be available. Can draft one day 3
                      Vet safety is available in FA as well.
                      RB is the easiest position to fill in the NFL.
                      Yes to DT. But need not be a high Rd pick.
                      Exactly! I don't know why we're talking about center... or TE... or guard... or even DT, RB... If Derwin could stay healthy, we wouldn't be talking about safety either (we have a 1st rounder and 2nd rounder back there). Rounds 4-7 for depth at those positions.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

We have the best OC in the league. I dont care to spend a high pick on a backup. Push that off a year.
                        The only thing I am doing is building OL with position flexible prospects. Aboushi is on a one year contract.
                        Last edited by wu-dai clan; 04-01-2021, 05:03 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Exactly! I don't know why we're talking about center... or TE... or guard... or even DT, RB... If Derwin could stay healthy, we wouldn't be talking about safety either (we have a 1st rounder and 2nd rounder back there). Rounds 4-7 for depth at those positions.
                          Because Cook is on a one year deal and is 34.

Because Derwin likely plays the "star" and need two deep safeties in packages while he is playing that.
                          You need to get up to speed with the defense we will run.

Because we are still a OG short or there are some that can play OG and OC that could be better than Ques.

Because after Ekeler... Who has been injured, we have China doll Jackson in his last year and Kelly. Only Kelly is over 200 lbs.

DT I'm not sure but Joseph and Jones are in their last year.of their deal.

Comment

Working...
                          X