• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt Dude
    Draftnik
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

It doesn't tell us much about "resisting arrest". If running away then returning was the sum total, no biggie. Physically engaging a LEO to actively resist is a red flag. The rule for everyone, no exceptions, is cooperate. Identify yourself, admit nothing, request counsel if questioned further.
    Unfortunately, the resisting arrest part was the secondary, and less significant mistake. It’s the weed part that the Chargers won’t tolerate.
    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

It doesn't tell us much about "resisting arrest". If running away then returning was the sum total, no biggie. Physically engaging a LEO to actively resist is a red flag. The rule for everyone, no exceptions, is cooperate. Identify yourself, admit nothing, request counsel if questioned further.
      I vetted him.
      Freshman.
      Nothing to see here.
      This year, ejected for punching.
      It was just a forearm shiver.
      I vetted him.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I vetted him.
        Freshman.
        Nothing to see here.
        This year, ejected for punching.
        It was just a forearm shiver.
        I vetted him.
        Great anaphora lol

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Maybe the NFL but not John Spanos. You’d think that a California team would be most liberal, but it all depends on the perspective of the ownership. I happen to know how John stands on this issue. Chances of Jamar Johnson joining the squad are slim to none.
          The Chargers need to start winning now. They are moving into a multi billion dollar stadium they did not help to finance & they have a small LA fan base.

The league doesn't want a repeat of half filled stadiums with a majority routing for the opposing team. The League office was displeased about that and have already shot a few veiled warnings across the Spanos' bow, one being a possible relocation to London.

The Spanos will tolerate more than in the past: they really don't have many fans to infuriate.

Comment

• CivilBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

The Chargers need to start winning now. They are moving into a multi billion dollar stadium they did not help to finance & they have a small LA fan base.

The league doesn't want a repeat of half filled stadiums with a majority routing for the opposing team. The League office was displeased about that and have already shot a few veiled warnings across the Spanos' bow, one being a possible relocation to London.

The Spanos will tolerate more than in the past: they really don't have many fans to infuriate.
            Hey maybe that’s why Dea wants out so she doesn’t have to be in a half filled stadium during home games.

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

New England scored 35 1rst half points without the benefit of the Charger O turning the ball over.
              No offense on the planet could have overcome that disaster: KC scored fewer 1rst half points the following week against that Cheatriot D.
              You had the 2018 versions of Bosa, James, Ingram & Hayward at your disposal. King and Phillips were nice players; Liuget, Jones, Philon were decent enough.
              Play ingram and James at linebacker if you are too crippled there to compete.

In all seriousness, Elmer Fudd could have been the defensive coordinator out there that day and the defense would have
              done no worse. When you can't stop anyone, and refuse to change things up....just stick your chin out there and take straight rights the entire half....good God!

Gosh! What do you do now?
              Liuget being on IR earlier in the year was part of the problem. That and losing Perryman.

It was always going to be an offensive battle.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Popper thoughts on the whole CB or LT at 13 and 47. I’ll post it later when I get a chance.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                  Draftnik
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

I hear ya. But his hard stance has more to do maintaining locker room culture. If the Raiders are concerned with this (see Lynn Bowden) then the Chargers definitely are.
                  Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                    Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
                    I see two things
                    1) the Chargers putting a premium on Left Tackle in this draft. And for me, thats no latter than pick 47 in R2

2) its identifying the right player to play LEFT tackle as well. I mean just because somebody played LT in college doesn't mean they are LT in the pro's. Forrest Lamp, I think COdy Whitehair, Dalton Risner all played LT in college.

So this is where Telesco and Staley have the most work to do. Identify the player they feel can be Left Tackle. Will say it again, my guy is Costonzo. Finding a guy that compares to Costonzo
                    Costanzo? Isn’t that the guy from Seinfeld? He looks likes he’s got some sand in his pants. Let’s do it

Comment

• Parcells
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I still think London would be the smartest move any team could make. It’s a massive market and while London and Europe don’t love the NFL like we do in the US, it’s such a big market and so much affluence that they’ll be able to fill that stadium. Then add in the insane home field advantage. My guess is that the Chargers would have their road games done in 2-3 consecutive game stretches at a time. So play a game in New England, stay in the states for the week, play the next game at KC, stay in the states, and then play at Arizona. Then fly home. Once you’re here the time zone difference doesn’t hurt much. But other teams having to come out and deal with a massive time zone difference will be at a big disadvantage. Just look at how poorly west coast teams have done historically going east. London is even further east. Then there is the marketing. Players who do well playing for the London Chargers or London Jaguars won’t have a problem getting endorsements in the IS, but they’ll also get deals in Europe.

Plus I’d love to get to go see them in London. I’d go see them almost every year. I already plan to try and see them play in Vegas every year.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Liuget being on IR earlier in the year was part of the problem. That and losing Perryman.

It was always going to be an offensive battle.
                        You will never ever ever beat Brady+Edelman by playing all of your DBs 10 yards off the LOS in a prevent zone. Their bread and butter was the 5-7 quick pass for years. Its what they eat for breakfast. Maybe they lose anyway, probably so. But the plan he chose was a guaranteed loss

Worst Defensive Gameplan Ever. Period.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Parcells
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

They also had a beast of an Oline and ran it down our throats. And with so many DBs on the field, we were helpless to stop it.

Comment

Working...
                          X