Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I liked Rousseau and Jones early on, too. Now that Staley is HC, I'm not looking at those guys as much (I think they're 4-3 DEs). Ojulari and Ossai are definitely on the radar now that I'm looking for 3-4 OLB. Tryon is always on the board at round 3 in most mocks. Maybe I shouldn't assume that he'll be there in round 3. Time to look at Hamilcar and Rumph again...

To get depth behind Bosa, I've been looking at Dayo Odeyingbo lately...
    Dayo may not have 10 sacks on the stat sheet, but my gosh does he get after the quarterback. He makes huge plays and is primed for a big leap this year.Follo...
    I like Milton Williams (DT/DE) - LATECH - RJR - 6’4” / 278# as mid/late day 3 guy for depth behind Bosa. He can also rush from almost anywhere inside and is a stout run defender. I thought he’d stay for his senior season.

Watch Jordan Smith (EDGE) UAB at the senior bowl.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

I liked Rousseau and Jones early on, too. Now that Staley is HC, I'm not looking at those guys as much (I think they're 4-3 DEs). Ojulari and Ossai are definitely on the radar now that I'm looking for 3-4 OLB. Tryon is always on the board at round 3 in most mocks. Maybe I shouldn't assume that he'll be there in round 3. Time to look at Hamilcar and Rumph again...

To get depth behind Bosa, I've been looking at Dayo Odeyingbo lately...
      Dayo may not have 10 sacks on the stat sheet, but my gosh does he get after the quarterback. He makes huge plays and is primed for a big leap this year.Follo...
      This is my thinking also, and is reflected in my sig clusta....of course, we may not know what the hell we are talking about...but I got a feeling about Floyd making his way here...and I just don't see an early need for hand in the dirt edge players...more likely OLB's who can rush and cover...but we'll see. Staley has all but said he will fit his system to whatever pieces he ends up having...or ends up getting from TT's draft...
      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Im not big on Floyd as he hasnt done much til this year and dont care for those in contact years to suddenly turn it on. Staley was at Chicago for two years with Floyd in 2017-2018.
        So though he had a good season, im just sketical while dishing out Ingram type money to him, but even if we do sign him, id still draft an Edge rusher. In my Sim mocks i have often drafted us two if i do a trade down and have extras so even with Floyd id draft one.

Not high on Egbule and Nwosu has been average , perhaps a bit above average.. Pass rusher in my view is one possition like CB where you can never have too many good ones and a fresh rotation never hurts. Two years ago i wanted us to sign Za'Darius Smith before Ingrams decline this year.
        We need help on the EDGE, interior for that matter, to generate pressure.
        I say we give our new coach a few new pieces on D for him to create/formulate around the talent.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2020
          • Oklahoma
          • Send PM

I couldn't pass on Parsons at 13 now with Staley. Defense travels in any weather and front 7 is priority.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
            Draftnik
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I say we give our new coach a few new pieces on D for him to create/formulate around the talent.
            Definitely need interior DL to help free the edges. That’s why I like Tufele (if he’s gone maybe Togiai) in the 2nd. The draft is deep at many positions, but not DT.

Floyd in FA.

Another OLB (Snowden? Tryon? Jordan Smith? Emerson? Jonathan Cooper?) in the 3rd.

Looking at CB with the other 3rd. Maybe in FA.

Still hoping for AVT or Slater in the 1st.
            *I know it’s an unpopular opinion.

A nasty guard (Moore? Cleveland? Borom?) in the 4th.

Late round big receiver (Jonathan Adams, Simi Fehoku, Imatorbhebe).

Late round RB.

Using the 7th rounder on Jose Borregales wouldn’t break my heart.

Vet center in FA.
            Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Barmore equals Brockers.
              Slotting doesn't add up unfortunately.
              4i. Length. Power. Well rounded skillset.
              It's what would set up our whole defense.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

And remember, the pressure doesn't always have to come from the edge. Look what Tampa Bay does in their "3-4". They bring pressure up the middle with ILB Devin White (9 sacks). Potentially, we already have the personnel to do that with Murray Jr. Gus just never used Junior that way. Kenneth Murray is an attacking LB. Attack with him!

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

I like Milton Williams (DT/DE) - LATECH - RJR - 6’4” / 278# as mid/late day 3 guy for depth behind Bosa. He can also rush from almost anywhere inside and is a stout run defender. I thought he’d stay for his senior season.

Watch Jordan Smith (EDGE) UAB at the senior bowl.
                  Nice job, Ninja! I hadn't watched either of these guys until now. A late round NT/DE guy I like is Neil Farrell Jr out of LSU.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Well yes but again, we arent going to be a base 3-4 like some think we are. Staley said that but not quite in those words. We will play some 4-3, probably a lot, maybe some 3-4, some 4-6 so i dont see the issue. I do see what you are saying but i think 4 man fronts will be seen more than 3-4. Thats the personel we are more set up for though with a couple of tweaks it can go either way. Just think 4-6 can be more likely against KC, Buffalo and the like.

Im not interested in Hamilcar but Rumph i am in rounds 5-6. He will need to add 10-15 lbs as well. 235 is just too light as a DE.
                    And again, I understand that we'll be mixing base defenses. If you want to switch from 3-4 to 4-3... or even a 5-2 or 4-6... we will need LB's. Both OLB's and ILB's.... and probably one hybrid LB/DE.

Micah Parsons would be perfect... but he'll be gone. I really like Rouseau, too. I was roundly criticized for wanting to pick him @#5. I really don't think he'll be there @#13. If he is... and Chargers pick him... I'll be the 1st one to cheer that pick.

I know many on this message board really like Farley and Surtain. I do too. I don't think they'll be there @#13. If they are... and we pick them... I'll understand... even be excited!

But if Parsons, Rousseau, Farley, and Surtain are gone (and I think they will be)... then BPA's will probably be WR's and OLB/ILB's... Ojulari, Ossai, and Collins. I like Collins because he's a Swiss Army Knife. He can cover... he can pass rush... he can even rush from the edge position. Staley could use him in so many different ways.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

And again, I understand that we'll be mixing base defenses. If you want to switch from 3-4 to 4-3... or even a 5-2 or 4-6... we will need LB's. Both OLB's and ILB's.... and probably one hybrid LB/DE.

Micah Parsons would be perfect... but he'll be gone. I really like Rouseau, too. I was roundly criticized for wanting to pick him @#5. I really don't think he'll be there @#13. If he is... and Chargers pick him... I'll be the 1st one to cheer that pick.

I know many on this message board really like Farley and Surtain. I do too. I don't think they'll be there @#13. If they are... and we pick them... I'll understand... even be excited!

But if Parsons, Rousseau, Farley, and Surtain are gone (and I think they will be)... then BPA's will probably be WR's and OLB/ILB's... Ojulari, Ossai, and Collins. I like Collins because he's a Swiss Army Knife. He can cover... he can pass rush... he can even rush from the edge position. Staley could use him in so many different ways.
                      I don't quite agree that we need ILBs. We need pass rushers sure but in a 4-6 we need more safety types like Derwin. Jenkins would fit that, Diablo would fit that, Owosu - Koramora fits that and of course Parsons would fit with his speed. Not saying we cant use another ILB but we have Murray and Tranquill if we talking 3-4 ILB and they may or may not bring back Perryman. If so not sure we go ILB at all. If not perhaps we draft one or sign one. Not saying its a bad idea just that its not a gimme at all.

Again for me, free agency will dictate alot. I don't expect to sign but 2-3 players and it may be on OL or OLB or both.
                      It will maybe give a hint what they are looking to do. Plus the rumors we may hear of them targeting.

What we are doing at this point is guessing because we have a whole new staff we aren't down with their style of play for this team.
                      Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-24-2021, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                        Draftnik
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

Nice job, Ninja! I hadn't watched either of these guys until now. A late round NT/DE guy I like is Neil Farrell Jr out of LSU.
                        My favorite late-round /sleeper DT/DE prospect is Demetrius Taylor, App. St. (6’1, 295).

HUGE motor, steady producer—in his last 2 years he had 13 sacks, 5 FF, 8 PD.

Not exactly sure what the story was, but he was a Miami recruit, something happened and he ended up at App. St.

Really caught my eye this year. Dude was making plays all over the place.
                        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

TY for the hot lead, Nutty !
                          This might be the 4i guy for Eye.
                          In the lab...soon.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X