• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
    IMO, Kelley is an over achiever but also just a guy.
    I hope he proves me wrong. But he lacks burst.
    Not very versatile either.

If I'm building a RB by committee, then I want to ensure I have little drop off in skillsets of being able to be a great reciever out of backfield, and also making 1st guy miss.

I don't want to go from Ekie a guy with burst, vision, decisiveness, making 1st guy miss and ability to catch out of backfield and line up at reciever and run routes and even return punts and kickoffs if need be. To Kelley who is mostly just a guy who runs hard. So much versatility lost.

And if I want to run packages with 2 RBs I want all the tools and versatility from both on the field.

Najee Harris is a guy in this 2021 draft that should be of interest. He has all the tools.

And then in 2022 CJ Verdell also has all the tools.
    ​​​​​​ That's a RB by committee that I think keeps the offense from missing a beat if anyone gets injured or even has to tap out for a breather for a series.

And then I think to duplicate bigger power back. Keep Ballage if he able to play well on special team coverage so he stays active as RB4.

2022 RBBC
    Ekeler
    Harris
    Verdell
    Ballage

​​​​​
    Ballage does not run like a 230 lb RB. He lacks power for his size. I'd probably let him walk unless he really looks better in TC and preseason but Kelly could as well.

I do like Najee Harris but I like Javonte Williams a little better and the reason is he has better burst, great vision, good showing in pass blocking, won't have to use our first round pick on him and the biggest reason is he wasn't doing it behind projected first, second and third round draft picks.

I'd be happy to have Harris but I'd love to have Williams.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 02-11-2021, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Banks had a pretty good showing at the Senior Bowl. He’s enormous, like 340 lbs. So that’s a plus. Personally, I liked Hainsey better. He was Notre Dame’s RT but coaches played him at G/C at the Senior Bowl. And he looked great.

I’m not optimistic on Tillery. Fingers crossed for Tranquil. I like the kid and think he can become a solid starter...if he can stay healthy. Hopefully Alohi can make some noticeable contributions on ST. Still confused over that pick.
      Only thing about Banks, and a few other mid round iol prospects, they are huge...like Clevland, Trey Hill...man/gap/power guys...at least at first glance...will they fit what we are going to do? One thing though...they all anchor well, and will keep that pocket from collapsing in Herbies face.

I kinda like Trey Hill around the comp pick, 4th, 5th....OG/OC versatility...
      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Only thing about Banks, and a few other mid round iol prospects, they are huge...like Clevland, Trey Hill...man/gap/power guys...at least at first glance...will they fit what we are going to do? One thing though...they all anchor well, and will keep that pocket from collapsing in Herbies face.

I kinda like Trey Hill around the comp pick, 4th, 5th....OG/OC versatility...
        Thank you.
        Have a look at what SF has done at OL & RB to generate production in their running attack.
        You might come to the shocking conclusion that some prospects/UFAs are very talented, but not a good fit for us.
        Some people we have at OL, in spite of previous under performance, are capable of springing to life now.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Thank you.
          Have a look at what SF has done at OL & RB to generate production in their running attack.
          You might come to the shocking conclusion that some prospects/UFAs are very talented, but not a good fit for us.
          Some people we have at OL, in spite of previous under performance, are capable of springing to life now.
          Three 1st round draft picks (and a 2nd rounder) along the offensive line... and a bunch of UDFA running backs....
          Makes you wonder, don't it...?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Three 1st round draft picks (and a 2nd rounder) along the offensive line... and a bunch of UDFA running backs....
            Makes you wonder, don't it...?
            Staley (previously) was a good pick...long career...small school to NFL star.
            McGlinchey has ORT feet (lol.) Trent I wanted to sign him for LAC (you did not like because it wasn't your idea.)
            Jerrick McKinnon (just a bit stockier than Gainwell) was Kyle Shanahan's first UFA splash move.
            Funny how things turn out.
            Surprised you are not touting Cam Robinson to LAC...not a peep ( you mentioned Billy Price, didn't you.)
            Last edited by wu-dai clan; 02-14-2021, 04:56 AM.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Ballage does not run like a 230 lb RB. He lacks power for his size. I'd probably let him walk unless he really looks better in TC and preseason but Kelly could as well.

I do like Najee Harris but I like Javonte Williams a little better and the reason is he has better burst, great vision, good showing in pass blocking, won't have to use our first round pick on him and the biggest reason is he wasn't doing it behind projected first, second and third round draft picks.

I'd be happy to have Harris but I'd love to have Williams.
              His acceleration at 225 is exceptional, and he has swivel in the hips to juke people.
              Power, burst, elusiveness, vision: he has it all running with the football.
              Does he make it to the Chargers 2nd pick? Hope he doesn't run a sub 4.48 40.

I wasn't looking rb: but those two would be bpa period.
              Last edited by powderblueboy; 02-14-2021, 10:14 AM.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Why no love for Deonte Brown? I only focused on him in one game, manhandling Derrick Brown.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Staley (previously) was a good pick...long career...small school to NFL star.
                  McGlinchey has ORT feet (lol.) Trent I wanted to sign him for LAC (you did not like because it wasn't your idea.)
                  Jerrick McKinnon (just a bit stockier than Gainwell) was Kyle Shanahan's first UFA splash move.
                  Funny how things turn out.
                  Surprised you are not touting Cam Robinson to LAC...not a peep ( you mentioned Billy Price, didn't you.)
                  Trent Williams I like but he is 33 now. Has a penchant to miss a few games as well. He will be expensive but think we can get a OT in this draft in the first whether it is Slater or a trade down for Cosmi.

McKinnon is 10-15 lbs stockier than Thinwell and he has a Sproles role there with 81 carries.

I'd love a RBBC thing but in New Orleans Kamara was the RB who got about 60% of the work.

Give me J. Williams in the second round and Ekeler could be a 16 game player again.

Or, hey... An article posted in here talking about salary caps has Denver cutting Gordon,......lol
                  though I don't see it. He has a 6.5 dead cap hit so that writer don't seem to know anything about those dead cap hits.
                  ​​​​​

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Trent Williams I like but he is 33 now. Has a penchant to miss a few games as well. He will be expensive but think we can get a OT in this draft in the first whether it is Slater or a trade down for Cosmi. Age discrimination...disgustink. j/k Duane Brown has "playedwell" for SEA.

McKinnon is 10-15 lbs stockier than Thinwell and he has a Sproles role there with 81 carries.
                    LOL. Nutty will get testy.

I'd love a RBBC thing but in New Orleans Kamara was the RB who got about 60% of the work.
                    Your guy is good. I like that better than RBBC with Ballage/JJackson. Herbert with non stop great play from Ekeler + RB 1b is a winner all day.

Give me J. Williams in the second round and Ekeler could be a 16 game player again. Yep.

Or, hey... An article posted in here talking about salary caps has Denver cutting Gordon,......lol
                    though I don't see it. He has a 6.5 dead cap hit so that writer don't seem to know anything about those dead cap hits.
                    ​​​​​
                    Oh no. Not Gordon.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2020
                      • Oklahoma
                      • Send PM

:uplol:
                      Don't overpay a RB! Was Ekeler's production worth his 2020 salary to go 7-9 and have a bottom half O Line that still needs to be fixed?
                      He's only got a few prime years left. RBs don't need time to develop and they miss more games.

though I don't see it. He has a 6.5 dead cap hit so that writer don't seem to know anything about those dead cap hits

What a bad deal for the donkeys

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                        Draftnik
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

I realize that this is a typical trencher comment, but is there a chance (just a chance) that we’re all a little jaded about the RBs we already have on our roster because we’ve never seen them run behind a decent OL?

See below for irate anti-trenchers’ comments...
                        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2020
                          • Oklahoma
                          • Send PM

I'm gonna go with No. The Gurley contract got ugly quick, and now Elliott is an albatross for the Cowboys along with Amari Cooper (see Mike Williams). Jerrah will have no money for defense if Dak is resigned.

Comment

Working...
                          X