Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
    Pretty ambitious plan, but I could see it working...if it all falls right.

I hate trading away picks, and especially future high picks...but I love the DB depth in this draft, and the coverage LBs...if we traded up for Sewell, I would rather give up next years first than this years second...that is, of course, assuming we had to trade up far....say to 4 or 6/7.

With Sewell in the first, you could go Holland, Melifonwu, J. Cox....or maybe go Jamin Davis, Melifonwu, J. Johnson...Day 1/2 plans....

My draft goals are simple....in no specific order....Left tackle and load up Staley's defense with the players he covets....versatile DBs and LBs who can run...then TE/RB/OL depth on day 3.

If we trade up for Sewell, I'll be happy....but I have to admit, it's not my only favorite scenario. The depth of skilled defenders makes me want to either hang on to all our picks this year, or even trade back. I wouldn't pass on Slater or Sewell, but if they are gone, would love to trade back and pick up a JOK or Moerig or maybe Farley or Horn, then hit that LT at the top of the second...I think Little is there...and you get that extra second...4 day 2 picks? I'm all about that.

Plan #1-Premiere LT prospect with a trade up in the first...thumbs up.

Plan #2-Solid LT prospect in the second, plus all our picks, or even extra picks, to flesh out Staley's defense.....Thumbs up.

Devonta Smith at #13? Driving to gas station for a 12 pack of numbing fluids....

One last thing....a lot of fans on here groan and roll their eyes when you talk about passing on LT in the first. Picking a very solid/promising prospect in the second round,(Little, Cosmi, Radunz, Brown) and maybe using a vet as a stop gap, is a plan that nets you a future left tackle (or now, if they overachieve and win the job at camp) and quality tackle depth, which we are also lacking.
    If any of Little, Cosmi, Brown, Radunz were available @#47 I’d be stoked but that is a gamble as all can certainly be gone before. Little is by far the best of that group.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
      Pretty ambitious plan, but I could see it working...if it all falls right.

I hate trading away picks, and especially future high picks...but I love the DB depth in this draft, and the coverage LBs...if we traded up for Sewell, I would rather give up next years first than this years second...that is, of course, assuming we had to trade up far....say to 4 or 6/7.

With Sewell in the first, you could go Holland, Melifonwu, J. Cox....or maybe go Jamin Davis, Melifonwu, J. Johnson...Day 1/2 plans....

My draft goals are simple....in no specific order....Left tackle and load up Staley's defense with the players he covets....versatile DBs and LBs who can run...then TE/RB/OL depth on day 3.

If we trade up for Sewell, I'll be happy....but I have to admit, it's not my only favorite scenario. The depth of skilled defenders makes me want to either hang on to all our picks this year, or even trade back. I wouldn't pass on Slater or Sewell, but if they are gone, would love to trade back and pick up a JOK or Moerig or maybe Farley or Horn, then hit that LT at the top of the second...I think Little is there...and you get that extra second...4 day 2 picks? I'm all about that.

Plan #1-Premiere LT prospect with a trade up in the first...thumbs up.

Plan #2-Solid LT prospect in the second, plus all our picks, or even extra picks, to flesh out Staley's defense.....Thumbs up.

Devonta Smith at #13? Driving to gas station for a 12 pack of numbing fluids....

One last thing....a lot of fans on here groan and roll their eyes when you talk about passing on LT in the first. Picking a very solid/promising prospect in the second round,(Little, Cosmi, Radunz, Brown) and maybe using a vet as a stop gap, is a plan that nets you a future left tackle (or now, if they overachieve and win the job at camp) and quality tackle depth, which we are also lacking.
      Sewell plus this above draft hall on day 2, I’d be in an hog heaven.
      Day 3 would be gravy. Please let that happen.
      All of those players are starters/major rotational players by mid season year 1.
      And we have OLT solved for 10-15 years.

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2021
        • Send PM

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

I’ve been a fan of Brown for months and think he’s the heir at RT for us
          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
            I’ve been a fan of Brown for months and think he’s the heir at RT for us
            With that length, I don't see why he can't be groomed towards the left side...I'm sure whoever gets him will be trying him out there eventually.
            The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

If any of Little, Cosmi, Brown, Radunz were available @#47 I’d be stoked but that is a gamble as all can certainly be gone before. Little is by far the best of that group.
              I think you're right. I think all of these guys are legitimate prospects. But I think it's a gamble to wait and get them with #47. I think they all could be gone. I posted this on another thread:

Exactly! Cosmi, Little, and Radunz may not even make it to @31. I've been saying that for a while. A number of teams in the #14-31 slots needing OT's. Lots of them needing RT's (Raiders, Bears, Titans, Ravens) and others need LT's (Vikings, Colts, Steelers).

IMO, the LT's are: Sewell, Darrisaw, Little, Radunz... all getting 1st round grades from me.
              If Chargers choose to bypass LT, even then, these guys don't make it to #31.
              Sewell - gone before #13
              Darrisaw - Vikings
              Little - Colts
              Radunz - Steelers

IMO, the RT's are: Slater, Jenkins, Cosmi... all getting 1st round grades from me.
              Slater - chosen as a guard by Panthers or Giants. Possible move to OT later.
              Jenkins - Raiders possible, Bears at least.
              Cosmi - Bears, Titans, or Ravens.

Ravens are hoping that 2 or 3 of these teams pass on OT/OG in the 1st round.
              2nd round OT's that could be reached on @RT: Brown, Leatherwood, Eichenberg.

I think this Chiefs/Ravens move is very telling.
              I guess we'll find out in a week.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

7. Philadelphia Eagles (via DET): Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon

Trade! The Philadelphia Eagles send picks 12, 84, 123, and Indianapolis’ conditional second-round pick in 2022 to the Detroit Lions in exchange for pick 7.

It’s a double-whammy of GMs here. Howie Roseman has always been aggressive to get his guys, while Brad Holmes comes from the Rams, where first-round picks are usually never made without a trade of some kind. As such, I think this is a perfect trade spot.

Roseman gets to leap all of Carolina, Denver, Dallas, and the Giants to take the best tackle in this class. There are rumors out there that the Chargers are also in the hunt for Penei Sewell. Philly has the edge in terms of total capital and picks one spot higher than the Chargers.

I know Philly needs a CB. I know about their WR situation. However, that offensive line has plenty of health questions.

Jordan Mailata showed flashes at left tackle, but Sewell is quite handily better right away. Mailata can move around as the team’s swing tackle or perhaps move inside. Lane Johnson has combined for 19 games in the last two seasons. Brandon Brooks missed all of 2020. With Philly seemingly pressing the reset button all over the roster, getting the offensive line sorted out is important. Nabbing Sewell is a damn good start to doing so.
                Do you send 13th, 77th, & 118th, and a second RD in 2022 to Detroit to MOVE UP to #7 slot take Penei Sewell?
                1 (13) To Detroit
                2 (47)
                3 (77) To Detroit
                3 (97)
                4 (118) To Detroit
                5 (159)
                6 (185)
                6 (198)
                7 (241)
                In all honesty, I'd rather trade back to #20, select Tevin Jenkins at RT and kick Bulaga back to LT. Then draft OT Walker Little as a heir for Bulaga. Let's keep the picks and select two tackles.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                  https://www.profootballnetwork.com/s...fl-mock-draft/

Do you send 13th, 77th, & 118th, and a second RD in 2022 to Detroit to MOVE UP to #7 slot take Penei Sewell?
                  1 (13) To Detroit
                  2 (47)
                  3 (77) To Detroit
                  3 (97)
                  4 (118) To Detroit
                  5 (159)
                  6 (185)
                  6 (198)
                  7 (241)
                  In all honesty, I'd rather trade back to #20, select Tevin Jenkins at RT and kick Bulaga back to LT. Then draft OT Walker Little as a heir for Bulaga. Let's keep the picks and select two tackles.
                  When has Bulaga played OLT? Back at Iowa.

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                    https://www.profootballnetwork.com/s...fl-mock-draft/

1 (13) To Detroit
                    2 (47)
                    3 (77) To Detroit
                    3 (97)
                    4 (118) To Detroit
                    5 (159)
                    6 (185)
                    6 (198)
                    7 (241)
                    No...#77 and a 2nd in 2022 I'd do,...maybe one of our 6th.
                    But i think, 13, 77 and the 2nd would be enough.
                    ​​​​​​

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

radunz and elerson smith looked really good in those highlights of the practices.

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

When has Bulaga played OLT? Back at Iowa.
                        The Green Bay Packers drafted Bryan Bulaga as a left tackle out of Iowa in 2010. He found a home at right tackle as a rookie when starter Mark Tauscher was injured and never vacated the position.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/charg...to-left-tackle - Jeff Miller/LA Times August

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

No...#77 and a 2nd in 2022 I'd do,...maybe one of our 6th.
                          But i think, 13, 77 and the 2nd would be enough.
                          ​​​​​​
                          Thank you, BJ. I've seen this debated rather hotly in other places and didn't get feel for where the true worth was.

Comment

Working...
                          X