• like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
    Per PFF:
    ”The Chargers' top three corners in coverage snaps, Michael Davis, Casey Hayward Jr. and Chris Harris Jr., earned PFF coverage grades of 62.9, 59.5 and 57.4, respectively, in 2020. That performance is a far cry from the marks earned by Jalen Ramsey (80.3), Troy Hill(75.7) and Darious Williams (79.6).”

Damn, I hope some of those Rams CB numbers were inflated by Staley’s scheme. Otherwise there might be more work to do than I thought.
    Work to do for sure. We are way too long in the tooth at CB. We need to get younger, faster while not losing too much with football IQ moving on from Hayward & CHJR.

LOTS of options in FA and the draft at CB. Rams FA are not the only well to draw from. We need speed and ball production. We must be able to cover the speed at WR in our division.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• Bolt Dude
      Draftnik
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Work to do for sure. We are way too long in the tooth at CB. We need to get younger, faster while not losing too much with football IQ moving on from Hayward & CHJR.

LOTS of options in FA and the draft at CB. Rams FA are not the only well to draw from. We need speed and ball production. We must be able to cover the speed at WR in our division.
      I’m thinking 2 from the draft and 1 FA.

My ideal situation would give us Molden and one outside corner somewhere between the 3rd and 5th rounds. Maybe St-Juste, Aubrey Thomas, or Keith Taylor will be available.

Got my eye on William Jackson in FA.

Also, resign Davis and cut the rest.

Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

I’m thinking 2 from the draft and 1 FA.

My ideal situation would give us Molden and one outside corner somewhere between the 3rd and 5th rounds. Maybe St-Juste, Aubrey Thomas, or Keith Taylor will be available.

Got my eye on William Jackson in FA.

Also, resign Davis and cut the rest.
        I think we should move on from both ShowCase and CHJR.

My current plan has us retaining MD43 to a long term deal and signing 2 FAs (Shaquill Griffin & Fabian Moreau), and drafting Kary Vincent Jr on day 3. This gives us 3 players that run 4.3s and one 4.2s. Throw in Derwin and Rayshawn and we have gone from average speed to exceptional in 1 offseason. Coach’em up and let them compete.

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• Bolt Dude
          Draftnik
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

My current plan has us retaining MD43 to a long term deal and signing 2 FAs (Shaquill Griffin & Fabian Moreau), and drafting Kary Vincent Jr on day 3. This gives us 3 players that run 4.3s and one 4.2s. Throw in Derwin and Rayshawn and we have gone from average speed to exceptional in 1 offseason. Coach’em up and let them compete.
          That could work as well. My only gripe is with Kary Vincent. He played nickel at LSU, but (IMO) looks like a poor tackler. From what I’ve noticed in Staley’s defenses, he relies on solid tackling from his slot defenders. Almost like a LB-lite. Troy Hill’s an excellent tackler. I see Molden being like that...not so much with KV.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

That could work as well. My only gripe is with Kary Vincent. He played nickel at LSU, but (IMO) looks like a poor tackler. From what I’ve noticed in Staley’s defenses, he relies on solid tackling from his slot defenders. Almost like a LB-lite. Troy Hill’s an excellent tackler. I see Molden being like that...not so much with KV.
            He played some FS as well. Vincent has warts with tackling being a big one. If he didn’t he’d be a day 1 prospect. Not many guys can run 4.2 with ballskills. He needs to be coached up and limited in his role.

I see Moreau and Nasir battling out for starting base .05 in 2021. Vincent would be more of a matchup weapon. Put him 1on1 with Tyreek with a variety of concepts played around it. ST gunner/returner as well.

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

He played some FS as well. Vincent has warts with tackling being a big one. If he didn’t he’d be a day 1 prospect. Not many guys can run 4.2 with ballskills. He needs to be coached up and limited in his role.

I see Moreau and Nasir battling out for starting base .05 in 2021. Vincent would be more of a matchup weapon. Put him 1on1 with Tyreek with a variety of concepts played around it. ST gunner/returner as well.
              Defend Tyreek with Robbers.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                Draftnik
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

Very interesting. Yes, we need speed. WJIII ran a 4.37. Moreau is a burner, too. In most cases your slot corner should be more quick than fast (eg. Molden). But when you’re in a division where Tyreek, Ruggs, and Hamler take a lot of reps in the slot, then straight line speed becomes a bigger factor. You may be onto something.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Very interesting. Yes, we need speed. WJIII ran a 4.37. Moreau is a burner, too. In most cases your slot corner should be more quick than fast (eg. Molden). But when you’re in a division where Tyreek, Ruggs, and Hamler take a lot of reps in the slot, then straight line speed becomes a bigger factor. You may be onto something.
                  Wut ?
                  Troy Hill 4.55 .
                  It's the scheme.

:coffee:

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

Hell, dude...that's a plan. Can you put your app in to the front office?

Would love to free up those early draft picks to build the oline anew...

Might have to hit a lick on that front 7 as well...but there is a lot of youth in there. Maybe Staley can make some lemonade outta those lemons...for me it's oline and aging corners as the bigger issues, even over edge, and that CB plan looks good to me.
                    The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Have a look at the forty times of the Rams DB population.

You and Bolt Dude are out to lunch.

Ramsey was deficient vs Green Bay's Adams. Why ? Aaron Donald's ribs. That's why.

Staley talked to Derwin about disguise, not straight line speed.

gusD has left the building. Get a grip on our new defensive concepts.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                        Draftnik
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Wut ?
                        Troy Hill 4.55 .
                        It's the scheme.

:coffee:
                        Huh? I don’t follow.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Huh? I don’t follow.
                          You are slathering over straight line speed.

Have a look at the Rams DBs.

They play assignment football, which does NOT prioritize athleticism.

Comment

Working...
                          X