• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Thanks for the names Bolt Dude. I'll check them out. Love finding hidden gems...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

We are moving away from Zone concepts. Ball skills. Man skills.

This is why I keep Hayward, Harris, let MDavis walk for relatively big dollars, draft smartly, and invest cap allocation elsewhere.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
        We are moving away from Zone concepts. Ball skills. Man skills.

This is why I keep Hayward, Harris, let MDavis walk for relatively big dollars, draft smartly, and invest cap allocation elsewhere.
        Keep Hayward? I’m confused. Seems like if we’re moving away from zone and more towards man coverage, then Hayward would be the bigger liability. Am I wrong in this? My eyes tell me he’d get burned too often in man.
        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
          Keep Hayward? I’m confused. Seems like if we’re moving away from zone and more towards man coverage, then Hayward would be the bigger liability. Am I wrong in this? My eyes tell me he’d get burned too often in man.
          I concur.
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

I don't concur.
            Where's the pass rush ?
            Where's the Safety help over the top ?
            Where's the effective defensive game plan ?
            Where's the allowance for Hayward playing dinged all year ?
            Meanwhile MDavis, a soon to be expensive Zone Corner is slathered over.

We need to adapt to the new concepts.
            We need to invest in our draft/cap resources judiciously.

I want football players who are also athletes, not uber atheletes lacking in fundamentals.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Maybe developing your very own draft ideas, borne of reading scouting reports and studying tape, which may or may not agree with mine, is the answer.

There is less confusion and more conviction that way.

TT is not about to cut Hayward, if we are being realistic here.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                Draftnik
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

Maybe developing your very own draft ideas, borne of reading scouting reports and studying tape, which may or may not agree with mine, is the answer.

There is less confusion and more conviction that way.

TT is not about to cut Hayward, if we are being realistic here.
                Now I’m even more confused. Because I certainly watch tape and read scouting reports. And I’ve definitely developed a draft strategy based on them. It’s a odd thing to be accused of this early in the morning. Relax and drink some coffee.

Besides, I’m not the only one who thinks Hayward lacks the skills to play effective man coverage, especially at this point in his career. The nagging injuries aren’t going to magically disappear, either. They’re going to get worse. Hayward will be 32 next season. Expecting him to excel in man is a tall order for a guy who’s never been that fast and is just getting slower with age. Especially with the speedy young receivers in the AFC west.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Now I’m even more confused. Because I certainly watch tape and read scouting reports. And I’ve definitely developed a draft strategy based on them. It’s a odd thing to be accused of this early in the morning. Relax and drink some coffee.
                  I start work at midnight. Today I have consumed two Sugar Free Monster energy drinks. Hope that Monster model sticks with Herb.

It is draft season...time to ramp up the draft takes. No getting butt hurt. You already called the owner of this place stupid the other day !

Besides, I’m not the only one who thinks Hayward lacks the skills to play effective man coverage, especially at this point in his career. The nagging injuries aren’t going to magically disappear, either. They’re going to get worse. Speculative. Hayward will be 32 next season. Expecting him to excel in man is a tall order for a guy who’s never been that fast and is just getting slower with age. Especially with the speedy young receivers in the AFC west. Better help with Double High Safeties who are anticipated to play faster. Team defense is key in the Staley plan.
                  Davante Adams just got done owning Jalen Ramsey in the respective teams' biggest games of the year.

Here's another fact. Casey Hayward had a huge opening game in terms of number of tackles. gusD wanted physical defenders. He wasn't the same the rest of the year.

We appear to disagree in the general nature of NFL football in 2021, in perception of the Staley defensive philosophy vis-a-vis gusD, and in assessment of our DB population.

I think this is where I say sorry about the confusion.

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

The Rams were were in zone coverages more than man with Staley. And they mix and match with Ramsey in man and others in zone coverage.

Davis can fit into a Staley scheme, so can Hayward and Harris

But adding an elite lockdown type of corner should be a high priority.
                    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                      Draftnik
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Davante Adams just got done owning Jalen Ramsey in the respective teams' biggest games of the year.

Here's another fact. Casey Hayward had a huge opening game in terms of number of tackles. gusD wanted physical defenders. He wasn't the same the rest of the year.

We appear to disagree in the general nature of NFL football in 2021, in perception of the Staley defensive philosophy vis-a-vis gusD, and in assessment of our DB population.

I think this is where I say sorry about the confusion.
                      For the record, I didn’t call anyone “stupid.” It’s disingenuous for you to say that. All I wrote was that Eric Stokes doesn’t last until the 4th round, which seems reasonable given that this is a discussion forum about the draft.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                        The Rams were were in zone coverages more than man with Staley. And they mix and match with Ramsey in man and others in zone coverage.

Davis can fit into a Staley scheme, so can Hayward and Harris

But adding an elite lockdown type of corner should be a high priority.
                        Which shut down corner are you planning on being available at #13 ?
                        Will he even be nearly as good as Ramsey, the best in the business, who could not shut down Davante Adams in NFCDG ?

Hayward and Harris are under contract. They are similar to Darius Williams and Troy Hill.

Michael Davis will be a sought after UFA.

I say build the Front Seven.
                        The big board will point in this direction BTW.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

For the record, I didn’t call anyone “stupid.” It’s disingenuous for you to say that. All I wrote was that Eric Stokes doesn’t last until the 4th round, which seems reasonable given that this is a discussion forum about the draft.
                          Do you not understand the irony ?
                          You essentially told the owner of this board, with all his chops, that he needed to take a better look at things.

This is not quality football discussion...but it could be.

Just agree to disagree, go into further football detail, and get settled in here as a new, great contributor !

No confusion at all.

Comment

Working...
                          X