• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Goodrich will probably run a sub 4.4 40 and shoot up to the 2nd-3rd round: happens every draft.
    Tackling here is ++.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Goodrich will probably run a sub 4.4 40 and shoot up to the 2nd-3rd round: happens every draft.
      reference was for Dane Belton....
      RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• pigskin
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Southern Oregon
        • Send PM

Maybe I missed it, but why has there been no discussion on Tyler Smith the OT from Tulsa. I have seen him mocked anywhere from late 1st all the way to middle 3rd. I won't have time to watch any film on him until probably this weekend. Just curious if anyone has studied him?

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2021
          • Send PM

Mauler in vein of Ikem Ekwonu but with Penning flare for generating personal fouls. If you could clean that part up he’d make heck of RG, with potential to kick out.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Brandon Thorn loves him.
            @#79 ?
            I also like Cole Strange.
            Slotted at #79.
            Reminds me of Oday.
            “Tyler Smith is a OT prospect in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 8.76 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 148 out of 1185 OT from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/zOkj8JLZCJ #RAS”

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
              Brandon Thorn loves him.
              @#79 ?
              I also like Cole Strange.
              Slotted at #79.
              Reminds me of Oday.
              Strange has better chance to be there #79. Strictly inside player, could start and also develop into back-up Center.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by pigskin View Post
                Maybe I missed it, but why has there been no discussion on Tyler Smith the OT from Tulsa. I have seen him mocked anywhere from late 1st all the way to middle 3rd. I won't have time to watch any film on him until probably this weekend. Just curious if anyone has studied him?
                I watched him a bit.

Initially i had a positive impression; but the more I watched, the less i liked.

Don't hate him, don't like him....don't really remember what i didn't like.
                Definitely not a round 1 or early round 2 guy for me.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

I watched him a bit.

Initially i had a positive impression; but the more I watched, the less i liked.

Don't hate him, don't like him....don't really remember what i didn't like.
                  Definitely not a round 1 or early round 2 guy for me.
                  The problem is that you watched him too much.

Highlights only !

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Strange has better chance to be there #79. Strictly inside player, could start and also develop into back-up Center.
                    He looked good against Kentucky.
                    I doubt if it solves the backup center problem for this year.

Don't know if i want to spend a 3rd on a guy who might only be backup to Aboushi/Feiler/Jaimes next year.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2021
                      • Send PM

He looked good against Kentucky.
                      I doubt if it solves the backup center problem for this year.

Don't know if i want to spend a 3rd on a guy who might only be backup to Aboushi/Feiler/Jaimes next year.
                      Don’t know either as fact, would he sit/who is back-up Center?

Parham is the other Dual threat interior offensive linemen but another team will snap him up in 2nd.

Speaking of 3rd/4th round extra picks, would leverage late round picks to swap with and elevate selection order.

Comment

• pigskin
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Southern Oregon
                        • Send PM

My new late round RB crush, Zander Horvath, Purdue.

Purdue Running Back Zander Horvath Posts Impressive Pro Day Performance

Running back Zander Horvath, and NFL Draft hopeful, displayed his athleticism and versatility during an impressive performance at Purdue's Pro Day.
                        WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. — Zander Horvath is one of several Purdue football players that stands as an NFL Draft hopeful. He's a player that fell short of earning an invite to the scouting combine but continued to train in preparation for making the jump to the professional level.

And he didn't disappoint in front of the eyes of scouts representing 30 NFL Teams during the team's Pro Day on Tuesday.

The 6-foot-3, 230-pound running back looked to showcase his versatility and athleticism, attributes he possesses in spades. Horvath, who is not projected as a high draft pick, will play any position to make an NFL roster when the time comes.

"I'm completely open to everything," Horvath said. "I mean, even coming in here, I came in as a walk-on and had play special teams, fullback and running back. So I'm used to being all over, but it really depends on the team.

"I think it might be a little bit of fullback, a little bit of running back. I think for me, because I'm not a top pick, special teams is going to be crucial."

With the Boilermakers, Horvath ran the football, protected the quarterback in a spread offense and proved to be a reliable security blanket by showing great hands out of the backfield.

Horvath caught 30 passes for Purdue during a shortened 2020 season, going for 304 yards. He also led the team with 442 yards on the ground and found the end zone twice.

In his final season with the Boilermakers, Horvath suffered a lower-body injury during the team's second game of 2021. He returned in time to play in Purdue's final six contests, including a matchup with Tennessee in the Music City Bowl.

Horvath ended the year rushing for just 320 yards on 91 attempts, but managed to score a career-high three touchdowns while also adding 17 receptions for another 108 yards.

Originally, Horvath was recruited as a linebacker by the Indiana football program coming out of Marian High School in Mishawaka, Indiana. Instead, he chose to enroll at Purdue as a walk-on in 2017.

Comment

• pigskin
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Southern Oregon
                          • Send PM

ZANDER HORVATH FB PURDUE | NFL DRAFT PROFILE & SCOUTING REPORT
                          40 TIME: 4.57 SECONDS
                          HEIGHT: 6-3 WEIGHT: 232
                          HANDS: 8 6/8 ARMS: 32 SPAN: 76 4/8
                          DATE OF BIRTH: 12/10/1998 AGE: 23.3

Strengths
                          • Improving patience as a runner, following pulling guards, and makes good decisions on his cut.
                          • Doesn't possess elite breakaway speed, but is fast enough to gain yardage in chunks when he finds a seam.
                          • Not truly explosive, but possesses enough speed to beat linebacker to the edge.
                          • A patient runner with good vision and burst for the cutback. Squares his shoulders and can knock the defender back onto his heels. Good leg drive and forward lean to gain extra yardage after contact.
                          • Difficult to bring down one-on-one in space, regularly sidesteps would-be tacklers and uses offhand to use oncoming defenders' momentum against them without slowing down significantly.
                          • Is an excellent pass blocker - used extensively as a pass protector in college
                          • Versitile - recruited as a linebacker, and has played running back, fullback, and a big contributor on special teams
                          • Very good hands - soft and reliable and could easily become a security blanket for pro QBs
                          • An incredibly physical ballcarrier who rarely goes down to initial contact.
                          • Fights for extra yardage and is reliable in short-yardage situations.
                          • At Perdue's pro day demonstrated impressive athleticism with a 4.57 40 at 230 lbs and 31 reps on the bench
                          • Was mainly used as a regular runni9ng back at Perdue but projects to full back in the NFL
                          Weaknesses
                          • Suffered a lower-body (broke his fibula) injury in 2021 - will need to check out medically
                          • Hasn't had the experience you would look for as a fullback - having mainly played as a running back. Was underused as a ball carrier

Comment

Working...
                          X