• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

I know, just saying he has the look of an NFL corner. If he’s available mid round, why not?
    He just seems to me one of those guys that needs a lot of coaching. If you want him to help you this year as a rookie, I don't think he's the guy. But if you're satisfied with our corners and just getting depth sure.

That's just how I view him.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-18-2022, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He just seems to me one of those guys that needs a lot of coaching. If you want him to help you this year as a rookie, I don't think he's the guy. But if you're satisfied with our corners and just getting depth sure.

That's just how I view him.
      Man just checked his performance pro day and he was horrible. Maybe one of those 7ths now, maybe :banghead:

Comment

• equivocation
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2021
        • Send PM

With the WR corps in the AFCW, the LAST player I'd look at in r1 is a run stuffer.

Comment

• WindsorUK
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Windsor, U.K.
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
          If we find a serviceable RT with our last FA move (restructuring Mack just freed up like 7-8M), then I wouldn’t be surprised if TT takes Daxton Hill at 17.

Staley loves those safety/CB hybrids and Hill is probably the best slot defender in the draft. Next year Davis is likely gone, meaning ASJr would slide outside on a permanent basis.

Daxton Hill is an effective and underrated option. But RT must be addressed first.
          Good call on Hill!
          Wouldn't be against taking him, especially if we move back in round 1.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

If we find a serviceable RT with our last FA move (restructuring Mack just freed up like 7-8M), then I wouldn’t be surprised if TT takes Daxton Hill at 17.

Staley loves those safety/CB hybrids and Hill is probably the best slot defender in the draft. Next year Davis is likely gone, meaning ASJr would slide outside on a permanent basis.

Daxton Hill is an effective and underrated option. But RT must be addressed first.
            Who knows how vast a role Hill can play, given his useage at Michigan. The athleticism is sure there.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Who knows how vast a role Hill can play, given his useage at Michigan. The athleticism is sure there.
              Who do you like better? Hill or Pitre?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Who do you like better? Hill or Pitre?
                Hill by a whisker.
                Better at Two-High.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                  Draftnik
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Hill by a whisker.
                  Better at Two-High.
                  Hill is better at 2 high, better vision, more polished, better at man (nickel), faster, more athletic.

Pitre is more aggressive/disruptive, better blitzer, better box safety, possibly a better tackler (splitting hairs on that one).
                  Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Hill is better at 2 high, better vision, more polished, better at man (nickel), faster, more athletic.

Pitre is more aggressive/disruptive, better blitzer, better box safety, possibly a better tackler (splitting hairs on that one).
                    They both would be a scheme fit,
                    and might be in play at #17, or surely in play, on a trade down.

Hill's top tier speed has to be very attractive.

Comment

• HK55
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2018
                      • Send PM

In case the Chargers can’t come to terms with White. The Cowboys have a couple of possible replacements. Keanu Neal, only 26 y/o. Cowboys played him in a hybrid linebacker role. And for CB depth, former Aztec, Damontae Kazee. Both had solid seasons on one year ‘prove it’ contracts.

Neal would be pricier of the two.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                        Pretty much retired......
                        • Sep 2018
                        • JoJa
                        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by HK55 View Post
                        In case the Chargers can’t come to terms with White. The Cowboys have a couple of possible replacements. Keanu Neal, only 26 y/o. Cowboys played him in a hybrid linebacker role. And for CB depth, former Aztec, Damontae Kazee. Both had solid seasons on one year ‘prove it’ contracts.

Neal would be pricier of the two.
                        Keanu hits like truck too. One thing I would not shed a tear over is a trade back into the 25ish range to pick up another 3rd. Use that 25ish on Lewis Cine. He is a great Swiss Army knife candidate for Staley.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

One of the Chargers writers at Fansided opines that Telesco will trade down. I don't always respect this particular writer's take on things, but one of the reasons he gives is that the middle of the 1st round is where QB needy teams will target this years QB class.

What do you think? Would a team that needs a QB that misses out on Garoppolo or Mayfield trade back up into the first round to draft Sam Howell or Malik Willis? Teams that potentially need a QB include Seattle, New Orleans, Indianapolis, Carolina, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Atlanta (which wants to move on from Matt Ryan apparently) and Houston (though they might have their guy in Davis Mills).

What do you think the Chargers could get for their 1st round pick? Is it worth it to trade down and get more day two and/or mid round picks, or a pick(s) next year?
                          Last edited by Velo; 03-19-2022, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X