• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Parcells
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
    so i don't do many of these mock game simulators, i don't have a paid account and I don't really know how to post em
    but here is a decent haul i'd like to share and get some feedback

13. Darrisaw (we all basically have a formulated option on CD at 13 by now haha)
    47. Greg Rousseau EDGE (i'm impressed but I don't think many others are)
    77. Jevon Holland S (stud, no need to comment, I love this guy and would maybe use our 2 on him)
    97. Tyler Shelvin iDL (under rated imo)
    118. Trill Williams CB (a TPB fav)
    159. Tommy Kraemer RG (had to find a ND guy)
    185. Simi Fehoko WR (another TPB fav)
    198. Chris Evans RB (great value i think)
    241. Shaun Beyer TE (developing nicely, has tools)

think thats good value overall, but if anything really sticks out good or bad, let me know
    TIA
    Draft pundits have Rousseau slipping. I don't know why. If we landed him at 47 I'd be stunned and ecstatic.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

Draft pundits have Rousseau slipping. I don't know why. If we landed him at 47 I'd be stunned and ecstatic.
      Honestly I don't want him. No twitch is no twitch in any round. At #47 or even better, #77 give me Joe Tryon.

Just not sure what his projection is but it's one of those.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Honestly I don't want him. No twitch is no twitch in any round. At #47 or even better, #77 give me Joe Tryon.

I’d rather have Elerson Smith at #97 than Rousseau at #47.

Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Tryon should go round 1. Getting him @#77 would be fantastic. He is my target @#47.
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Where I see Rousseau being a fit is at 4i
            Honestly I'm still a bit confused about the Staley D
            But I thought he had a 34 DE lined up on the inside shoulder of the RT or LT to have single gap responsibility
            I figure this is where Tillery willl be and figure we needed another, to keep Bosa strictly at edge
            P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
            P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
            P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
            P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Parcells
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

He racked up 15.5 sacks in the ACC in 2019. That sort of production two impressive.

Comment

• Parcells
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Although I just looked up a bunch of the highest single season sack totals in the last twenty years. A majority of the guys were players I've never even heard of. But many came from smaller schools playing against lesser talent. In the ACC, Rousseau was playing against legit talent.

I remember five years ago being against taking Bosa at 3 because I didn't think he had the athleticism to warrant the third pick in the draft. Glad I was wrong.

One of the things I've heard about Rousseau is that he's a high motor guy with impressive length.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

He racked up 15.5 sacks in the ACC in 2019. That sort of production two impressive.
                  Question is......how did he get those sacks/TFL?
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Shelvin’s the one I don’t like. From everything I keep hearing about Staley’s D, the name of the game is versatility. I just don’t think Shelvin’s got it. I think Staley’s gonna look for more athletic types to fill his front. To me, Shelvin’s a dinosaur from the old school. He’s a monolith, but he’s not dynamic. Too fat, too slow, not enough pizzazz.
                    I don’t know if Shelvin is good enough to take at this spot given he had one year of play (notably a NCAA Champ year with Burrow), and then opted out last year. But I have been reading experts explain for at least the last 5 yrs why the prototype NT is a dinosaur and no longer usable in the “modern NF:”

In the meantime we’ve watched our IDL get mauled and abused with smaller “modern” DTs. A great NT imo is akin to a great LT or a great man-cover CB - they will never go out of style. Give me a 2 down down dinosaur that either clogs the middle of the field from rush attack or requires 2+ blockers to neutralize him and I’ll take that
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

Because he didn't use his time off effectively, in his Covid opt out, and came out very flat at his pro day. Jaelan Phillips made him look slow and ridiculous, working out beside him...it was really that bad. Maybe you can find the workout on youtube.
                      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                        Where I see Rousseau being a fit is at 4i
                        Honestly I'm still a bit confused about the Staley D
                        But I thought he had a 34 DE lined up on the inside shoulder of the RT or LT to have single gap responsibility
                        I figure this is where Tillery willl be and figure we needed another, to keep Bosa strictly at edge
                        I am not sure I agree,

Why do you see him as a 4i?

I see him make plays in space with his movement skills being what make him special. I don't see how that skill translates to being a 2 gap player (any even technique is a played with 2 gapping).

Also, why would we spend such a high pick on a support player? You can get 2 gap DT types much later (middle or bottom) of the draft.

As far as TIllery and Jones go, both will be tried as interior players, because that is how they have been used, and both have played both NT and UT, so they have basically been playing DE in the 34 already.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

I am not sure I agree,

Why do you see him as a 4i?

I see him make plays in space with his movement skills being what make him special. I don't see how that skill translates to being a 2 gap player (any even technique is a played with 2 gapping).

Also, why would we spend such a high pick on a support player? You can get 2 gap DT types much later (middle or bottom) of the draft.

As far as TIllery and Jones go, both will be tried as interior players, because that is how they have been used, and both have played both NT and UT, so they have basically been playing DE in the 34 already.

im not sure I agree with myself either haha

I figure Staley would try to salvage JT while he’s here for relatively cheap to see if there’s a role for him in his D. I’m less ambitious for JT than you but believe me, I’m probably his biggest fan left here so I’m hoping to see him find a bigger and more effective role in the middle.

I might be wrong but I thought Staley’s 4i was a single gap penetrating role, at least most of the time. I figure he would fit there by beating tackles on the inside

doesnt have the bend to live outside and doesn’t have the ass to stay inside, not consistently at least.

Ultimately I think he was drafted as an interior passrusher and if I’m understanding you right, that’s how he will likely be used?

if so, where is he in base formation?
                          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

Working...
                          X