• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt Dude
    Draftnik
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

The Oline will get fixed. We don't have to go all Cecil B. DeMille.

Had to look him up. Dude’s been dead for over 60 years. Will you please make your references so that someone younger than Dwight Eisenhower can understand em? lol

Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Building the Oline is part of an overall strategy.

My draft and free agency decisions are quite different than yours.

@ #13...
      Sewell--gone.
      Slater--prolly gone, but OLT or Center only, and OG is a huge need. The value is also in question, when Oline can be addressed with other working capital.
      AVT--big overdraft, he's a Guard. Have seen him as late as mid to late twenties. Can he handle speed on the outside ? This is pick 13.
      Where's Darrisaw, so long as you are talking about run blocking ?

The "BYU kid" has maturity, at 25 years of age, and after LDS Mission. He makes one good block per play at OLT. The value is there in round three.

After the seasons Wirfs and Wills just had, I would not be inclined to compare any rookie to them.

The Oline will get fixed. We don't have to go all Cecil B. DeMille.
      Yes, building the OL is an overall strategy.
      Sewell... definitely gone.
      Slater... 50/50.
      AVT... is a guard. He is also a tackle. Comparing him to Darrisaw (or any other OT) in the run game is laughable.
      He's THE best run-blocking tackle in college. Combo, 2nd-level, blocking to the whistle, angles, down field, open field...

The OL only gets fixed if you try. Adequate doesn't cut it in the NFL.
      There are 3 positions completely open. The only action thus far in FA is to see if someone will give us a 7th rounder for our starting RG... no one is biting. For good reason. The only reason Bulaga will be there in 2021 is because he will cost more to cut than to keep.

Here's a guy that sees exactly what I see in AVT. You guys are being lazy...
      In this edition of the GAC Film Room, Steven takes a look at USC offensive tackle Alijah Vera-Tucker. AVT is a serious contender for the Chargers' first-roun...

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Slater... 50/50.
        AVT... is a guard. He is also a tackle. Comparing him to Darrisaw (or any other OT) in the run game is laughable.
        He's THE best run-blocking tackle in college. Combo, 2nd-level, blocking to the whistle, angles, down field, open field...

There are 3 positions completely open. The only action thus far in FA is to see if someone will give us a 7th rounder for our starting RG... no one is biting. For good reason. The only reason Bulaga will be there in 2021 is because he will cost more to cut than to keep.

In this edition of the GAC Film Room, Steven takes a look at USC offensive tackle Alijah Vera-Tucker. AVT is a serious contender for the Chargers' first-roun...
        True. I’ve watched a lot of OL tape this year and no one matches the 2nd level blocks that AVT makes on a regular basis. Kids a beast. He can play both.
        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

True. I’ve watched a lot of OL tape this year and no one matches the 2nd level blocks that AVT makes on a regular basis. Kids a beast. He can play both.
          Meinerz does does he did it in Div 3 lol.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

if Little passes my physical and looks good at pro day, I’m taking him at 13. he’s my prototype anchor, he’s Sewell South.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Yep. People that watch tape, know this, too.
              Nutty was watching tape on a kid from Whitewater back in November. They said I was was... well, Nutty.

I was watching tape on Little... many years ago, too. He is good... just not #13 good. He wasn't in 2018... he's not in 2021... Injury to his knee is not his only issue. AVT is a much better run blocker.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Slater... 50/50.

So if someone disagrees with you,
                they are "lazy" ???

The last time I disagreed with you about AVT @ #13, two short weeks ago, you declared my credibility to be suspect.

The draft is in late April...hang in there buddy.

Everyone else, reaching at #13 does not fix the Oline, protect Herbert, or win us championships.

The talk today is that Mac Jones, aka QB #5, will be gone by pick #15 to NE.

Don't you think that this will result in trade down possibilities for LAC, or somebody really good falling to pick # 13 ?
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Had to look him up. Dude’s been dead for over 60 years. Will you please make your references so that someone younger than Dwight Eisenhower can understand em? lol
                  You both are being hyperbolic Trenchers.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

If a player can be a solid dependable Tackle at #13 he aint a reach,just draft the guy and lets build a freakin credible o line already.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                      If a player can be a solid dependable Tackle at #13 he aint a reach,just draft the guy and lets build a freakin credible o line already.
                      Cosmi @ #13.
                      Got it.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                        We Are The Storm!
                        • Aug 2018
                        • Send PM

Cosmi @ #13.
                        Got it.
                        Lame.Actually expected better from ya.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

So if someone disagrees with you,
                          they are "lazy" ???
                          Are you watching any of the links that I'm posting?
                          Last time we spoke about AVT... you brought up the Oregon game (Thibideaux). Did you watch any of the Oregon game?

Compare AVT's Oregon game to Walker Little's Notre Dame game. Tell me what you see?
                          Subscribe, Like this Video & Turn On Notifications!(↓↓ click show more ↓↓)Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/justbombsproductions/Twitter: https://twitter....

I don't take requests, so please do not ask, I will ignore them. PAC12. I implore you. Please let this video stay up. I don't want money. I just want my fell...

I'm open to an informed discussion.

BTW... I went and watched every BYU game this season after you suggested we pick Christensen in the 3rd. Sometimes doing work involves doing things that are not your first choice. You're not the only one that watches tape. Yet your comments infer otherwise.

Signed,
                          Hyperbolic Trencher

Comment

Working...
                          X