Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Lame.Actually expected better from ya.
    Likewise.
    Cosmi, Darrisaw, are examples of pure OLTs who must be in play at #13, along with Walker, and the favorites of Slater and AVT.
    Don't you want to get this right ?
    There is plenty of time for discussion, agreement and disagreement.
    Free agency, where things will really change, starts soon.
    Keep grinding, B74.
    I know I will.
    There is mid round OL depth in this draft.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Are you watching any of the links that I'm posting?
      Last time we spoke about AVT... you brought up the Oregon game (Thibideaux). Did you watch any of the Oregon game?

Compare AVT's Oregon game to Walker Little's Notre Dame game. Tell me what you see?
      Subscribe, Like this Video & Turn On Notifications!(↓↓ click show more ↓↓)Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/justbombsproductions/Twitter: https://twitter....

I don't take requests, so please do not ask, I will ignore them. PAC12. I implore you. Please let this video stay up. I don't want money. I just want my fell...

I'm open to an informed discussion.

BTW... I went and watched every BYU game this season after you suggested we pick Christensen in the 3rd. Sometimes doing work involves doing things that are not your first choice. You're not the only one that watches tape. Yet your comments infer otherwise.
      LOL.
      The only reasonable inference about my comments is that I like different players than you.

Comment

• CivilBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

Yes, building the OL is an overall strategy.
        Sewell... definitely gone.
        Slater... 50/50.
        AVT... is a guard. He is also a tackle. Comparing him to Darrisaw (or any other OT) in the run game is laughable.
        He's THE best run-blocking tackle in college. Combo, 2nd-level, blocking to the whistle, angles, down field, open field...

The OL only gets fixed if you try. Adequate doesn't cut it in the NFL.
        There are 3 positions completely open. The only action thus far in FA is to see if someone will give us a 7th rounder for our starting RG... no one is biting. For good reason. The only reason Bulaga will be there in 2021 is because he will cost more to cut than to keep.

Here's a guy that sees exactly what I see in AVT. You guys are being lazy...
        In this edition of the GAC Film Room, Steven takes a look at USC offensive tackle Alijah Vera-Tucker. AVT is a serious contender for the Chargers' first-roun...
        That was a good breakdown video. I’d be happy if we pick AVT at #13. Looks like a day one starter. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Are you watching any of the links that I'm posting?
          Last time we spoke about AVT... you brought up the Oregon game (Thibideaux). Did you watch any of the Oregon game?

Compare AVT's Oregon game to Walker Little's Notre Dame game. Tell me what you see?
          Subscribe, Like this Video & Turn On Notifications!(↓↓ click show more ↓↓)Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/justbombsproductions/Twitter: https://twitter....

I don't take requests, so please do not ask, I will ignore them. PAC12. I implore you. Please let this video stay up. I don't want money. I just want my fell...

I'm open to an informed discussion.

BTW... I went and watched every BYU game this season after you suggested we pick Christensen in the 3rd. Sometimes doing work involves doing things that are not your first choice. You're not the only one that watches tape. Yet your comments infer otherwise.

Signed,
          Hyperbolic Trencher
          I see a true sophomore, in the 4th game game of the season, get beat by a pure speed rush, miss his punch locations, and have a 4 play sequence where he and the OLG had major communication issues.

I see a RJR have a bad game where he got beat by speed, power, and counter moves.
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Slater... 50/50.
            AVT... is a guard. He is also a tackle. Comparing him to Darrisaw (or any other OT) in the run game is laughable.
            He's THE best run-blocking tackle in college. Combo, 2nd-level, blocking to the whistle, angles, down field, open field...

There are 3 positions completely open. The only action thus far in FA is to see if someone will give us a 7th rounder for our starting RG... no one is biting. For good reason. The only reason Bulaga will be there in 2021 is because he will cost more to cut than to keep.

In this edition of the GAC Film Room, Steven takes a look at USC offensive tackle Alijah Vera-Tucker. AVT is a serious contender for the Chargers' first-roun...
            Not taking anything away from AVT as I like him too, but that guy also said he would still draft Dickerson in the first round with his injury history. He gets overly excited.

So I don't think anybody is being lazy if they don't agree with you. There are many calling him a NFL LG and some saying he could play LT. Some draft sites that you frequent have him in the OG section lol.

He moves well, does he have alligator arms? He Is only 6'4" and they are holding 6'3" against Slater.

Hey man, I think I was the ONLY one who said Rey Malauaga is a second round talent and wouldn't be elite in the NFL. Everyone on a Charger board loved him and most pundits.

Booyah,... Didn't call anyone lazy.
            Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-08-2021, 11:08 PM.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

That was a good breakdown video. I’d be happy if we pick AVT at #13. Looks like a day one starter. Thanks for sharing.
              Thanks for watching!

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I see a true sophomore, in the 4th game game of the season, get beat by a pure speed rush, miss his punch locations, and have a 4 play sequence where he and the OLG had major communication issues.

I see a RJR have a bad game where he got beat by speed, power, and counter moves.
                I see a sophomore (Little) that is off-balance most of the time. I see a guy that loses most hand battles. I see a guy that is not under control when he gets to the 2nd level and falls off of his blocks and only wins at the 2nd level half of the time. He's got the length advantage... that's about it.

I see a RJR (AVT) that got beat 2 times with counter moves. The "speed rush" sack (Thibideaux) was on USC's center. But I see a guy that dominated most of the game. I saw a guy that reacted to stunts and blitzes very well. And a guy that pushed people around in the run game.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Slater... 50/50.

Kudos nutty
                  I never realized how dominant his second level blocking was.
                  still an OG at this point but that’s not a bad thing.
                  If we get our LT in FA, AVT will be significantly higher on my Charger specific big board
                  G-Ro knows.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Not taking anything away from AVT as I like him too, but that guy also said he would still draft Dickerson in the first round with his injury history. He gets overly excited.

So I don't think anybody is being lazy if they don't agree with you. There are many calling him a NFL LG and some saying he could play LT. Some draft sites that you frequent have in the OG section lol.

He moves well, does he have alligator arms? He Is only 6'4" and they are holding 6'3" against Slater.

Hey man, I think I was the ONLY one who said Rey Malauaga is a second round talent and wouldn't be elite in the NFL. Everyone on a Charger board loved him and most pundits.

Booyah,... Didn't call anyone lazy.
                    Hooray.
                    A dose of reality.
                    Spoiler alert: I agree with "that guy."
                    Check the tape.
                    We must joust over who to select @ #13.
                    Plenty of time here.

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

So you don't agree with his analysis re: Angle blocks, hand usage, 2nd level run blocking, leg drive, physicality...?

So I don't think anybody is being lazy if they don't agree with you. There are many calling him a NFL LG and some saying he could play LT. Some draft sites that you frequent have in the OG section lol.
                      I know you guys do a lot research. We just see different things when watching tape. Mostly, I watch tape for my analysis... I take "experts" with a grain of salt. These sites list him as an OG because A) He's probably the best guard in the draft B) They think arm length is the Holy Grail C) They haven't watched him at OT with a critical-enough eye.

David Bakhtiari didn't have great measurables either... probably why he dropped to the 4th round.

Rey Malauga was too slow... I wasn't a proponent. I wasn't a proponent of Manti Teo either...
                      Booyah
                      BTW... I got into a big fight about Louis Nix with a very popular CMB poster several years ago. They called me Nutty when I liked Georgia center David Andrews over him. You can imagine the scorn I received when Andrews went un-drafted...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

BTW... I got into a big fight about Louis Nix with a very popular CMB poster several years ago. They called me Nutty when I liked Georgia center David Andrews over him. You can imagine the scorn I received when Andrews went un-drafted...
                        BTW David Bakhtiari has very long arms, was drafted in the 4th round, and is the premier OLT in football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I kind of think AVT is a guard, more than a OT but a lot of people, including DJ, think he'll play OT.
                          When we drafted Forrest Lamp, DJ pointed to his performance vs Alabama.

So now we have Slater, with DJ pointing to his performance vs Ohio State.

Isn't it ironic.

Comment

Working...
                          X