• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

IMO, would think you want as many traits as you can get. Good feet, power, sand in your pants, leverage, great awareness, long arms, size, great get off at snap, effort and motor, balance, student of the game, technique, love of the game, great durability and nastiness butt kicking.

I have seen guys with good agility and feet get out quick and then over run their blocking assignment and those great agility scores are not helping when that happens. It is actually hurting you. Timing up the block in space is key there. Right?

How many lineman check all these boxes?
    How would these traits rank out in importance.
    I'm putting durability at the top. If you are on the shelf, you are unable to help the team.
    And then awareness after that. As I think it's awareness on the play that helps time up the blocks well and not allow counter moves, speed, stunts and blitzing to get around you. Then sand in your pants, because if you don't have enough of that then they can just drive you into the QB lap and those great feet aren't doing anything for you. Then I'm looking sIze and power, effort and motor.....I'm like 5 traits deep and I'm still not to great feet.

I think that may be why he said feet are overrated.
    In a vacuum great feet doesn't equal great blocking. Although some of these traits work together. It's hard to imagine a player with terrible feet having great balance.

:2cents::2cents::2cents:

I gave you 6 cents.
    ^ This...my only addition to this is DURABILITY and ABILITY...and that's why I like Joe Thuney...has ability and durability both...never missed a game in FIVE YEARS....

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Parsons is Do Not Draft for me.
      Character red flag.
      The intel is out there.
      A nasty incident.

Slater's gone.
      Lotsa CBs.
      Put him back in your cluster!!!

Parsons hasn't run away from it or other concerns.
      Has called himself immature kid. He is brash and confident alpha male. His family, his Dad, and L.Arrington are trying to help him mature. Parsons admits he has to grow up quicker. And he admits it sucks having to adult so quickly when he just want to be a goofy kid. If he was running away from acknowledging that he is a young punk ass kid, that would be a much bigger problem.

Relationships.

Staley: "Hey Murray, Parsons is your rookie." "Hey Derwin, how fast do you think this young punk ass kid can grow up and be one of our leaders". "More importantly, who is the better video gamer, LOL".

​​
      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Has called himself immature kid. He is brash and confident alpha male. His family, his Dad, and L.Arrington are trying to help him mature. Parsons admits he has to grow up quicker. And he admits it sucks having to adult so quickly when he just want to be a goofy kid. If he was running away from acknowledging that he is a young punk ass kid, that would be a much bigger problem.

Relationships.

Staley: "Hey Murray, Parsons is your rookie." "Hey Derwin, how fast do you think this young punk ass kid can grow up and be one of our leaders". "More importantly, who is the better video gamer, LOL".

​​
        With him the interviews will be bigger than anything else. Probably also more interviews with his coaches as well.

We are still trying to find a way to neutralise Tyreek who had issues coming out.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Relationships.

​​
          In other words, he is saying all the right things for now, under consultation with a pr guy. Goofy kids don't punch out smaller guys and then have them draw knives.

Parsons gives us perhaps a better version of K Murray, but he is not an obvious player of need. Talk about him transitioning to edge rusher is just talk......although he seems to have the length to do it. He would be incredibly raw though, trying to figure out what he could do at the pro level off the edge.
          Last edited by powderblueboy; 02-15-2021, 12:54 PM.

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
            ​​​​
            Preach it brutha !
            ​​
            I posted a mock with two carefully selected round three Olinemen + a huge UFA splash move...

and they bitch.

And I am hearing some new, eyebrow raising noise.

1. Rashawn Slater is not a good fit for us, and no other available good-fit round 1 Olineman are slotted for us...@ #13.
            2. Landon Dickerson is very good. Should we set aside injury risk ? ...@ #45.
            3. Alex Leatherwood is a good fit for our blocking system...@ #47.
            4. Deonte Brown, all 6'2" 350# of him, has very good feet...@ #77.
            5. Royce Newman is a good fit...@ #197.

These are fresh, specific, counter culture Oline ideas.
            I invite all to study Oline.
            TT needs our help.
            Some of the conventional wisdom ideas might just be flat out wrong.
            Let's get it right this time.
            I guess I'm missing out on something - since we'll have a new HC and OC, how do you already know what blocking scheme we will be using?
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

Relationships.

​​
              Like I said before, young men do stupid, stupid things....then they grow up...

Lotta great players and men in this league wont be throwing stones from their glass mansions...

I also said that TT doesnt draft jackasses...he would be heavily vetted before we pull the trigger....he is in my clusta...
              The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Like I said before, young men do stupid, stupid things....then they grow up...

Lotta great players and men in this league wont be throwing stones from their glass mansions...

I also said that TT doesnt draft jackasses...he would be heavily vetted before we pull the trigger....he is in my clusta...
                Micah can say the right things now but the interviews with his coaches will be more telling and helpful to a staff interested in him. But no idea how much he was around the team last season since he opted out.

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

With him the interviews will be bigger than anything else. Probably also more interviews with his coaches as well.

We are still trying to find a way to neutralise Tyreek who had issues coming out.
                  Everything is under scrutiny nowadays. So much more media, so much more access to everything. When I was young some friends and I would play practical jokes, stupid kid stuff. A couple times somebody got mad and wanted to fight about it. I never thought any of us has bad character. Is Parsons immaturity the same as bad character?

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                    These are fresh, specific, counter culture Oline ideas.
                    I invite all to study Oline.
                    TT needs our help.
                    Some of the conventional wisdom ideas might just be flat out wrong.
                    Let's get it right this time.
                    Heres a fresh idea,go conventional.Modern offense has produced diddly squat for years.Draft beef early and often.Rewatch the ass whuppin the Queefs were subjected to if need be.Like I stated weeks ago stop trying to cheat the system of football.We have Herbert,Ekk,Slayer,HH,JBear,and Derwin,Enough toys,time for big uglies.Dessert is for After yer meat n potatoes.Ya cant have yer puddin if ya dont eat ya meat!

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                      Heres a fresh idea,go conventional.Modern offense has produced diddly squat for years.Draft beef early and often.Rewatch the ass whuppin the Queefs were subjected to if need be.Like I stated weeks ago stop trying to cheat the system of football.We have Herbert,Ekk,Slayer,HH,JBear,and Derwin,Enough toys,time for big uglies.Dessert is for After yer meat n potatoes.Ya cant have yer puddin if ya dont eat ya meat!
                      Yep...draft...

big-bull-color-web.jpg

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Everything is under scrutiny nowadays. So much more media, so much more access to everything. When I was young some friends and I would play practical jokes, stupid kid stuff. A couple times somebody got mad and wanted to fight about it. I never thought any of us has bad character. Is Parsons immaturity the same as bad character?
                        which makes any deviant behavior more concerning
                        he is a high profile player who figured it was worth risking draft stock in today’s TMZ culture to make a point
                        im all for taking calculated risks on character/immature guys, but we can’t blame him if we decide to draft him at 13. Which TT will never do, and I think I’m with him on this one. Find another way to stop KC. Parsons will be a Raider for a few years before he does another dumb thing.
                        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

which makes any deviant behavior more concerning
                          he is a high profile player who figured it was worth risking draft stock in today’s TMZ culture to make a point
                          im all for taking calculated risks on character/immature guys, but we can’t blame him if we decide to draft him at 13. Which TT will never do, and I think I’m with him on this one. Find another way to stop KC. Parsons will be a Raider for a few years before he does another dumb thing.
                          wait just a moment. It is allegations.
                          and it's odd, he isn't suing Parsons. He is suing the university, the coach and one player.
                          One of the other interesting part of his civil suit for undisclosed amount of money is the complaint that the coach denied him medical help for narcolepsy. I don't get that part. Cant he go to the doctor. How does a coach prevent him from seeking medical help. And then he is claiming the coach retaliated by trying to get him to accept a medical retirement from the program.
                          The lawsuit was threaten to be thrown out by the end of week by the judge after two amended complaints had issues.

And something else that seem odd to me. He thank the university and friends in a tweet when he left......and his father tweeted back that he was proud he put on his big boy pants.
                          Strange tweet back by the dad. Big boy pants.

I haven't found any player backing him up. But Bills offensive lineman Bates said he was there and the kid is a trouble maker.

And again, Parson is not named as a defendant in the complaint. Why put his name in it and not sue him too.

There is some confusing things beyond Parsons and him having a fight.

I'm leaving Parsons in the cluster at #13.
                          But Chargers likely won't.

Ravens or Steelers will end up drafting him if other franchises don't.

Comment

Working...
                          X