• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt Dude
    Draftnik
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Guess I’m in a mock drafting mood. He’s the ultimate *unrealistic* mock 2.0. Trade with JAX.

A337974C-B6A2-4E5E-96D0-528D45D42EEE.jpeg
    Last edited by Bolt Dude; 01-06-2022, 10:05 AM.
    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Yeah, I don’t think Hall lasts till the 3rd either. I really like his game. His running style reminds me of a more athletic, more versatile Ron Dayne.

I like Zach Charbonnet a little better, but he won’t be around in the 3rd either. Charbonnet reminds me of Eric Dickerson with his angry upright running style.

After that, I like James Cook a lot, though some fans think he might not be durable at his weight. But if he’s half as good as his brother Dalvin, James Cook and Austin Ekeler would be a handful for opposing defenses.

A sleeper, late round RB that I really like is Max Borghi. That guy’s contact balance is elite—runs so low, kinda reminiscent of Ekeler himself.

Abram Smith from Baylor is a prospect no one’s talking about. Twitchy and explosive, he also has great size at 5’11, 225 and quietly ran for 6.2 YPC this year. He’s a Senior Bowl invite I’m keeping an eye on.

The Chargers need to score with a RB in this draft. I don’t see JJ or Kelley returning, so we’ll need a RB2 as I don’t think Roundtree is the answer.
      When I watch James Cook I see a lot of Jamal Charles. Very Explosive!!! I agree with his size but Charles was that size as well and dominated. I do think they need a bruiser as well. I love the depth of RB in the draft this year. Maybe giving Rountree another year to be that bruiser. He was a good RB in college.

Another RB sleeper I like is Quay Holmes from East Tennessee State. 6’1 215 lbs. He is also a receiving threat out of the backfield. 1553 Yards 17 TDs and 5.9 YPC this year.

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

:smoking:
        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Guess I’m in a mock drafting mood. He’s the ultimate *unrealistic* mock 2.0. Trade with JAX.

A337974C-B6A2-4E5E-96D0-528D45D42EEE.jpeg
          You’re top 2 are my 1st/2nd rounders in MV4; coming soon.
          You have my dude Zyon McCollum in there as well. I have him higher.
          Kyler Gordon is a freaky athlete with impact ball disruption skills and sticky coverage chops.
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• Bolt Dude
            Draftnik
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

You’re top 2 are my 1st/2nd rounders in MV4; coming soon.
            You have my dude Zyon McCollum in there as well. I have him higher.
            Kyler Gordon is a freaky athlete with impact ball disruption skills and sticky coverage chops.
            Yeah, my first 5 picks are dude’s I really like for the Chargers. Swapped the R1 to JAX for their R2 and R3 so I could grab Travon Walker at #33 and Charbonnet with the extra 3rd.

Charbonnet might not be the best RB in this draft (though I think it’s close) but he’s the guy I see as the ideal compliment to Ekeler in 2022.

I love Gordon’s potential. He’s not as good as McDuffie right now, but his ceiling is insane. Very nice inside/outside CB to replace CHJr.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
              Draftnik
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

When I watch James Cook I see a lot of Jamal Charles. Very Explosive!!! I agree with his size but Charles was that size as well and dominated. I do think they need a bruiser as well. I love the depth of RB in the draft this year. Maybe giving Rountree another year to be that bruiser. He was a good RB in college.

Another RB sleeper I like is Quay Holmes from East Tennessee State. 6’1 215 lbs. He is also a receiving threat out of the backfield. 1553 Yards 17 TDs and 5.9 YPC this year.
              Nice call. Charles was 200 lbs at the combine and ran a sub 4.4. I think he actually played a bit lighter during his pro career. I think Cook will weigh in around the same (195-200 ish) and he’s just as fast. A better receiver too. He’s not the ideal compliment to Ekeler, but his game is too dangerous to pass for a lesser, albeit heavier, RB. High 3rd-4th round target.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Kyren in round three would tempt this couch GM.
                Get our proverbial ND requisite out of the way.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                  Draftnik
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                  Kyren in round three would tempt this couch GM.
                  Get our proverbial ND requisite out of the way.
                  Heard he’s the best pass pro RB in the draft. Besides that, he doesn’t impress me much.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Heard he’s the best pass pro RB in the draft. Besides that, he doesn’t impress me much.
                    Plus receiver.
                    Vision.
                    Enough wiggle.
                    Short and sinewy.
                    Which suggests durability.
                    I'm sure we are watching the same tape.
                    Oh well.
                    :smile:

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

KEVIN HARRIS (RB) U.S.C. (SEC) - JR - 5’10’’ / 220# - injury recovery
                      -IMPACT PROSPECT W/ELITE TRAITS, ELITE athlete w/+determination/IQ/vision/burst/++contact balance, tackle breaking tank, tree trunk legs, shotgun stiff-arm, dangerous at 2nd/3rd levels, +pass protector/reads blitz pickups-engages protections, limited route tree, large soft hands for screens/hot routes, fantastic vision, 90 degree cutting agility, outstanding lower body flexibility, compact powerfully built frame that can add more mass, always in forward motion

DAMEON PIERCE (RB) UFL (SEC) - SR - 5’10’’ / 215# - SENIOR BOWL
                      -STARTER PROSPECT W/IMPACT TRAITS, underused/undervalued, fresh yet experienced legs, +athlete/gym rat/+vision/power/speed, excellent 1-cut/downhill runner, burst to reach corner on outside zone, outstanding contact balance through trash, runs with high knee style, protects/secures ball through contact, bear-like lower body build/huge power-explosion metrics, needs work on passpro pickup/willing to enthusiastically engage targets
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

I like my RBs to hide behind the Oline and slither.
                        :lol:

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                          Draftnik
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Plus receiver.
                          Vision.
                          Enough wiggle.
                          Short and sinewy.
                          Which suggests durability.
                          I'm sure we are watching the same tape.
                          Oh well.
                          :smile:
                          I’ll be honest, I haven’t watched much ND tape this year. Mostly just highlights. So I’ve seen the good without the bad, but from what I’ve seen, Kyren Williams is a slightly better Max Borghi. Wigglier but less powerful. Same speed and explosion and vision but less contact balance. And I don’t undervalue his pass pro skills either. It’s a valuable asset, especially for LAC.

In other news, if Zach Charbonnet had transferred to BAMA instead of UCLA, he’d be considered a top 15 pick.

Comment

Working...
                          X