• Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Good points BDude.
    Plenty of mid round backs.
    Sometimes I just get a notion that TT will bite.
    Intuitive mocking.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
      Draftnik
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      Good points BDude.
      Plenty of mid round backs.
      Sometimes I just get a notion that TT will bite.
      Intuitive mocking.
      I feel like there’s a lot of pressure on TT to figure out the RB2 situation this off-season. I wouldn’t mind the D’Ernest Johnson solution in FA. He’s my 2nd favorite FA target after Darious Williams. That being said, I’d also wouldn’t mind gambling on a top flight rookie, but that’d require a priority draft pick and/or a lot of luck.
      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

I base this last draft upon the re-signing of Justin Jones, Kyzir White, and Uchenna Nwosu. TT and BS have sung their praises many times this season... I find it hard to believe that the new head coach would have his key defensive players taken from him.

I would also bring some familiar faces in via free agency... DL Sebastian Joseph-Day and CB Darious Williams.
        I didn't have cap space to bring back Mike Williams... and I will give up my idea of bringing Davante Adams in (rejoice TPB members!).

1st round: WR Drake London. Lombardi gets his "Michael Thomas like" wide receiver. The LA Kid stays in LA.
        2nd round. RT Abraham Lucas. Yes... we still need a real RT. Fits the system well as a pass protector and in the OZ run scheme.
        3rd round: IDL Keeanu Benton. A rotation of Benton and Sebastian-Day helps us stop the run better.
        4th round: S Bryan Cook. Add a good safety to the back end. Allows DJ to come closer to the LOS and play his multiple roles. Gilman just doesn't cut it.
        5th round: EDGE Boye Mafe. Bringing Nwosu back makes EDGE not as urgent. Mafe is still improving, athletic, and has a high ceiling. Nice depth at a position with ascending players.
        6th round: CB Taiwan Mullen. Great instincts, high football IQ. Size makes him a slot CB prospect. Depth behind Williams and Samuels.
        6th round: WR Dontay Demus. A knee injury pushes him down the board in a deep class. Fits Lombardi's WR traits.
        6th round: CB D'Jordan Strong. Small-college player. Good ball skills, twitchy, and competitive. Could play inside/outside.
        7th round: TE Grant Calcaterra. Took a couple years off after several concussions at Oklahoma. Returned to play for SMU last year.
        7th round: RB Cam'Ron Harris. Seriously considering bringing back JJ. Harris competes against Kelly and Roundtree.
        7th round: DE Jared Harrison-Hunte. Developing player with length. Looks powerful and strong... needs technique and experience... add some weight/strength.

Lots and lots of defensive depth. Replace MW and get your RT QB protector. Bring back your developing defensive FA's.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Ok Nutty, you know I'm gonna like this.

Except one thing.

We are going after Calvin Ridley.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2020
            • Oklahoma
            • Send PM

I like my RBs to hide behind the Oline and slither.
            :lol:
            Like Emmit Smith in the 90s. Imagine Barry Sanders behind that line.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Ok Nutty, you know I'm gonna like this.

Except one thing.

We are going after Calvin Ridley.
              You don't think the Falcons offer Ridley his 5th year option?

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                Draftnik
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                I base this last draft upon the re-signing of Justin Jones, Kyzir White, and Uchenna Nwosu. TT and BS have sung their praises many times this season... I find it hard to believe that the new head coach would have his key defensive players taken from him.

I would also bring some familiar faces in via free agency... DL Sebastian Joseph-Day and CB Darious Williams.
                I didn't have cap space to bring back Mike Williams... and I will give up my idea of bringing Davante Adams in (rejoice TPB members!).

1st round: WR Drake London. Lombardi gets his "Michael Thomas like" wide receiver. The LA Kid stays in LA.
                2nd round. RT Abraham Lucas. Yes... we still need a real RT. Fits the system well as a pass protector and in the OZ run scheme.
                3rd round: IDL Keeanu Benton. A rotation of Benton and Sebastian-Day helps us stop the run better.
                4th round: S Bryan Cook. Add a good safety to the back end. Allows DJ to come closer to the LOS and play his multiple roles. Gilman just doesn't cut it.
                5th round: EDGE Boye Mafe. Bringing Nwosu back makes EDGE not as urgent. Mafe is still improving, athletic, and has a high ceiling. Nice depth at a position with ascending players.
                6th round: CB Taiwan Mullen. Great instincts, high football IQ. Size makes him a slot CB prospect. Depth behind Williams and Samuels.
                6th round: WR Dontay Demus. A knee injury pushes him down the board in a deep class. Fits Lombardi's WR traits.
                6th round: CB D'Jordan Strong. Small-college player. Good ball skills, twitchy, and competitive. Could play inside/outside.
                7th round: TE Grant Calcaterra. Took a couple years off after several concussions at Oklahoma. Returned to play for SMU last year.
                7th round: RB Cam'Ron Harris. Seriously considering bringing back JJ. Harris competes against Kelly and Roundtree.
                7th round: DE Jared Harrison-Hunte. Developing player with length. Looks powerful and strong... needs technique and experience... add some weight/strength.

Lots and lots of defensive depth. Replace MW and get your RT QB protector. Bring back your developing defensive FA's.
                I see I’ve successfully converted you to the Darious Williams solution.

I like this plan. I’ve only got one bone to pick and that’s the 1st rounder, which is the biggest of bones. Why not a burner? Someone who could benefit from Herb’s long ball? Can’t Palmer be groomed as the X receiver? I think London will be a nice pro, but he’s the guy I’d draft if Rivers was still QB, not Herbert. I’d go with Jameson, Burks, or Wilson before London.

Love the Benton and Lucas pick, though I think Lucas is a bit overdrafted in R3. D’Jordan Strong is a future starter. Mafe could develop too, though I really worry about his run defense. Mullen is an interesting prospect but I also worry about players that regress in college. He was better in 2020.
                Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

You don't think the Falcons offer Ridley his 5th year option?
                  Hot rumor of the day.
                  Irreconcilable differences.
                  But more so he had some mental health issues.
                  Falcons will trade him.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Hot rumor of the day.
                    Irreconcilable differences.
                    But more so he had some mental health issues.
                    Falcons will trade him.
                    And you think we will go after someone with mental health issues? And combative with the team?

Why don't we just sign Antonio Brown? :whistlin:

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
                      I see I’ve successfully converted you to the Darious Williams solution.

I like this plan. I’ve only got one bone to pick and that’s the 1st rounder, which is the biggest of bones. Why not a burner? Someone who could benefit from Herb’s long ball? Can’t Palmer be groomed as the X receiver? I think London will be a nice pro, but he’s the guy I’d draft if Rivers was still QB, not Herbert. I’d go with Jameson, Burks, or Wilson before London.

Love the Benton and Lucas pick, though I think Lucas is a bit overdrafted in R3. D’Jordan Strong is a future starter. Mafe could develop too, though I really worry about his run defense. Mullen is an interesting prospect but I also worry about players that regress in college. He was better in 2020.
                      To be honest, I didn't realize that Darious was predominantly playing outside CB for the Rams. If he's inside/outside capable, then he's perfect. Our obvious need is slot CB. But with ASJ's concussions, we need a guy that's flexible/multiple. It's why I've always been looking at McCreary and McDuffie in the 1st.

If Jameson is there in the 1st round, he'd be my choice over London. But IMO, Jameson is the best WR in the draft. He won't be there, will he?
                      I like London because he's super productive. He's like Mike Williams... only a better route runner. I think London is a better route runner than Burks. He knows route trees and is nuanced in his route running. I watched tape back to back to back to back on Burks, Wilson, Olave, and London. I came away believing that London was my favorite... but all of them very close. Speed isn't a priority to either TT nor Lombardi. And London ran a 4.48 before his injury. I would keep Guyton. He'd be my deep speed guy. KA, Palmer, London, Guyton, and Demus. A variety of different skills/abilities...

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Dude, your boy Borghi likes Abraham a lot more than you do.
                        I've watched lots of WSU tape. Abraham is so good. I'd be relieved if he was still there in the 2nd round... The OL would finally be complete.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2021
                          • Send PM

Dude, your boy Borghi likes Abraham a lot more than you do.
                          I've watched lots of WSU tape. Abraham is so good. I'd be relieved if he was still there in the 2nd round... The OL would finally be complete.
                          I couldn’t agree more about Lucas! He has been a stalwart at RT for WSU. And I am a big fan of drafting Olinemen and keeping them to the side they have been playing most of, or all of their college career. If they can bring in RG Mark Glowinski and draft Lucas in the 2nd, the Oline would be absolutely set. Jeff Daniels would be a great pick up as well.

Comment

Working...
                          X