• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I am down with one of the IDL’s at 17, i think it would have a multiplier effect across both the DL and LB groups. In Rd2, I would also look at CB vs RT for BPA. if a stellar WR super weapon drops, add that to the equation. Our WRs are good but we don’t have that explosive weapon imo.

Unless they trade whatever it takes to reclaim Tbilly, I read he is the answer to much lol
    Man... I am just so NOT into drafting an IDL with #17. There are so many other needs (RT/CB) that I'd rather draft @#17. CB's and OT's are so hard to get through FA while IDL and IOL are so much easier. Hopefully TT now realizes this. Signing Linsley, Feiler, and Aboushi was a shrewd move. Such a good return-on-investment (minus the Aboushi injury). I believe the same could/should be done with IDL this free agency. I'd start with Sebastian Joseph-Day (part of Staley's #1 defense @LAR). He could be had at a much easier price than other positions.

BTW, the T-Billy jokes never get old.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Lack of adequate blocking ar any OL pos has a big impact on the passing game. Aboushi, Scho & Quis are UFAs. We need FA signings and / or draft at RT/ OG / C. Any OL you don't have a solid starter & #2 is where you get injured.
      In the draft BPA day 1 & 2 with DT, DB, OT taking pushes. Lack of D took us out of playoffs.
      In no way am I recommending NOT improving the run defense...
      But it is interesting to note that the 3 best run-defending teams (Saints, Seahawks, Ravens) didn't make the playoffs... while 3 worst run-defending teams (Packers, Chiefs, Steelers) did make the playoffs.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

But it is interesting to note that the 3 best run-defending teams (Saints, Seahawks, Ravens) didn't make the playoffs... while 3 worst run-defending teams (Packers, Chiefs, Steelers) did make the playoffs.

That’s great! We’re right on track!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Next weekend, Aaron Donald is gonna change some minds around here.

He will have Joe choking on his cigar.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

....And....they're not in the Superbowl!

:shifty:
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Man... I am just so NOT into drafting an IDL with #17. There are so many other needs (RT/CB) that I'd rather draft @#17. CB's and OT's are so hard to get through FA while IDL and IOL are so much easier. Hopefully TT now realizes this. Signing Linsley, Feiler, and Aboushi was a shrewd move. Such a good return-on-investment (minus the Aboushi injury). I believe the same could/should be done with IDL this free agency. I'd start with Sebastian Joseph-Day (part of Staley's #1 defense @LAR). He could be had at a much easier price than other positions.

BTW, the T-Billy jokes never get old.
              Nut, here's a new one for u: Q: What are the chances the Bolts bring T-Billy back? A: A million to one...

chance.JPG

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                Next weekend, Aaron Donald is gonna change some minds around here.

He will have Joe choking on his BIG BLING CHAIN (cigar).
                There...fixed it for 'ya!

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

....And....they're not in the Superbowl!

:shifty:
                  But the 16th best run-defense (Bengals) is.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Nut, here's a new one for u: Q: What are the chances the Bolts bring T-Billy back? A: A million to one...

chance.JPG
                    Heading to Vegas soon...

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                      French Speaking Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Québec city
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

chance.JPG
                      Am I gonna win a jersey if I'm right ?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

https://www.nfl.com/stats/team-stats...g/2021/reg/all

Um, the 3 worst rush defenses were the Steelers, Texans and us. Most yards and carries against and most TDs allowed on the ground.

if you are going by YPC the Vikings would be in there with the Steelers, Chiefs and Packers then us but that's misleading too. Packers opponents were mostly playing catch up while losing and have far less carries against them.

Teams ran at will on us and Pittsburgh and Pitts and us gave up a lot more rushing TDs.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Um, the 3 worst rush defenses were the Steelers, Texans and us. Most yards and carries against and most TDs allowed on the ground.

if you are going by YPC the Vikings would be in there with the Steelers, Chiefs and Packers then us but that's misleading too. Packers opponents were mostly playing catch up while losing and have far less carries against them.

Teams ran at will on us and Pittsburgh and Pitts and us gave up a lot more rushing TDs.
                          What a novel idea. With the right RT, I believe you have described our offense.
                          Again, I'm not arguing that stopping the run isn't important. I believe that with Justin Jones back, a couple of FA IDL, and a better understanding of Staley's defensive scheme... we could be a much better run defense.

Comment

Working...
                          X