• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TexanBeerlover
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post

Honestly I spend more time looking forward to the NFL Draft than I do Christmas or any other holiday.

3+ Mock drafts a day for the past 3 months.
    Looking at pundit mock drafts every night on Mock Draft Database.
    Multiple hours each night spent lurking these forums.
    I think I even put in for Leave once when I was a sailor for Days 1-3.
    Taking all three days off to stay plugged in. Not worth distraction @ work. Enjoy each moment and smell of football in the air.

Comment

• pigskin
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Southern Oregon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

missing the point.... when you draft that high you dont take the 4th or 5th best player at a position.... that is stupid.... take a top player at another position.......

Im not talking about results..... im talking about concept..... the 4th or 5th best player at a position should be taken 2nd round or later.....
      He may be the 4th or 5th player at that position drafted, but that doesn't mean he isn't the 1st, 2nd or 3rd position player on your draft board. No two boards are the same.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

How is it on the rocks? I don't drink soda. You might have to ship me down a bottle of that. We don't get a lot of craft type liquors down here. I did have a saltwater caramel vodka once that was pretty delicious.
        Supposed to be insane. I dont drink that much. Rarely. Just kills my GI which is already a nightmare. I have visceral nerve damage. Really only use Cannabis. Only thing i trust not to fuck me up.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
          Good stuff.
          I found interesting.....Brandon is an excellent evaluator which has been great during this process. A summary not a quote.

Thank you ninja, for another season of extraordinary information on prospects.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
            My final sig mock aside, if we do nail CB with our first pick, and there is a tackle high on our board in the late first/early second, I could absolutely see us pull a repeat of last year, and go up to grab a guy we covet. TT says he picks players, not positions...to an extent I believe him...but you can't tell me that there isn't some urgency with regards to boundry corner and LT...and coming out of day 1 and 2 with coveted prospects at those two positions, regardless of how many of the 4 picks it took, would be a victory in my book.

On the other hand, if we land a tackle first, I see a ton of talented DBs available through the third round, and see us sticking with our picks, with little or no movement.
            Good takes LB.
            I've enjoyed exchanging ideas with you this draft season.
            Here's to it being a great first day of the draft.

A compelling story must have conflict...a protagonist and an antagonist.

My mantra while attempting to promote more and better draft talk at TPB.

Comment

• pigskin
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Southern Oregon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Supposed to be insane. I dont drink that much. Rarely. Just kills my GI which is already a nightmare. I have visceral nerve damage. Really only use Cannabis. Only thing i trust not to fuck me up.
              I'm just the opposite, I drink too much, that's why I don't post much as I sound like an idiot, like now, but have to say I love all the contributions this year. It has made interesting reading. God, I love this time of year!

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

How is it on the rocks? I don't drink soda. You might have to ship me down a bottle of that. We don't get a lot of craft type liquors down here. I did have a saltwater caramel vodka once that was pretty delicious.
                You want that neat...no ice...can't remember what it was from the mixing station, but a dollop of something in that peanut butter whiskey, and you get something that tastes like PB&J...with a little kick. Some fruit based mixer, probably...but I could see how many sodas, like coke, would create a similar taste.
                Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Taking all three days off to stay plugged in. Not worth distraction @ work. Enjoy each moment and smell of football in the air.
                  I usually take the Friday off, but today is my first day back from Covid Quarantine...had way too much house and couch time, lol...so I;m gonna work this year...still get home an hour or so before the draft. Plenty of time to get settled in....

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Good takes LB.
                    I've enjoyed exchanging ideas with you this draft season.
                    Here's to it being a great first day of the draft.

A compelling story must have conflict...a protagonist and an antagonist.

My mantra while attempting to promote more and better draft talk at TPB.
                    You'll sweep the Golden Globe and Oscar, I warrant....

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

You'll sweep the Golden Globe and Oscar, I warrant....
                      Spoiler alert.
                      You are not the protagonist.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by pigskin View Post

He may be the 4th or 5th player at that position drafted, but that doesn't mean he isn't the 1st, 2nd or 3rd position player on your draft board. No two boards are the same.
                        Exactly! You still have to go by your own draft board and even though he might be the 4th best player at the position - he fits for in this case, the 13th pick.

Have read the Saints want to move up. But I just looked - they are way down there. Thats Polamalu for Sammy Davis way too far down for me

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Well, folks, this is it! It's finalmente here:

draft day spanish.jpg

Comment

Working...
                          X