• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamamike
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts&noles View Post
    Does anyone actually believe Telesco when he says Herbert was there number one target?

I guess it dosent matter but I call bs.
    You're welcome to go back and look but I was one who said that Herbert was going to be the best quarterback of the last year's draft. Time will tell if that plays out but I sure like how he looked last year especially under the circumstances.

And basically my rationale was if you put those other two quarterbacks on that Oregon team they have nowhere near the same success they did with Herbert. If they had to play their college career with the same talent base and the change of offensive systems and coordinators and coaches.... None of those guys are even drafted close to the first round. If Herbert played for either Alabama or LSU with that talent around him for his entire college career.... They win multiple national championships.

Comment

• Bolts&noles
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

You're welcome to go back and look but I was one who said that Herbert was going to be the best quarterback of the last year's draft. Time will tell if that plays out but I sure like how he looked last year especially under the circumstances.

And basically my rationale was if you put those other two quarterbacks on that Oregon team they have nowhere near the same success they did with Herbert. If they had to play their college career with the same talent base and the change of offensive systems and coordinators and coaches.... None of those guys are even drafted close to the first round. If Herbert played for either Alabama or LSU with that talent around him for his entire college career.... They win multiple national championships.
      I dont wacth like I use to but I definitely understand what your saying.
      Iam a Flordia State fan.
      So I know all about Willie Targert and what kinda coach he was.I thought and heard about these things before but more so after he was drafted.
      Still dont mean that TT had him number 1.
      Let's see what he does Tomorrow through Saturday.
      No more wasted picks .

Comment

• Tol
        From Accounting
        • Mar 2019
        • Carlsbad
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Yeah we talked about this. lol Wasn't sure if it was you or Velo. Any good tunes lately? Been listening to a lot of the FIXT Neon stuff. Scandroids label. Hes signing all the top guys. Deadlife. Orax. Good music coming out of the label now. Gunship 3 should be good.
        I'll have to check those out.

The only thing I can rec is The Midnight.
        80's synthwave + jazz saxophone = chefs kiss

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Looks like I’m late to the party
          so happy to be here with my Chargers brethren
          im not a big drinker but I will be drinking and celebrating starting tonight through Sunday
          guiness and apple cider
          Peanutbutter whiskey and coke
          Hennessy n sprite

we’re all witnessing the evolution of a championship team
          how sweet it will feel to be part of the journey
          nunc copei

go bolts!
          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Panamamike
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I dont wacth like I use to but I definitely understand what your saying.
            Iam a Flordia State fan.
            So I know all about Willie Targert and what kinda coach he was.I thought and heard about these things before but more so after he was drafted.
            Still dont mean that TT had him number 1.
            Let's see what he does Tomorrow through Saturday.
            No more wasted picks .
            If you expect any GM to hit on all their pics you set yourself up for failure and disappointment... And pics only look wasted when looking through the rearview mirror. We tend to remember the pics we didn't like, that didn't work out versus the picks we didn't like that work out much better than expected, or even the fact we loved a pick they didn't work out for various reasons, yet criticize that pick after the fact. Arm chair GM syndrome

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
              Looks like I’m late to the party
              so happy to be here with my Chargers brethren
              im not a big drinker but I will be drinking and celebrating starting tonight through Sunday
              guiness and apple cider
              Peanutbutter whiskey and coke
              Hennessy n sprite

we’re all witnessing the evolution of a championship team
              how sweet it will feel to be part of the journey
              nunc copei

go bolts!
              WTF is Peanut butter whiskey and coke my friend? From your big board of drinks I will select Guinness and whiskey. LOL

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

So the problem with TT drafts is that every year he sends his entire scouting department to all scout for the first round pick? That actually makes some sense to explain his overall draft record. He’s batting well over .500 on Rd 1, a very good to great record. But he is practically whiffing completely on Rd 3 (KA excepted of course). Rd 2 mixed bag of busts, overdrafted average talent, and underperforming contributors, Rds4-7 a crapshoot of an occasional diamond in the rough but don’t know he’s any better than other GMs.

he almost has done better in UDFA than Rd 3-7. that should not occur
                Didn't work so great with Tillery...

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post

I'll have to check those out.

The only thing I can rec is The Midnight.
                  80's synthwave + jazz saxophone = chefs kiss
                  LOL. Friends of mine. Top of the game right now. I reworked their Days Of Thunder Album art. Just a hobby of mine. Getting ready to tour as a 5 piece band. They are bringing in Jupiter Winter. Who cowrote Monsters the song off the new album. Not the Horror Show Album. You can see Neon Medusa live on Youtube with Jupiter Winter. The girl on keys and guitar player. Love that song by the way.

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 9.31.44 PM.png

Comment

• Bolts&noles
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

If you expect any GM to hit on all their pics you set yourself up for failure and disappointment... And pics only look wasted when looking through the rearview mirror. We tend to remember the pics we didn't like, that didn't work out versus the picks we didn't like that work out much better than expected.
                    Expect,Failure? lol
                    I just laugh now.
                    No need to go back over some of the past picks.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

WTF is Peanut butter whiskey and coke my friend? From your big board of drinks I will select Guinness and whiskey. LOL
                      Peanut Butter whiskey was created by a local guy here in OB. He owns the OB Noodle House. Its called Skrewball Whiskey. Its tasty and has made him millions.

Comment

• Panamamike
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Expect,Failure? lol
                        I just laugh now.
                        No need to go back over some of the past picks.
                        Who is expecting failure? I don't consider not "hitting" on all your pics in a draft failure. "Hitting" on a pick is often reference by getting their second contract with the team that drafted them. Not realistic.... The average career in the NFL is three and a half years for a reason. Some players are drafted by a team and then gave solid careers when they move to another team after being cut or signed as a free agent as well. Some players will have injury issues that cut their career short and inevitably some players just won't transition well at all from college of the pros.

​​​

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Who is expecting failure? I don't consider not "hitting" on all your pics in a draft failure. "Hitting" on a pick is often reference by getting their second contract with the team that drafted them. Not realistic.... The average career in the NFL is three and a half years for a reason. Some players are drafted by a team and then gave solid careers when they move to another team after being cut or signed as a free agent as well.

​​​
                          Drafting Leaf was a failure..... but I have no problem with it because most people thought Leaf would be at least a good NFL QB..... and Chargers were desperate.....

Failures are reaching for guys very few thought would be great like English.... Fluker..... etc.....

Comment

Working...
                          X