• Show
Clear All
  • Leslie Grossman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2020
    • Oklahoma
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
    What about RB Breece Hall? Opinions? Love his size, speed and receiving ability.
    Would love him if he somehow slipped to the 3rd. Wouldn't take him in the 2nd unless I am a sure fire contender like the Buccaneers trying to win one more with Brady or the Bills trying to win one with Allen on the last year of his rookie deal. Too many injuries with RBs and I only see it getting worse with players still getting bigger stronger faster every year and a 17 game schedule now.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post

Would love him if he somehow slipped to the 3rd. Wouldn't take him in the 2nd unless I am a sure fire contender like the Buccaneers trying to win one more with Brady or the Bills trying to win one with Allen on the last year of his rookie deal. Too many injuries with RBs and I only see it getting worse with players still getting bigger stronger faster every year and a 17 game schedule now.
      My 1st-3rd rounds are reserved for RT, CB, and EDGE.
      I'd probably double-dip in the 6th round for my RB's.

Cam'Ron Harris: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_Eibtw4hbA
      Pierre Strong: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ5gJY2xzUc

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Love it. DT in FA? That would fill a lot of voids.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Locksley has said that the upcoming bowl game represents the start of the 2022 season. The practices heading into this game should help the team develop. The next step, Locksley said, is for bowl appearances to become the norm and for the Terps to build on that expectation. Locksley expects his team to have between 12 and 14 practices, and so, “it almost becomes another spring practice for us,” he said.
          An interesting point I’ve never thought of. Players from perennial bowl teams come out of college with more practice time and more development.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Yeah we can do that at running back but doing that is why we are in the predicament we are in, drafting low round RBs. Every once in a while you get lucky like Ekeler, since then we have not.

But yeah I agree we need to bolster the defense, just depends on what we doing free agency for me.
            11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
            35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
            37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
            66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
            69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
            100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
            110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
            140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
            181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
            225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Bolt Dude
              Draftnik
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

So you’d pass on Jordan Davis if he fell to us?
              Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yeah we can do that at running back but doing that is why we are in the predicament we are in, drafting low round RBs. Every once in a while you get lucky like Ekeler, since then we have not.

But yeah I agree we need to bolster the defense, just depends on what we doing free agency for me.
                I think the real predicament we had last year was that our scouting department valued Brenden Jaimes over Elijah Mitchell... or Larry Roundtree over Chris Evans, Khalil Herbert, Kylin Hill, or Jermar Jefferson... The RB's were there, we just picked the wrong one IMO.

We could spend a 2nd or 3rd on RB, but there are other PON's you are forgoing... and no guarantee your 2nd/3rd round RB will have greater impact on your overall team.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
                  Probably. I just don't think IDL has the same impact as RT, CB, or EDGE.
                  I think IDL can be addressed in FA. If they choose to address CB, EDGE, or RT in FA... so be it. I'd be just as happy (with the right one). But, I'd predict that we'd get get 2 FA IDL for the price of 1 CB/EDGE/RT.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

I think the real predicament we had last year was that our scouting department valued Brenden Jaimes over Elijah Mitchell... or Larry Roundtree over Chris Evans, Khalil Herbert, Kylin Hill, or Jermar Jefferson... The RB's were there, we just picked the wrong one IMO.

We could spend a 2nd or 3rd on RB, but there are other PON's you are forgoing... and no guarantee your 2nd/3rd round RB will have greater impact on your overall team.
                    Like I said, depends on what we do in FA'cy. But if Breece Hall is there in round two when we pick, I'm likely picking him. Of course the third would be better but don't think he will last there after the combine.

I liked some of those RBs you named too and Roundtree wasn't on my list but he hasn't got much time to show either. Don't think any of those other guys would play much either if we had them. They are getting their shot because of injuries.

Mostert went down early for SF. I don't know what Evans has done to this point.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Probably. I just don't think IDL has the same impact as RT, CB, or EDGE.
                      I think IDL can be addressed in FA. If they choose to address CB, EDGE, or RT in FA... so be it. I'd be just as happy (with the right one). But, I'd predict that we'd get get 2 FA IDL for the price of 1 CB/EDGE/RT.
                      Yeah I'd probably pass on him too if we sign those FA's you listed.

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
                        no, would not....

not overly familiar w/Davis, albeit if he is what peoples make him out to be, just wouldn't pass over that....

guys like him are the unsung heroes/strong and silent type that don't necessarily get the love, but when they show up, all of a sudden their team defense gets a hellah lot better.

they don't get the credit, but if you look closely/more carefully, they are oft at the center of the reason for the unit's improvement on the whole.

really against drafting by/for position, and much prefer to draft by which players will make the best Charger, and regardless of position (for the most part/relatively speaking of course).

love me some Linval, but he is a man of marginal returns.... give him another year or so, and let Davis develop in tandem w/Joseph, then we are set at a most important position for quite some time.
                        RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

would go heavy in FA on defense, and @every level, and ditto for RB, as looking for pretty much the best player that money can buy.... Saquan being one of just the such, along w/the likes of Cordarelle Patterson, Ronald Jones and/or D'Ernest Johnson.... we could use a coupla few of the aforementioned.

speaking for myself, not overly enamored/taken by any early round RB, as would much prefer to spend my draft capital elsewhere, and.... go RB heavy in FA.
                          RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

Working...
                          X