• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Cap money has to first be spent keeping our own talent then in FA. It amazes me how fast some forget how risky tossing around big free agent contracts are. A good deal of these players will not fit a new scheme or worked hard to get paid but after getting paid never work as hard again. Free agency is high risk and not make it rain money... That said you surround a young QB with experience and build the defence through the draft is a generalization be I tend to agree with outside of a special talent at wr and rb to grow with Herbster.
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

With today's results in the NFL, Jax gains ownership of the No. 1 pick in April and the Lions slide down to No. 2. The Chargers are currently No. 22, positioned to draft Miss OT Charles Cross in the first round, to solidify the right side of the OL, then in the second round draft Iowa State RB Breece Hall or Texas A&M RB Isaiah Spiller.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        With today's results in the NFL, Jax gains ownership of the No. 1 pick in April and the Lions slide down to No. 2. The Chargers are currently No. 22, positioned to draft Miss OT Charles Cross in the first round, to solidify the right side of the OL, then in the second round draft Iowa State RB Breece Hall or Texas A&M RB Isaiah Spiller.
        Nah, they will draft #32., heh. Beyond #18, the spots are determined by exit from the playoffs and the lowest Strength of Schedule, which is pretty high for the Chargers.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Would be outstanding

Comment

• Parcells
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

With the way Norton has survived and the way Pipkins looked on Thursday, I’m beginning to wonder how good our coaching is. We assumed that Slater has been awesome because he is just awesome. But perhaps it has something to do with O-line coaching. The one young O-lineman who has not shown much is Jaimes. But if we’ve got the right coaches in place, I’d love to see us grab the bookend tackle so that we have a matching set to pair with Slater.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

I keep on seeing Charles Cross drafted around pick #10 in mocks.

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

I think adding one or 2 speed merchants to the WR core would have greater impact than adding another expensive possession type WR.....

I think spending most of our FA money on defense and OL would be better spent.....
                We already have deep speed in Guyton... and rarely go deep to him.
                It's not like Davante Adams is a possession receiver only. He's tied for 5th in receptions 20+ and tied for 8th in receptions 40+
                The draft is LOADED with defensive talent. I bet we get 2 cb and 1 safety from the draft. Then depth at EDGE, LB in mid/late rounds.
                Resign Aboushi, draft a RT and there is no need to spend FA money on the OL. The OL is close to re-build.

In the end, if you had 2 weapons like KA and DA opposite of each other... you would force defenses to spread. You would not only make your passing game un-stoppable, you would make your run game better. If you were a DC... How'd you like to see KA on one side, DA on the other, Palmer and Guyton in the slots, and Eke in the backfield...? Oh, and an OL that could both run block and pass block. We'd score 40+ points a game...

Comment

• Silversurfer
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Los Angeles
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
                  With the way Norton has survived and the way Pipkins looked on Thursday, I’m beginning to wonder how good our coaching is. We assumed that Slater has been awesome because he is just awesome. But perhaps it has something to do with O-line coaching. The one young O-lineman who has not shown much is Jaimes. But if we’ve got the right coaches in place, I’d love to see us grab the bookend tackle so that we have a matching set to pair with Slater.
                  The front office probably thinking that Norton is holding his own and instead of drafting a RT they will go after another position player. FML

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Oline is startin' to gel,
                    at jus' the right time.
                    :dead:
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

The more money you pay to fewer players the worse it gets. When Bosa goes down for a few games we feel it. When KA goes down we feel it. The way this can work with Davonte is because the cap is going up next year. I still think it's an insult to make Herbert wait for the end of his rookie contract and this smells of desperation on the part of Telesco to move all the chips in one pile. It hasn't been the offense that's been losing most of our games it's the defense. If we had a decent defense staley starts to kick some field goals again. LOL!

:coffee:
                      Exactly... when KA goes down we feel it. We're built to pass, too. Spending $15 million on MW does not help that situation. We know by experience. We're 100% sure. Could we spend our 1st round draft pick on a WR...? Sure. Are we certain that they'd end up matching DA's production...? I'm 99% sure that they wouldn't. MW was the #7 pick...

I'm fairly sure that Herbert will not be insulted by having DA to throw to... He'll understand once those Super Bowl rings are custom fitted. It would be an insult not to get JH a better receiving option than MW. MW gets no separation because he's just not a very good route runner. Chargers constantly ask Herbert to be perfect and fit the ball into very tight windows. Why wouldn't we make learning easier on a rookie QB...? Spread everything out. Find route runners that create separation by being experts in the set-up. Did you watch Davante Adams' TD catch yesterday...? A thing of beauty! Beat double coverage, too. That's what I want. No more stalled offenses because 1 player goes down. I'm done with that.

We get beat because the offense can not move the ball, sustain long drives, and inadvertently puts the defense back out on the field. Even your best defenses can not survive that. We had the lead vs. the Chiefs. Had our offense been able to convert those 3 "Turnover on Downs"... better yet... never face 4th and shorts again... we would have/should have blown out the Chiefs... and Patriots... and Vikings... and [insert team name here]. The defensive pieces are there (Bosa, Derwin, ASJ)... now just build depth through the draft. Get those sneaky good defenders that fit Staley's multiple scheme.

We are soooooo close on offense. 1 RT. 1 more WR, 1 more RB.
                      And so close on defense. 1 CB. Depth @ NB, @EDGE, @safety, @LB @IDL

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post

The front office probably thinking that Norton is holding his own and instead of drafting a RT they will go after another position player. FML
                        Norton and Pipkins are way too inconsistent. No more chipping. Get OT's that can hold their own. Get TE's and RB's into the pattern... put pressure on defenses. Break their will! Iron fist! Bellicheck style...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                          Cap money has to first be spent keeping our own talent then in FA. It amazes me how fast some forget how risky tossing around big free agent contracts are. A good deal of these players will not fit a new scheme or worked hard to get paid but after getting paid never work as hard again. Free agency is high risk and not make it rain money... That said you surround a young QB with experience and build the defence through the draft is a generalization be I tend to agree with outside of a special talent at wr and rb to grow with Herbster.
                          I think you spend cap money on the best players for your team and not just sign your own guys for the sake of signing your own guys
                          Mike Williams - not worth it to me
                          Chris Harris - old
                          Linval Joseph - borderline but his skills aren't getting better

Kyzir White, Nwosu, Justin Jones, I think I am good with
                          STorm Norton - he is an RFA so cheap

Just because the player is on the Chargers this year doesn't mean he fits the scheme next year

I think the Chargers need to be open for damn business.

Comment

Working...
                          X