• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
    Ojabos spin move is something else. You see him just run right bast OTs and it makes you wonder if thats all he has. Rarely doubled with Hutchinson opposite him though. But that spin move is nice. Like to see more film of him vs multiple blockers. Not there so much. I do like his speed off the edge though. And when he has to use his hands he could smash rocks.

The motor on Karlaftis is off the charts. The weight he carries is in his legs. The kid has so much lower end strength. Nobody in this draft on the DL has epic technique and hands like Hutchinson...but both these guys instantly free up Bosa.
    I think Karlaftis will be there at 17. He’d look good in powder blue.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
      Ojabos spin move is something else. You see him just run right bast OTs and it makes you wonder if thats all he has. Rarely doubled with Hutchinson opposite him though. But that spin move is nice. Like to see more film of him vs multiple blockers. Not there so much. I do like his speed off the edge though. And when he has to use his hands he could smash rocks.

The motor on Karlaftis is off the charts. The weight he carries is in his legs. The kid has so much lower end strength. Nobody in this draft on the DL has epic technique and hands like Hutchinson...but both these guys instantly free up Bosa.
      Eric Galko was touting Jeffrey Gunter the other day. This is the Coastal Caroline EDGE who tore it up all week at the Shrine Bowl.

He has long, powerful arms, useful for disengaging blocks on run plays. Gunter also has an array of pass rush moves, important on Sundays vs NFL OL.

I see a possibility for mid round value here, round 4 or 5. Gunter can rotate in with Nwosu or Bosa. Besides, I like Chanticleers.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Kaiir Elam
          CB Florida

Christian Harris
          LB Alabama

Breece Hall
          RB Iowa State

Arnold Ebiketie
          EDGE Penn State

Bernhard Raimann
          OT Central Michigan

Brian Robinson Jr.
          RB Alabama

Allie Green IV
          CB Missouri

Bubba Bolden
          S Miami-Fl

Tyquan Thornton
          WR Baylor

Logan Bruss
          OT Wisconsin

Noah Elliss
          DT Idaho

Reggie Roberson
          WR SMU

Neil Farrell Jr.
        DT LSU

Comment

• Fleet 1
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Kauai
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Eric Galko was touting Jeffrey Gunter the other day. This is the Coastal Caroline EDGE who tore it up all week at the Shrine Bowl.

He has long, powerful arms, useful for disengaging blocks on run plays. Gunter also has an array of pass rush moves, important on Sundays vs NFL OL.

I see a possibility for mid round value here, round 4 or 5. Gunter can rotate in with Nwosu or Bosa. Besides, I like Chanticleers.
          Yeah i was hoping you were talking later rounds. No more Larry English types. lol Im not opposed to small school prospects... but im not sure we have great luck in high rounds with them. I am beating the trench drum. Im putting on the blinders for skill spots and building the trenches. Im not opposed to bringing Nwosu back..but as rotational or in situation football. I think we add a big name UFA DT or Edge. And draft there also. Im tired of expecting weakness going into the season with some position groups...and then having it play out.

Maybe a vision like the Bucs had when they drafted Vea and brought in guys like Barrett and JPP. Draft a guy like Davis out of Georgia. Build around him. Not sure if he is 3 downs or not. But we have to do something. Draft Davis....sign a stud Edge and DT. Set it and forget it. Hope that trickles down to our LBs.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
            PFF

Highest-graded WR in the 2022 NFL Draft

Skyy Moore - 91.6
            This is why I think PFF is a farce and their stats are lame. I just can't take them very seriously.
            Just seen too many head scratchers of how they came to their conclusions.

Last year I remember they had CB Tay Gowen ranked high with their stats and he went late 6th round. They are the only draft site that had him ranked as high as they did.

Comment

• equivocation
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2021
              • Send PM

PFF loved Lamp.

PFF doesn't adjust for difficulty of competition which has a moderate effect on their NFL grades and a ginormous effect on their college grades.

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
                [LIST]

Noah Elliss
                DT Idaho
                Charge! ....save me a seat on the round seven NoEl bandwagon !!

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2020
                  • Oklahoma
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

Charge! ....save me a seat on the round seven NoEl bandwagon !!
                  Me too, especially if Jordan Davis becomes a Charger. 2 deep at 3-4 NT

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...those 5XL manos could also help him SHAKE OFF defenders...
                    He'll need those big hands to hold all the money he'll be making.
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                      PFF loved Lamp.

PFF doesn't adjust for difficulty of competition which has a moderate effect on their NFL grades and a ginormous effect on their college grades.
                      Apparently neither does Telesco
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        BetterToday ThanYesterday
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                        PFF loved Lamp.

A lot of experts loved Lamp. We will never know if his major knee injury led to his crappy career or if he was just a bust all along. Too bad for us.

TG
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

I think Karlaftis will be there at 17. He’d look good in powder blue.
                          #1 George Karlaftis
                          #2 Travis Jones

Bosa, Jones, Jones, Karlaftis (rotation guys: Nwosu, Tillery, free agent)

You don't need to resign Nwosu - maybe Rumph II will do. Spend $8 million on some other position.

Your corners can be jags for all i care.

Comment

Working...
                          X