• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DennisR91
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

This plus the fact that Keenan Allen may very well be leaving in a year is why I would seriously consider Jameson Williams at 17. 4.3 speed with Herbert’s arm plus the other stuff Williams does would be bad news for the rest of the league. See what Chase is doing with Burrow in Cincy.
    just saw his highlights
    he Look like t billy

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts4ever213 View Post
      Anyone see the Texans are interviewing Lombardi for HC spot? Hmmm, might be blessing in disguise. But another new signal caller for Herbert? That would be like 6 years in a row for him. Doesn’t seem to hamper him, but maybe two years in the same offense might help.
      If Lombo leaves us, we may still roll with the same offense, kind of like when Norv was our OC, installed the O, left to be the HC of the Raiders, then came back to us as HC...we kept Norv's offense...

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

If Lombo leaves us, we may still roll with the same offense, kind of like when Norv was our OC, installed the O, left to be the HC of the Raiders, then came back to us as HC...we kept Norv's offense...
        Any idea of who could step in as OC and run it?
        internal maybe?
        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

This plus the fact that Keenan Allen may very well be leaving in a year is why I would seriously consider Jameson Williams at 17. 4.3 speed with Herbert’s arm plus the other stuff Williams does would be bad news for the rest of the league. See what Chase is doing with Burrow in Cincy.
          Would be hard to complain about adding a talent like that, even if we have to wait a bit on him...but we would have to have addressed quite a bit in FA to be able to afford such a luxury pick. We have a very effective WR corp, assuming Williams is back...while I am not saying JW couldn't be a factor next season, he would be more of a pick for the future...whereas we can fix this team up for success right now by adding a defender or olineman...just my feeling.

Now...if Pickett is still around in the second, I might even move up a little to get that guy. I get the salivation over pure speed, but this kids hands are like two gravitational singularities...any football in reach seems to be sucked into his hands for a catch...at least in the games I watched him, mostly in previous seasons.
          The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I 100% agree with the BPA at PON approach. The issue that I am seeing, however, is that the likely BPAs at #17 may not fit the PONs very well.

Who do you like as a CB, DT or OL that you believe will be there at #17 and that carries good value for that draft slot? Also, I think I would say that RT is a big need, but that RG could be filled through free agency such as by re-signing Aboushi.

And, of course, the other big issue is that we may have a chance to be a bigger player in free agency this season than we have been in other seasons, so some of our team needs may be filled through that process instead of through the draft.
            this draft will fall to the chargers just as good as it has the last two years in terms of value. maybe I misunderstood your post but are you implying no one worth the 17th at position of need will be available at 17th slot? I think there are going to be 5-7 players worth tha spot when the chargers draft and they might have choice of one or two types of positions. At this point we don’t even know enough in terms of who has a bad combine, who whatever, how can we assume there won’t be any worthwhile at 17? The QBs as usual will rise late pushing talented players further down which is a huge boon for teams like the Chargers. In addition to that the chargers have needs at positions that are traditionally easier fill with quality players because the most challenging positions are set (QB/LT), we are good at Edge, the big needs are CB, DT, and then RT and the reason why I rank RT third is because I believe we already have our RT on the roster in Matt Feiler. Resign Oday to play RG, bring back Scho as reserve, and sign a solid veteran LG, then RT becomes a mid to late round depth developmental deal. For depth we have an improved pipkins for another year and 4rth tackle can be drafted in rounds 3-5 or if a good one is available in round 2. Corner is the biggest draft need with DT being easier to fill in FA, then add depth as needed.
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2021
              • Send PM

Done enough simulators to make your head spin, but one thing stands out, premium defensive players get snapped up rounds 1 & 2. So all this talk about other needs and positions is pointless.
              Need at least three, combined with FA. Which will dictate direction. I can’t get over Nakobi Dean. Don’t care if most respected draft guru here, calls him a chihuahua, lol. He would assume defensive play calling from Derwin James. The mechanical engineer is perfect Staley piece to solve run deficiencies. There are so many layers involved but if we’re talking Best Defensive Player Available I’m afraid it’s the hyper quick, ultra smart chihuahua.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Chihuahua will bite your nutz off.

You planning on beating that ?
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Tears of joy would come down my face. 90% of our offensive success came from our QB and receivers and other star players on offense. Not Lombo...but he did put Storm Norton on an island all by himself in critical games this season.

:coffee:
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• QSmokey
                    Guardedly Optimistic
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kuna, Idaho
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Yuba View Post

After you have extracted your head from your own arse, please consider the following:

1. I said that Johnson was "a" key factor in why we lost to the Raiders. I did not say, as you incorrectly claimed, that Johnson was "the" key factor in why we lost to the Raiders. Surely, even you can understand that those two statements do not mean the same thing. Please feel free to admit for all to see that you misquoted me.

2. Watch the first quarter of the game again. Study the Roberts fumble deep in our own territory that led directly to a TD for the Raiders. You might happen to notice that the fumble was caused by a player wearing #17 for the Raiders. Please 1) state who that player that made that key play for the Raiders is and 2) admit that your take about Johnson's impact on the game was dead wrong.

veryourhead:veryourhead:veryourhead:veryourhead:veryourhead:veryourhead:

Sorry, I have no more time for your nonsense.
                    Ah, some things never change. The unending self-righteousness of the all-knowing Yuba. Releasing T-Billy was not "a key factor" any more than it was "the key factor", or any more than his exit "screwed the explosiveness of our offense". You've been pining the loss of a 2-catch WR since he was let go in TC. Not sure why all the man-love, but you've never made a ton of sense, Yuba. Can always count on you to be pompous, however.

This team lost because their defense was, to put it lightly, sub-par. Not because a 2-catch WR was cut.

Carry on...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Ah, some things never change. The unending self-righteousness of the all-knowing Yuba. Releasing T-Billy was not "a key factor" any more than it was "the key factor", or any more than his exit "screwed the explosiveness of our offense". You've been pining the loss of a 2-catch WR since he was let go in TC. Not sure why all the man-love, but you've never made a ton of sense, Yuba. Can always count on you to be pompous, however.

This team lost because their defense was, to put it lightly, sub-par. Not because a 2-catch WR was cut.

Carry on...
                      Agree. 3rd and 22, 3rd and 8, … etc etc … slap slap …
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                        Chihuahua will bite your nutz off.

You planning on beating that ?
                        Smart
                        Instinctive
                        Bite you

Comment

• Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Carry on...
                          Well, stupid posts from you certainly are not changing.

Johnson was a key factor in the loss to the Raiders just as I said. He was the player that forced Roberts to fumble, which was an important play in the game. Feel free to disagree. I am comfortable with where I am on that issue.

Further, while the stupid decision to cut Johnson is old news from which our team will have to recover, your analytical approach is just wrong. It is completely irrelevant what Johnson did or does as a WR for other teams. It always was.

What matters is his ability to play well for us when playing with Herbert, something he more than demonstrated in 2020. Our very deep (explosive) passing game did take a step back this year as I said it would without Johnson. What Johnson was for us in 2020 was 20 receptions for 398 yards (19.9 yards per reception) and 3 TDs on just 26 targets.

For those failing to grasp the significance of that level of statistical production, the QB rating when we targeted Johnson in 2020 was 156.7, which was the single highest rating for any QB throwing to any receiver regardless of position (WR, TE, RB) in the entire NFL in that season. I would say that pretty damn well proves how good Johnson could be when working with Herbert.

If you wish to claim that there was no meaningful functional rhythm developed between Herbert and Johnson in the face of that combination being the most efficient together in the entire NFL, you go right ahead. Again, I am very comfortable with my very well supported position on this issue.

I think the act of you referring to me by the username of an apparent former poster and taking weak and unsupportable positions just to act as a troll says a lot more about you than it does me, so, by all means, you carry on....

Comment

Working...
                          X